The Post

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
It tied for second on the 2016 Black List with 35 votes.
Madonna biopic Blond Ambition was first with 48 votes.
THE POST by Liz Hannah
Before Watergate, there were the Pentagon Papers. This is the true story of how Washington Post scion Katherine Graham and her legendary editor Bill Bradlee overcame their differences to publish the story that would change their lives.
Want some summer reading in this news dearth?

Attila the Professor

Staff member
curmudgeon said:
It's been re-titled "The Papers"

(Really competes with "Always" for blandest Spielberg film title, doesn't it?)

Sarah Paulson, Bob Odenkirk, Matthew Rhys, Bradley Whitford, Carrie Coon, Jesse Plemons, David Cross, Alison Brie, Bruce Greenwood, Tracy Letts, Michael Stuhlbarg, and Zach Woods have been added to the cast.

Could this be the best cast Spielberg's had to work with? At least the one with the best television pedigree.

Le Saboteur

A trailer dropped in the wee small hours of the morning.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/nrXlY6gzTTM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

It should be pretty obvious why this was fast tracked into production.

Udvarnoky

Looks pretty self-important and awards-baity, but then so did Bridge of Spies and I found that movie terrific, so I'm giving Spielberg the benefit of the doubt. I think humor is going to be of huge importance to this movie, and with Bob Odenkirk involved I am optimistic on that front.

Joe Brody

Bummer -- I don't see G. Gordon Liddy listed in the IMDB cast list. I thought some of the plumbers might make the cut based on the quick shot from the trailer of Nixon talking in the Oval Office.

I started camping and backpacking in the fourth grade. In the sixth grade I watched the network broadcast of Stephen King's Salem's Lot. It scared the Hell out of me, and it made me afraid of back packing and being out in the woods at night. When my buddies backed out of a trip at the last minute, I decided to go by myself -- inspired by Liddy's book Will and his story of roping himself in a tree during a lightening storm to overcome his fear of lightening. It worked.

Later in high school, I saw that Liddy was speaking at a local college. I got permission from my principal for me and a couple of friends to take off school to see Liddy speak. For good measure we knocked back a few beers before the speech — even though I think it was before lunch time. Right before the speech, I'm in the men's room doing my business and Liddy comes in to utilize the urinal beside me. He smells the beer on me and proceeds to stare/glare at me. I want to say that he said something as we washed up — but I don’t remember it. What I do remember, is that he glared me down pretty much his whole speech. I’m sure I was exactly the kind of degenerate that he was railing against during that tour.

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
It opens limited December 22 then wide January 12. It hasn't premiered yet, but already screened in New York November 19 and Los Angeles November 27 for press, who loved it. In the betting markets it's currently among the top Oscar contenders behind Dunkirk and Three Billboards. (It's probably Christopher Nolan's "turn.") Hopefully at some Spielberg appearance in coming months someone can puncture the film's bubble of importance with an Indy question.