Handbook: The Complete Adventurers Guide

walker

Hi everyone
These updates are getting to be overwhelming - I feel like I need a score card. Three new titles were posted today. None have descriptions yet. The first is listed on Amazon's Canadian site, the second on their UK site, and the third (my favorite) is listed on the U.S. site. Very exciting!

And although it's a bit self-serving of me to do so, I can also tell you that the company I work for is putting out a book this April entitled Fortune & Glory: Tales of the real life Indiana Joneses

(The title was my suggestion - I'm trying to get them to change the sub though...blech.)

Best to all
walker

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Hidden Treasures of Indiana Jones (Paperback)
by Jeremy Sladdin (Author)

Price: CDN$ 20.20

Paperback: 92 pages
ISBN-10: 095487191X

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Why Did It Have To Be Snakes?: From Science to the Supernatural , The Many Mysteries of Indiana Jones (Paperback)
by Lois H. Gresh (Author), Robert Weinberg (Author)

Price: £8.99

Paperback: 224 pages
Publisher: John Wiley & Sons (30 April 2008)
ISBN-10: 0470225564

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Indiana Jones Handbook: The Complete Adventurers Guide (Hardcover)
by Denise Kiernan (Author), Joseph D'Agnese (Author)

Price: $18.95

Hardcover
Publisher: Quirk Books (May 2008)
Language: English
ISBN-10: 1594742219

otto rahn

They all sound like fun. Given the number of "Science Of" type books that are out there for popular genres/series I guess it was inevitable that Indiana Jones received the treatment. I'll keep an eye out for them.

Snakes

New books available on Amazon

I don't know if this needs a new thread, but I figured I'd give people the heads up that a few new Indy books are now available on Amazon.com.
Off the Beaten Path and the Indiana Jones Handbook are the only two I can find that are out, hopefully more will be available soon!

http://www.amazon.com/Indiana-Jones...=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1206579744&sr=8-1
http://www.amazon.com/Indiana-Jones-Handbook-Complete-Adventurers/dp/1594742219/ref=pd_bxgy_b_img_b

They even offer a discount if you buy both together.

RaiderMitch

TR.N Staff Member
I have interviews in the works with the folks at The Indiana Jones Handbook and Snakes..Why Did it Have to be Snakes, the Science of Indiana Jones... so be on the look out for them in the coming weeks...

and yes the Handbook is out at stores now... Indyfans' director Brandon Kleyla picked one up on Saturday.

TennesseeKorben

The Handbook is out at stores now!? Dang it. I have it pre-ordered on Amazon and Amazon hasn't even listed it as Preparing to Ship yet on my account. :mad:

Falcon

I went out and purchased it at Barnes & Noble, then cancelled my Amazon order. Quite an entertaining book!

Arab Swordsman

Borders doesn't have it yet here but the Barnes and Noble does. I'm going to go check it out at lunch but I have a ton of Borders coupons to use so I'll have to wait until they get it to buy.

Arab Swordsman

Indiana Jones Handbook

I picked up the new Indiana Jones Handbook at Barnes and Noble today. It's kind of like the Zombie Survival Guide in that it talks about how to adventure like Dr. Jones. There are some things in the book that seem to confirm things talked about on the threads and some new little tidbits. Everything in the book relates back to something in one of the movies so here are some things I thought were related to KOTCS.

1. In a blurb about Crystal Skulls, it says they were found in the EARLY 20th century and that so far only 5 of a possible 12 skulls have been found

2. There is a section on rocket sleds and how to avoid the enemy on barren government facilities. It says the sled can be a great way to evade capture. Sounds like Indy will use the seld in the movie.

3. It explains how to escape quicksand by whipping a tree and pulling yourself out.

4. How to break free if you are tied up. There was some stories that Indy was captured in the new movie so this might reference that.

5. A section on insects talks about 4" ants and giant mosquitos.

These two might be the biggest things...

6. There is a section that talks says if confronting an ALIEN to "do as Indy" and get the heck out of there.

7. How to Survive a Nuclear Blast - get indoors and if you are "lucky enough to be within striking distance of a REFRIGERATOR, get inside."

The book isn't too in-depth on any topic but it seems to confirm a few things discussed already.

Last edited:

Arab Swordsman

Oh, I also forgot there is a note about the Ark being held in a US Government repository, crate #9906753, possibly in a secret desert base.

Dr.Sartorius

6. There is a section that talks says if confronting an ALIEN to "do as Indy" and get the heck out of there.

7. How to Survivie a Nuclear Blast - get indoors and if you are "lucky enough to be withing striking distance of a REFRIGERATOR, get inside."

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lukevadebattleesb16.jpg

NileQT87

this will make fans of saucer men very happy. :confused: :eek: :eek:

i had a guess that the bullwhip would be handy in a quicksand situation...

though, i also have this image stuck in my head:

v-quicksand.jpg

Last edited:

Indy4fan

NileQT87 said:
this will make fans of saucer men very happy. :confused: :eek: :eek:

i had a guess that the bullwhip would be handy in a quicksand situation...

though, i also have this image stuck in my head:

v-quicksand.jpg
WElcome foolish mortals...(y)

Arab Swordsman

I've been looking at the book a bit more. It actually stresses in the section about how to survive an atomic blast that "this is the one instance where climbing inside a refrigerator is a good thing to do."

The book is pretty funny. The part on surviving a nuclear blast is right before the part on How to Survive the Wrath of God.

RedHuffy

Arab Swordsman:

I read on the Spoilers Forum that you picked up the Handbook. Does it feature any new photos from KOTCS? Or is it illustrated with line drawings similar to those featured in The Zombie Survival Guide?