A "The Raven" journal

Another website I frequent is chasing down this idea, and I thought I'd bring it here as well. We could use something positive and community building in light of recent developments.

So here's the basic idea.... We pick a specific paper size. Everyone is welcome to submit a few pages of stuff... Pictures.... tales of adventure... 'diary' style entries.... but it's all gotta be personal. No 'Role-Playing'....

These pages are then all sent to one place where they are scanned and archived for safe keeping. They are then 'bound' together in book form.

Bingo! An "Indy style" journal of "The Raven" and it's members.

I'd suggest it go to Gilles for safe keeping, to be brought out to face-to-face Raven meets (If such things ever happen.... our small group here seems pretty spread out over the world) where new things can be added to blank pages at the back.

Opinions? Ideas? Foreseeable issues?

IAdventurer01

Neat. I like this idea. (y)

The idea itself seems entertaining, and I agree that Gilles is the logical organizer. The only possible downfall I can see is a lack of participation, so it won't be all that interesting and people will forget about it.

"Gilles is the logical organizer"
I guess, if he wants to be.....

"lack of participation"
One could very easily say that about the whole place though.... this is a small effort to curb that trend.

Who said I gave up?

I refreshed the thread didn't I? I got you to post here didn't I?

Do you wish to help, or are you just gonna keep doing what you usually do?

Aaron H

Moderator Emeritus
ClintonHammond said:
Who said I gave up?

I refreshed the thread didn't I? I got you to post here didn't I?

Do you wish to help, or are you just gonna keep doing what you usually do?
Just learning from the best.

Frankly I think its a good idea; further clarification, however, might be in order.

qafir

CH,

I think this is a great idea. As a newcomer, it's a bit hard to get a sense of the history of the place. I mean, I can read old posts (fun), and I can browse the members pages (not as fun), but it takes a really long time to figure out who's who and what's what. A journal like you describe would be fun to read and would really create a sense of community and history.

Would it have to be paper based, though? I'd personally prefer to scan and email something like that rather than figure out postage to Belgium. Just a thought.

One other idea: Maybe the mods could insert a link on members' profiles to their Raven Journal page.

Q

One idea is to have those who wish to participate each send a page or few (Once a format is decided) to a single location.... The person doing this scans them all and posts them so everyone @ The Raven can see 'em....

This person also has the original pages 'bound' so that we have both, an electronic copy and an actual physical copy that could be sent/brought to The Raven meets (A 'flocking'?) and such