The Raven

The Raven (http://raven.theraider.net/index.php)
-   General Indiana Jones Discussion (http://raven.theraider.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   The Indy Cast (http://raven.theraider.net/showthread.php?t=17396)

indyrcks 11-19-2008 11:43 AM

The Indy Cast

What do you think of the Indy Cast and why

RaiderMitch 12-06-2008 10:55 AM

I think its a great show and makes listening to Indy News fun -- then again I am kind of partial to it....

Indy~Annie 12-07-2008 11:57 PM

i think its awesome!!!!:up:

i cant wait for each weeks show!!!

you gotta love listening to Ed Dolista.;) hehe

indyclone25 12-08-2008 05:36 AM

i can't wait for saturday nights to download the show and listen to it --- i love all the news and features that he does ---- and since i won a poster from the contest ( the "indyfans" poster)i am really a die hard fan --- i hardly ever listen to the force.nets forcecast anymore----lol

Indy~Annie 12-09-2008 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by indyclone25
i can't wait for saturday nights to download the show and listen to it --- i love all the news and features that he does ---- and since i won a poster from the contest ( the "indyfans" poster)i am really a die hard fan --- i hardly ever listen to the force.nets forcecast anymore----lol

cool!! you won the poster!!! Congratulations!!!!:up:

so what is your name? so i know if its you sending a letter to it.:) i think its cool to hear other Raven fans on the Indycast.

Nurhachi1991 12-09-2008 10:31 PM

Four words..........

Best Podcast Ever

Violet 12-10-2008 12:49 AM

Don't listen to it. I guess, I just haven't been bothered to do so. I think about Indy stuff enough and talk about it enough here. Besides, I already have met Ed in real life.

I'm actually serious, folks.

indyclone25 12-10-2008 07:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Indy~Annie
cool!! you won the poster!!! Congratulations!!!!:up:

so what is your name? so i know if its you sending a letter to it.:) i think its cool to hear other Raven fans on the Indycast.

my real name is mark martino ---- and it is kool to be mentioned on the indycast --i have been on ( mentioned and had my emails read ) at least 5 times now .and hopefully again in the future

Nurhachi1991 12-10-2008 06:40 PM

I have had my Emails read on the show 4 or 5 times as well

indyclone25 12-10-2008 07:08 PM

ain't it cool ---- check out the indy flickr page for my artwork i have sent in

Indy~Annie 12-11-2008 05:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by indyclone25
my real name is mark martino ---- and it is kool to be mentioned on the indycast --i have been on ( mentioned and had my emails read ) at least 5 times now .and hopefully again in the future

Oh yeah I always look forward to your letters actually.:o i know strange.lol but i remember every one.so im like hey you sent in a letter before.:Dlol
but awesome i will have to know its IndyClone for now on.hehe

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nurhachi1991
I have had my Emails read on the show 4 or 5 times as well

oh cool whats your name??? im sure i'll know who you are to.lol i know creepy.:p

chr0n0naut 12-13-2008 02:24 AM

The Indycast rules! :D

I feel guilty coz I've fallen behind. I'm trying to catch up but haven't had time with study and everything.

I got an email read on the Indycast though and managed to a get a picture of me and my whole family dressed in "Adventure gear" before going to see the movie up on the flicker page.

I may have been the first Indyfan in the world to see the film (other than those at Cannes) as I live in New Zealand and we are leading in terms of the timezones and the movie actually came out here on the night of the 21st :)

Goonie 12-21-2008 05:49 PM

Is there going to be a new Indy Cast today or is Ed taking a break for the holidays? I'm anxious, I want to know if I won one of the Uncle Milton toys! :up:

RaiderMitch 12-21-2008 10:08 PM

The show just finished taping tonight... Ed is busy editing and it will be ready for download tomorrow morning (12/22).

It's a good one with a special talk on what to get an Indyfan for the holidays!

Forbidden Eye 12-21-2008 11:11 PM

Listened to it since Day 1. Am subscribed to it through iTunes.

Great show. I remember back in 2007 having started getting into TheForce-Cast, going through iTunes thinking, "Where the freak is an Indiana Jones podcast!?!". Indy-Cast is everything I had in mind. It helped me get into the Indy mood as we approached KOTCS! :up:

I've participated in their contests, but have never bother with writing an email, explaining my "Indyhistory", reviews on KOTCS etc. but its the only podcast I happen to listen to anymore.

I just hope it can stay interesting through 2009 and beyond, as unless Indy 5 or an animated series get underway, shows are probably going to get flimsier now that KOTCS is on DVD/Blu-Ray.

RaiderMitch 12-22-2008 05:17 PM

Hey Forbidden Eye!

Thanks for the nice comments ----- I will pass them onto Ed Dolista (who is trying to get his log-in to work -- so heads up Moderator Finn or Mordred).

He loves Indy and its a shame that there aren't more Indy related merchandise items in Australlia -- Ed is always trying to get his hands on what we see in our stores on a daily basis. He is also a huge Star Wars and Pirates fan, so check out teh Indy-Cast MySpace page (the iTunes subscriptions don't provide the show notes links -- so you miss out on the polls, trivia, pics and more if you don't hit the source on MySpace).

The plans are to keep going with the Indy-Cast -- and there is a lot more to talk about -- even if Indy 5 doesn't happen right away!

Goonie 12-22-2008 10:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Goonie
Is there going to be a new Indy Cast today or is Ed taking a break for the holidays? I'm anxious, I want to know if I won one of the Uncle Milton toys! :up:

Woohoo! I just found out I won one of the Crystal Skull projectors! Thanks Ed and Uncle Milton! :up: It'll make a nice late Christmas gift.

indycast 01-07-2009 12:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Violet Indy
Don't listen to it. I guess, I just haven't been bothered to do so. I think about Indy stuff enough and talk about it enough here. Besides, I already have met Ed in real life.

I'm actually serious, folks.

I am intrigued now as I only have been to Queensland once...and it rained. I'd love to know where we met!

The Indy-Cast will be back for another year (hopefully) of Indy news January 11 with Episode 55!

Violet 01-07-2009 01:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by indycast
I am intrigued now as I only have been to Queensland once...and it rained. I'd love to know where we met!

The Indy-Cast will be back for another year (hopefully) of Indy news January 11 with Episode 55!

I don't know if you would remember me, but I went to Newcombe Secondary College back in 2004 and played Raquel Del Soto, in your play, "Boogie Fever" and that was where I met you and you were the director so we did rehearsals together. We talked about Indy once with one of my teachers back then. I didn't know that you were that big of a fan though at the time. :p Long story short, moved back to the Gold Coast in 05 and got my degree in film and tv at Griffith Uni at the end of last year.

indycast 01-08-2009 03:59 AM

I do remember! Funny I'm doing a version of that disco show at the end of January (sadly the Raquel character has been cut - but then again I don't look good in halternecks)

Good to see you still love your Indy!

Goonie 01-08-2009 04:33 AM

Welcome aboard The Raven Ed!

Looking forward to Episode 55. :up:

indyrcks 01-08-2009 07:43 AM

I'm looking forward to episode 55 of the Indy Cast and welcome to The Raven Ed:up: :D :whip:

indyclone25 01-08-2009 07:50 AM

nice to have you with us ed, it'll be nice to interact with you more this way , can't wait til episode 55

Saber79 01-08-2009 08:31 AM

the Indycast is one of the best things out there. I anxiously await the new episode each week. Its really the only thing that gets me through a day of creating websites and advertisments at work. I think I listen to each episode about 20 times per week, and each time I pick up something else.

Great work Ed and Mitchell and everyone involved with it.
Long live the Indycast!

indycast 01-11-2009 03:49 PM

Just letting you know that Episode 55 is now up on iTunes!

Cheers,

Ed