From Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade

qwerty

Did you notice that in "Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade" Indy and Elsa came in the caltle at night. Then story was going on but without some big time gap. Then came the scene in wich Indy and Sr. are escaping. But that scene was in broad daylight.
What is this?!
Did I miss a scene or what?

Finn

Staff member
Interesting notion.

Of course, a) it could possibly have been early dawn, and b) it was never stated how much time did pass between when Vogel captured the Joneses and we saw tied to the chair. It's no shame to think not much, but the window of opportunity is there.

And naturally, conjucting a) and b), couple of hours was enough.

IndyBuff

Here's another question: what happened to Indy's satchel at the end of the film? He comes out of the temple and it's simply gone!:eek:

It's just one of those things that happens in movies. Minor inconsistancies like that don't bother me too much and they tend to happen in a lot of films.

Canyon

Indy said:
Here's another question: what happened to Indy's satchel at the end of the film? He comes out of the temple and it's simply gone!:eek:

That's because when the Grail Knight swings the sword at Indy, the edge of the sword cuts the leather MKvii strap which then falls to the floor. ;)

IndyBuff

Continuity is a pretty difficult task but with the Indiana Jones series I actually feel they've done a pretty good job. Sure, sometimes the movies, books, video games, comics, etc. contradict each other or get something wrong but most of the time the stories and characters flow together very well and it all helps create the Indy universe.

Typically, I just do what Canyon mentioned: make up a situation to explain why something doesn't make sense. Basically, Indy didn't have his satchel because he gave it to Sallah for safe-keeping as they left.;)

moondrifter

Jay R. Zay said:
most of all they are doing a very hard job. ever tried it?

actually i did try it for the first time earlier this year! it's really fun and i got to nag people for annoying little things lol. i'd love to make a movie again.................u ever tried it??

IndyBuff

VP said:
Actually you can see the sword cut the strap in the movie.

:confused: Hmmm, I must have missed something. I guess it just proves how stupid I am. I've seen that movie a thousand times and never noticed. Thanks for letting me know.

In that case, carry on.:eek:

roundshort

ummm, I could go form some great B.B.Q. ribs fro Memphis right now . . .
1-888-HOGS-FLY, the best in the world!

Sorry saw you were from TN, one of my favorite states!