ET MOD how to?

indydude

does anyone have any idea how we can make mods on emperors tomb? like make levels etc.. what i was thinking would be cool is an ET gangster MOD, you could do pretty easily just use the gestapo models and have weapons like shotgun revolver tommygun etc... you could also use the cars from the hong kong level. who knows how to make levels?

vaxer

Moderator Emeritus
I wonder why Lucasarts makes modding so hard. If you take the game "Pirates of the carribean" (great game btw) for example, it's really easy to modify the code as long as you know a little c++ (which doesn't mean that can edit new levels).

The problem with the ET code is that there seems to be nothing to open it with, whereas with POTC you can acess the code files with any c++ compilers like Rhide or Visual c++.

Yolegoman

vaxer said:
I wonder why Lucasarts makes modding so hard. If you take the game "Pirates of the carribean" (great game btw) for example, it's really easy to modify the code as long as you know a little c++ (which doesn't mean that can edit new levels).

The problem with the ET code is that there seems to be nothing to open it with, whereas with POTC you can acess the code files with any c++ compilers like Rhide or Visual c++.

On the other side, we are lucky in the fact that they didn't just pack the whole thing into a exe file or the like, and we have access to each and every character mesh, the dialouge/music files, and the like.

Still, I'm very frustrated with the lack of editing capability.

Yolegoman