Working on a new fan film...

Marty Jones

Hello. I am a film student from the United States and ever since I was very young, I have been an Indiana Jones fan. I love everything about the films. The actors, the writing, the locations, the music...everything. Well, as a tribute to such a great film series, I've decided that I would like to accept the challenge of making an Indiana Jone fan film. I've been tossing the idea around for a little while now and I've worked out a good bit of the story. I know what characters I want to use and what characters of my own I want to introduce. I know a number of locations I would like to use and have actually written the parts that I could get away with writing at this point. The main problem I'm running into is what Indiana should be searching for, which obviously is a major problem.

This is why I have come here before continuing with my film. I am wondering if anyone here would be willing to throw some ideas at me. As many as possible so that I have a large selection. I'm no expert on antiquities, but I can offer a few bits of information that might help narrow down what I would want to use.

1.) The film takes place in 1931.

2.) I do not want to involve the desert. I do not live anywhere near a desert or beach, or anywhere with a lot of sand. The hassle of moving my crew somewhere so far away, coupled with the heat that we would have to put up with, has pretty much led me away from that option.

3.) Indy will be teaming up with a certain greedy individual (although not a villain). I would rather not disclose exactly who this is, for the sake of the story, but I will say that it is someone he cares about. This person is actually the one who begins the hunt for whatever object Indy will go after, so greed should be the motivation to find whatever it is.

4.) I do not want to hunt something that has already been used in another form of Indy history (books, comics, movies, etc.)

5.) The artifact, like the ones from the films, should have a sort of super natural element to it.

So, if anyone can help me, I would very much appreciate it. :whip:

Pale Horse

Staff member
Marty Jones said:
So, if anyone can help me, I would very much appreciate it. :whip:

Try here: Non Desert elements

or here:Greedy People elements

Both concepts have recieved much favor here, and demonstrate the sorts of creativity the members have when it comes to realizing seemingly typical elements in a unique way. Feel free to research the archives under 'artifact' for ideas as well.

And Welcome to the Raven, VP will you post the honors?

Deadlock

Here's one of the better artifact discussions from the Indy 4 table that won't show up in searches because it's too old: Indy 4 Artifact.

Some suggestions in there are better than others. To give the Judeo-Christian artifacts a rest, you might try looking into some mythology: Greek, Norse, Japanese.

Webley

Obi-Wan's lightsaber

Its very old and it comes from a galaxy far, far away and it has not been used in another form of Indy history (books, comics, movies, etc.)
At lest I dont think so

Marty Jones

Thanks for the replies guys! I'll be looking forward to the good reads you've offered. I'm sure I'll be able to find something there. As for the lightsaber idea...that actually might make a pretty funny cross-over parody. Maybe I'll give that one a go sometime later on.

:)

Webley

Sometime later on.
No it has to be done now if you dont do it some one will and thay will make lots of $$$$$$ doing it.

JRDspal

Congrats one your fan video ideas, please fill me in.

Hi,
My first post here.
(Caution Off Topic: I came to this BBS to find out some info on the short film presented at Disneyland's Temple of the Forbidden Eye ride.)

I am very interested and have been for years in fan videos and their production. Please tell me where you are located. I may not be able to physically help but I have extensive experience in fandom and professional production matters. Fill me in.
JRDSpal....http://www.geocities.com/movieactorsag_2000/fanresume.html