Has anyone ever checked Cafe Press for Indy stuff

I do worry however about collecting Indiana Jones bits and pieces, as it?s not a good investment. There?s just not the interest, so you have to collect for the love of it. Something like The Wizard of Oz, which is almost 70 years old now, everyone?s seen and is still popular, would be my choice for collecting.

Canyon

JK, thanks for posting. I had no idea that there were so many Indy tee shirt designs out there! :hat:

Katarn07

Ha, I am so getting a Lao Che Air Freight shirt :D

I do worry however about collecting Indiana Jones bits and pieces, as it’s not a good investment. There’s just not the interest, so you have to collect for the love of it.

You know what, comments like that really annoy me. I'm sorry, but you gotta be pretty stupid to collect stuff for money. Collecting is about enjoying the hobby, not trying to invest for the future.

Last edited:
Katarn07 said:
You know what, comments like that really annoy me. I'm sorry, but you gotta be pretty stupid to collect stuff for money. Collecting is about enjoying the hobby, not trying to invest for the future.

I tend to disagree. I don?t think you?ve got to be pretty stupid to collect stuff for money. I?d say it makes good common sense. However as I said before, it would be nice if you could strike a balance between the love of it and investment potential. Eventually most collectors get tired of their collection and then want to sell it, so you don?t want to make a loss. If you?re in the fortunate position where you can outlay money without any returns, then good luck to you.

René Belloq said:
I do worry however about collecting Indiana Jones bits and pieces, as it?s not a good investment. There?s just not the interest, so you have to collect for the love of it. Something like The Wizard of Oz, which is almost 70 years old now, everyone?s seen and is still popular, would be my choice for collecting.
It really depends on what you're collecting. The figures, and especially the TOD, have gone up over the last few years. I suspect that when/if Indy VI comes out they will go up even more. I don't think that things like t-shirts and the like will do anything, but they never do anyway. I wouldn't know what to do with shirts either. Figures and the like are easy to display and store.

Not all of us will get rid of our collections either. At least I don't see a reason to get rid of mine. Plus how can you ever know what will be any good or not? Just look at those beanie babies that were huge a number of years ago, now you can get them cheap.

Katarn07

You're right, people do collect stuff hoping to make a profit. If I sold all my Indy stuff, I would make a lot more money off it than I had paid for it. But guess what? I still enjoy my Indy collection! Why look into selling it?

Just as my sisters and I plan on inheriting my parents' collections, I hope my kids can enjoy my action figure collection as much as I have. I am never, ever going to sell them unless it's a real emergency. Since I'm only 19 and still live with my parents, that's not gonna happen for quite a while yet, it's unlikely if I ever need to do that, it won't be in the near future.

And as for these "collectibles" posted in this topic, they're once again not to make a profit. They're for your own enjoyment. How many people are gonna even know what Lao Che Airfreight is unless you're a die-hard Indy fan anyways?

And as said, you don't know what's gonna be good. If you go out to invest in stuff already worth stuff, you're paying quite a bit to get that stuff. And what happens when it goes down in price? Once Hasbro or someone makes Indy toys, the old Kenner and LJN stuff will decrease in value. It won't hit rock bottom or anything, but it will not remain as high is it is now. And the new Indy toys that they might make, like most SW toys made since 1995, will probably be worth nothing because they make way too much of it and no one will want it because they already have it. And if you are only doing it for the money, you won't get anything out of the whole purchase! At least with those who do it for the love of collecting, they will get satisfaction out of that worthless item.

Viper

I third it. Most of it's not even Indiana Jones, just archaeology and palientology stuff. Oh well. I'm thinking about buying a hooded sweatshirt, but there's not a lot of choices.