The Raven

The Raven (http://raven.theraider.net/index.php)
-   Open Discussion (http://raven.theraider.net/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Rest In Peace, [Insert Name Here] (http://raven.theraider.net/showthread.php?t=20004)

Chicago Jones 03-10-2010 10:40 AM

Corey Haim dead...
 
He gone!

I once met him at a q and A and after words asked for an autograph and he said no and walked away. I yelled, "go to hell! I hope you die"... oops

Rocket Surgeon 03-10-2010 10:52 AM

Didn't he write in the blood from his puncture wounds "Michael Jackson did this to me?"

Chicago Jones 03-10-2010 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rocket Surgeon
Didn't he write in the blood from his puncture wounds "Michael Jackson did this too me?"


No, he wrote my death doesn't matter

Finn 03-13-2010 04:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chicago Jones
No, he wrote my death doesn't matter

Fitting, considering he was apparently a C-list actor I just had to google just to find out who he was.


Luckily, it's not my job to dictate what's worth a thread. Just what isn't.

Stoo 03-14-2010 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chicago Jones
I once met him at a q and A and after words asked for an autograph and he said no and walked away. I yelled, "go to hell! I hope you die"... oops

Wow. You are such a dude. Can you teach us all how to be as cool as yourself?
Quote:

Originally Posted by Chicago Jones
No, he wrote my death doesn't matter

It matters so little that you felt the need to start a thread about it.:rolleyes:

Corey's story turned out to be a sad one. He was once a nice, Jewish boy from Toronto. R.I.P. Corey.:(

Goonie 03-14-2010 09:45 PM

Rest In Peace, [Insert Name Here]
 
Mission Impossible's Peter Graves passed away at age 83:
http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNew...b=TopStoriesV2

"Good morning Mr. Phelps..."

RIP Peter.

That's two. I wonder who number three is?

Dr. Gonzo 03-15-2010 02:01 AM

Dr. Gonzo


Aged 83

The judges wife said please set him free!

Dr. Gonzo 03-15-2010 02:04 AM

Seriously though I have no right to judge... he was a part of a different time than my own.

Indy's brother 03-15-2010 10:08 AM

So....did he have the chicken or the fish?

Rocket Surgeon 03-15-2010 02:51 PM

Stalag 17 got Price...it's Oveur

Roger Murdock: Flight 2-0-9'er, you are cleared for take-off.
Captain Oveur: Roger!
Roger Murdock: Huh?
Tower voice: L.A. departure frequency, 123 point 9'er.
Captain Oveur: Roger!
Roger Murdock: Huh?
Victor Basta: Request vector, over.
Captain Oveur: What?
Tower voice: Flight 2-0-9'er cleared for vector 324.
Roger Murdock: We have clearance, Clarence.
Captain Oveur: Roger, Roger. What's our vector, Victor?
Tower voice: Tower's radio clearance, over!
Captain Oveur: That's Clarence Oveur. Over.
Tower voice: Over.
Captain Oveur: Roger.
Roger Murdock: Huh?
Tower voice: Roger, over!
Roger Murdock: What?
Captain Oveur: Huh?
Victor Basta: Who?

Stoo 03-15-2010 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Goonie
Mission Impossible's Peter Graves passed away at age 83:

Love "Mission Impossible"! Peter Graves was also the host for A&E's "Biography" on Harrison Ford. R.I.P. Mr. Graves.:(

@Rocket: Great scene from "Airplane!":up:

AlivePoet 03-15-2010 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rocket Surgeon
Stalag 17 got Price...it's Oveur

Roger Murdock: Flight 2-0-9'er, you are cleared for take-off.
Captain Oveur: Roger!
Roger Murdock: Huh?
Tower voice: L.A. departure frequency, 123 point 9'er.
Captain Oveur: Roger!
Roger Murdock: Huh?
Victor Basta: Request vector, over.
Captain Oveur: What?
Tower voice: Flight 2-0-9'er cleared for vector 324.
Roger Murdock: We have clearance, Clarence.
Captain Oveur: Roger, Roger. What's our vector, Victor?
Tower voice: Tower's radio clearance, over!
Captain Oveur: That's Clarence Oveur. Over.
Tower voice: Over.
Captain Oveur: Roger.
Roger Murdock: Huh?
Tower voice: Roger, over!
Roger Murdock: What?
Captain Oveur: Huh?
Victor Basta: Who?



You just became my favourite Ravener of the day. :hat:

Goonie 03-15-2010 09:11 PM

Everybody keeps quoting Airplane! How about Airplane 2?

Captain Oveur: "Tell me Jimmy, do you like it when you hold out your leg and Scraps rubs up and down on it?"

:eek: :rolleyes:

Rocket Surgeon 03-17-2010 07:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stoo
Corey's story turned out to be a sad one. He was once a nice, Jewish boy from Toronto. R.I.P. Corey.:(


Got to say I was a little rough too!

Unlike his Corey-counter part, I couldn't think of a memorable role he had.

At least Feldman had Stand By Me and, well that's about it.

WilliamBoyd8 03-18-2010 02:38 PM

Indiana Jones never had to fight giant grasshoppers as Peter Graves did in
"Beginning of the End".

"Have you ever been in a Turkish prison?"

:)

WilliamBoyd8 03-18-2010 04:52 PM

Fess Parker, RIP
 
Actor Fess Parker has died.

He was "Davy Crockett" of the 1950's Disney televison program which started a fad of wearing coonskin caps.

He later played "Daniel Boone" in another televison series.

http://www.cnn.com/2010/SHOWBIZ/03/1...ex.html?hpt=T2

I remember him from the 1954 film "Them" where he played a pilot who had
seen flying saucers which "looked like giant ants".

:(

Stoo 03-18-2010 05:48 PM

"From the 'coonskin cap on top of ol' Dan to the heel of his rawhide shoe.
The rippin'-est, roarin'-est, fightin'-est man the frontier ever knew..."

R.I.P. FESS!!!:(

Finn 03-18-2010 06:45 PM

Mod Note
 
From this point on, if you wish to pay your respects to a dead celebrity, please use this combined thread to do so, especially if we're talking about a person who might likely be known only in certain parts of the world.

A better known figure (like the Pope, Michael Jackson, Elvis or some world leader or another) might be worthy of its own thread, but every C-class actor isn't, especially with people dying 'round the world every day.

This of course doesn't mean that their lives would have been any less valuable than somebody else's, but we're still likely better off this way.






Also, best be to mention that the failure to comperehend this message (especially if there are multiple violations) might lead to a bunch of fellow raveners paying their condolences to your user account. Which would be such a waste, if you ask me.

AlivePoet 03-18-2010 08:44 PM

^ Great idea Finn. To be honest, I would care more about a Ravener's passing than most actors', whether C-list or higher. That no doubt has to do with our social standings, as I can empathize/relate better to someone I have only even observed communicate on this site than to a celeb who has been living in high society/fantasyland.

Rocket Surgeon 03-18-2010 09:26 PM

Merlin Olsen
 
Merlin Olsen was a former American football player in the National Football League and an actor. He played his entire 15-year career with the Los Angeles Rams and was elected to the Pro Bowl in 14 of those seasons, a current record shared with Bruce Matthews. He is a member of the Pro Football Hall of Fame and the College Football Hall of Fame. As an actor he portrayed Jonathan Garvey on Little House on the Prairie. After leaving that series, he starred in his own NBC drama, Father Murphy, playing the title role of a traveling priest.

Nurhachi1991 03-18-2010 10:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rocket Surgeon
Didn't he write in the blood from his puncture wounds "Michael Jackson did this to me?"





Michael disaproves of this stupidity

Stoo 03-19-2010 06:19 AM

Ernst Beyeler
 
Swiss art collector, Ernst Beyeler, passed away a few weeks ago. He was 88.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rocket Surgeon
Got to say I was a little rough too!

At least you didn't announce that you had told him to "Go to Hell! I hope you die!" If a person is going to say that to someone, why would they even want the autograph in the first place?:rolleyes:
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rocket Surgeon
Unlike his Corey-counter part, I couldn't think of a memorable role he had.

At least Feldman had Stand By Me and, well that's about it.

Corey Haim was the crippled kid in "Silver Bullet". Now, that's a CLASSIC!:p
Quote:

Originally Posted by Finn
Also, best be to mention that the failure to comperehend this message (especially if there are multiple violations) might lead to a bunch of fellow raveners paying their condolences to your user account. Which would be such a waste, if you ask me.

Not in the case of riff-raff like Chicago Jones.:p

Rocket Surgeon 03-21-2010 08:13 AM

THAT's not Michael...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nurhachi1991


Michael disaproves of this stupidity

THIS is Michael...



My apologies to Gollem...(R.I.P.)

Montana Smith 03-22-2010 04:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rocket Surgeon
THAT's not Michael...


THIS is Michael...



My apologies to Gollem...(R.I.P.)


Whilst MJ dishonestly said it didn't matter if you were black or white, Gollum also underwent a colour change. In Tolkien's original stories he was black. Seems like they had more in common than just freakish looks! :dead:

Finn 03-22-2010 12:55 PM

Ahem, gang... I was under impression we already have a Michael Jackson thread in here somewhere.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:27 AM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.