The Raven

The Raven (http://raven.theraider.net/index.php)
-   Films (http://raven.theraider.net/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   The Mummy: Tomb of the Dragon Emperor (http://raven.theraider.net/showthread.php?t=6921)

Chattar Lal 09-05-2004 09:03 AM

The Mummy: Tomb of the Dragon Emperor

Does anyone know when this movie is due for release?

I reckon the best ending would be if Rick O’Connell and the Mummy became good friends. It would be a nice way to finish the trilogy.

Aaron H 09-05-2004 04:12 PM

Last I heard they were trying to find time in everyone's schedules to do it.

Indy Smith 09-06-2004 11:32 AM

I don't like the idea of a "Mummy 3". I'd prefer to see the same characters in a similar type adenture situation, which did not involve the Mummy.

Pilot 09-07-2004 12:07 PM

I agree, I'd rather see O'Connell in an adventure without the mummy. I'm certain there are other ancient horrors they can deal with.

Chattar Lal 09-08-2004 03:40 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Pilot
I agree, I'd rather see O'Connell in an adventure without the mummy. I'm certain there are other ancient horrors they can deal with.

How about the Mummy without Rick O'Connell? Arnold Vosloo is hot!!!!!!

Bring back Imhotep...

Pilot 09-08-2004 10:05 AM

I don't know. I don't look at Vosloo that way. I see a guy with an arrogant smirk on his face. However, how about a movie where the Mummy takes on the Predator?

Redwall 09-13-2004 09:09 PM

Alien versus Predator versus Mummy versus Freddy versus Jason versus Ghandi!

Were they really planning a trilogy?

Aaron H 09-13-2004 11:02 PM

Yes, they were.

Ska 09-14-2004 12:30 AM

Yes they were or yes they are?

Aaron H 09-14-2004 01:54 PM

Both. From what I hear a script is finished and it is only a matter of getting all the cast and various crew back together.

Indydan13 09-14-2004 04:30 PM

Sweet. Since there have been no new Indy's Mummy has been the next best thing. I think they should do the Mummy 3 with the Mummy, only now he's after some new thing to rule the world with some Rogue nazis in 1941 (hint, hint...).

"Rick"
"Evey"
"Look out Rick"
*whick-tsh*
"Grab the whip!"

I know, a little off topic, but still, wouln't it be nice...

Katarn07 09-14-2004 04:54 PM

How can they do a third one? I mean, they ended the second one in a way that a third shouldn't be made. I await nervously. I loved the first one, I've only seen the second one in the theaters. I should really rent it since I get free rentals at work and all.

Indydan13 09-14-2004 05:05 PM

Maybe Imhotep is now a god of evil. Osiris was killed and look what happened to him. He has come back to claim earth as his own...

"The world shall soon be mine with the capture of the ____"
*whick-tsh*
"I don't think so, you betrayed Anubis, unijm djhadin dhahdfjh"
"AHHHHHH!"

Dang, I did it again...

Pilot 09-14-2004 05:36 PM

Personally, I'd rather see Rick and Evie and Jonathan fighting some other ancient evil.

Indydan13 09-14-2004 05:51 PM

How about the minotaur? (only as obstacle)

Pilot 09-15-2004 09:33 AM

Sure, finding a minotaur at the end of a maze would be a nice surprise.

Rumpled Fedora 09-15-2004 05:04 PM

Hmm, the Mummy 3? I didn't know about this.
I saw the Mummy DVD box set at Best Buy recently. Anybody have that?

Indydan13 09-15-2004 05:09 PM

nope...

Aaron H 09-15-2004 07:32 PM

I have the set...very nice, looks cool on a bookshelf.

Perhaps, Rick has to raise Immotep from the dead so that way he can help battle a new and even more evil badguy. I felt that there was some connection between he and Rick at the end of "Returns".

Indydan13 09-15-2004 09:41 PM

ya, in the novel the end was something like,

"love will conquer all" as Anuk ran away and Eve saved Rick, right before he let go and fell into the abyss

Ska 09-15-2004 11:09 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Aaron H
I have the set...very nice, looks cool on a bookshelf.

Perhaps, Rick has to raise Immotep from the dead so that way he can help battle a new and even more evil badguy. I felt that there was some connection between he and Rick at the end of "Returns".

I was thinking the exact same thing. There's no way that Immotep could be raised again to take over the world. That would be way too similar to the first two scripts. If Immotep is THE MUMMY (could it be another mummy?), there would have to be a twist as to why he gets yet another chance to walk the earth.

Maybe he's a cat and has 9 lives?! Nope, he's scared of cats. Those fiesty little felines...

Pilot 09-16-2004 10:07 AM

I would hate to see the Mummy writers and producers go to the well too often with Imhotep as the villain, ending up with a story that doesn't seem fresh. That's why I'd rather see a different villain in the next sequel.

Pale Horse 09-16-2004 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Pilot
I would hate to see the Mummy writers and producers go to the well too often with Imhotep as the villain, ending up with a story that doesn't seem fresh. That's why I'd rather see a different villain in the next sequel.

Perhaps Osiris is pissed at Rick because he sent "the one who can't be killed" back to him and he doesn't want to have to deal with Imhotep, so Osiris comes to earth with all the forces of the dead, to enact revenge.

Not the same well, but we share it's waters. I know it's a stretch, but I am just brainstorming here.

Aaron H 09-16-2004 12:14 PM

Or perhaps another god/goddess wants to come back and claim the earth for their own.

Pilot 09-16-2004 02:09 PM

Since the time period for these movies is the '20's and '30's, a story line could be found in the old pulp magazines, which printed hundreds of stories with similar supernatural/fantasy plots. Two stories come to mind: Robert E. Howard's "The Fire of Ashurbanipal" and Jack Williamson's "Golden Blood."

One key factor in a new story is Evie's knowledge of Egyptology. Should a new story take advantage of it, or does she have significant knowledge of other ancient cultures to move the location of the story to another country, such as Mesopotamia (Iran/Iraq). These are just my thoughts and preferences. I am sure there are dozens of ideas out there.