The Raven

The Raven (http://raven.theraider.net/index.php)
-   Indy Fanwork and Activities (http://raven.theraider.net/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   The Adventures of Indiana Jones animated fan project (http://raven.theraider.net/showthread.php?t=23850)

EddyW 08-12-2016 07:26 AM

The Adventures of Indiana Jones animated fan project

Some of you may be familiar with this project I've been working on for a couple of years now. It's a short animated piece, giving a glimpse of what an animated Indiana Jones tv series could be like in my eyes. I'm finally finishing up the animation and post-production, so I wanted to share this teaser poster I made, anticipating a release on youtube and vimeo somewhere at the end of september. Once it's online, I'll be sure to share the final film here as well! You can find some pre-production work on my website's blog.

Z dweller 08-12-2016 10:02 AM

Looks fantastic, bring it on! :up:

Violet 08-12-2016 08:03 PM

Love this- please give us all the links! I look forward to it's release, sounds like a lot of hard work and dedication has gone into this.

IAdventurer01 08-13-2016 11:04 AM

It's probably a little late in the process to ask if you need help with anything, but I'll ask anyway. ;)

This looks absolutely amazing and I look forward to it!

Dr.Sartorius 08-13-2016 08:15 PM

Your Indy illustrations are incredible! Keep up the good work. Lucasfilm should hire you to make an official series.

Dr.Sartorius 09-08-2016 08:34 PM

Release date: Sept 29th: http://www.slashfilm.com/animated-in...k-schoenmaker/

EddyW 09-09-2016 04:04 AM

http://www.patrickschoenmaker.com/wp...es_Desk_01.jpg

http://www.patrickschoenmaker.com/blog/

Face_Palm 09-09-2016 09:22 AM

The Adventures of Infiana Jones - animated fan film to be released 09/29/2016

http://www.slashfilm.com/animated-in...k-schoenmaker/

Quote:

Indiana Jones must have been my first true movie hero ever since I watched Raiders of the Lost Ark on a VCR way back when. Yes, some other heroes came and went, but Indy always held a special place. After Crystal Skull was released, my love for the character was once again fully ignited and with no new movies on the horizon back then, I decided to set up an Indiana Jones project of my own to keep the fire burning a little bit longer. So, that was back in 2011 and ďa little bit longerĒ turned into 5 years of hard work. The end of the project is finally in sight.

Walecs 09-09-2016 11:24 AM

That's great news, thanks for sharing.

Dr.Sartorius 09-09-2016 11:32 AM

On Facebook the artist said its more of a proof of concept short - not a full animated movie.

Dr.Sartorius 09-09-2016 02:43 PM

UPDATE: its only a 1 minute 15 second non-voiced concept video, according to Patrick Schoenmaker on Facebook.

TheFedora 09-10-2016 08:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr.Sartorius
UPDATE: its only a 1 minute 15 second non-voiced concept video, according to Patrick Schoenmaker on Facebook.

I'd still watch that....probably over and over again to be honest.

neverAcquiesce 09-13-2016 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr.Sartorius

Still very much looking forward to this.

Z dweller 09-13-2016 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by neverAcquiesce
Still very much looking forward to this.

Yep, me too.

In this case it's not the mileage, honey.

EddyW 09-27-2016 04:46 AM

Thursday is going to be the release day for my Indy project, and I've been sharing some behind the scenes art that I wanted to share with you guys as well. There's more to come in the next couple of days!

Lance Quazar 09-27-2016 02:46 PM

Patrick, your work is absolutely spectacular!

Some years ago, a good friend of mine gave me an "Escaping the Tomb" print and it has hung proudly on my wall ever since. I love it, I love your style and I can't wait to see what you have in store!!

EddyW 09-28-2016 03:58 AM

Thank you Lance, I appreciate it. Here's the last batch of concept art, before I will release the animation on-line tomorrow!

Indy86 09-28-2016 06:25 AM

Wow! I can really see Indy/Ford in those drawings. Good job!

EddyW 09-29-2016 04:55 AM

Finally, here it is, The Adventures of Indiana Jones! Itís been a long journey getting this made and Iím very excited to finally share it with you all! I hope you will have fun watching it as much as I had making it and please let me know what you thought of it.

Get that whip crackiní!

https://youtu.be/iE8v5WDbbC4

indy dave 09-29-2016 09:43 AM

I was very much anticipating seeing this and was not disappointed! Very nice work and I could certainly picture watching this on a regular basis.

Lambonius 09-29-2016 10:37 AM

This is one of those times when it's literally painful to see something so god-damned good, but also knowing that it may never go beyond the short concept stage. Here's hoping this makes enough waves to catch Disney's eye. Damn. :hat:

Dr.Sartorius 09-29-2016 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EddyW
Finally, here it is, The Adventures of Indiana Jones! Itís been a long journey getting this made and Iím very excited to finally share it with you all! I hope you will have fun watching it as much as I had making it and please let me know what you thought of it.

Get that whip crackiní!

https://youtu.be/iE8v5WDbbC4

Amazing work, Patrick! Us Indy fans need to start a campaign to get Disney to fund a series. :whip:

Finn 09-29-2016 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lambonius
This is one of those times when it's literally painful to see something so god-damned good, but also knowing that it may never go beyond the short concept stage.

This, so much. You watch that, giddy as a schoolboy, knowing you want to get more, so much more... and know at the same time that you never likely do.

Z dweller 09-29-2016 01:09 PM

Never say never, guys...

Come on Disney, embrace this concept and give Patrick the job, he fully deserves it ! :up:

Henry Jones VII 09-29-2016 02:28 PM

Patrick you did an amazing work with this short film, really wonderful artwork and animation. It truly feels like an Indy adventure.

I hope we can in the near future watch an Indiana Jones tv series with you at the helm.

Congratulations,

Cheers

Lance Quazar 09-29-2016 05:21 PM

YES, PATRICK!! YES!!!

BRAVO, this is OUTSTANDING! Better than I was even hoping for!!!

Absolutely marvelous work, you're a towering talent.

Thank you so much for all the effort and love you poured into this.

I'll be watching again and again (and again!)

TheFedora 09-29-2016 06:38 PM

This is truly a labor of love, and I can tell that there is so much effort put into this from every angle. I would love to see more if it is at all possible, although I don't know how that may be made reality. Still, a true master work.

Attila the Professor 09-29-2016 08:08 PM

That is truly excellent work, Patrick, somehow managing to give every critical element of the series its due in little over a minute.

And if the love interest who appears is who I think she is, it's nice to see a certain redheaded psychic getting some exposure, too.

IAdventurer01 09-29-2016 08:14 PM

Other than being slightly confused in hearing what sounds like a musical cue from Batman when Indy lands on the tank, absolutely phenomenal!

The entire thing is great, but his stumble into the classroom at the end for some reason particularly brings a smile to my face. Wonderful work! :D

mattzilla2010 09-30-2016 03:32 AM

Absolutely fantastic! Lively, dynamic animation & wonderful art style. And the tone is spot on. A joy to watch.

EddyW 09-30-2016 07:26 AM

Cheers guys! It's been a long journey making this and I'm glad to see the fans enjoy it.

neverAcquiesce 09-30-2016 05:09 PM

Loved it!

But now I'm disappointed I won't be waking up tomorrow, fixing myself a bowl of sugar and milk, building a pillow fort, and catching the latest adventure.

Grizzlor 09-30-2016 07:19 PM

Outstanding, there are no more words! Absolutely perfect.

Violet 10-01-2016 07:18 AM

Love this so much Patrick - this is beautiful and captures the essence and the imagination of Indiana Jones. To be honest I'm really sad we don't have an animated series just like this right now!! I hope Disney pays attention to this coz it's that damn good! All my friends have been watching it too and saying the same thing!

Congratulations on your efforts!!!! :up:

TheFedora 10-01-2016 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Attila the Professor
That is truly excellent work, Patrick, somehow managing to give every critical element of the series its due in little over a minute.

And if the love interest who appears is who I think she is, it's nice to see a certain redheaded psychic getting some exposure, too.

Indeed, I hope if this project continues, Fate of Atlantis can someday be animated too. I would like that a lot.