Indiana Jones Adventures (RPG - WEG)

DIrishB

I've been trying to track down a copy of Indiana Jones Adventures (this is the West End Games RPG book, not the recently released Dark Horse digest comic) for awhile now, but can't seem to find it anywhere. I'm beginning to wonder if this book was ever actually released, or just solicited but never released. It was only released 12 years ago, and really shouldn't be this hard to find (unless it had an extremely limited print run and I didn't hear about it). All the other RPG books--TSR and West End Games versions--are readily available on the net...anyone know where I can find this one if it does exist? Its the only Indy book I don't own, and it would fill a HUGE (yet small) hole in my collection. I really just want to know if it really did ever come out.

Furthermore...anyone know about the following: "Indiana Jones and the Legend of the Long Knife" RPG...It was supposedly included in an issue of Adventures Unlimited #3, but I'm wondering if it was an original RPG tale or just a reprint of something in the existing WEG RPG books.

DIrishB

Rob Dangerous said:
West End Games' Indiana Jones Adventures does exist, I have it right here.

Well that answers that. I just wonder about how tough it is to find. I've managed to fill in the missing portions of my TSR and WEG Indy RPG collection in the past few months no problem, but can't find that one anywhere. I still remember buying the Tomb of the Templars supplemental book in the mid 90's...which led to me buying the WEG World of IJ Sourcebook and spending much of the summers of 97, 98, and 99 playing the game with friends while off from school. My friend discovered the TSR version and we played that a little...we just thought it was cool as kids because of the simple cut-outs, etc.

Anyway, if anyone knows of a good online store which specializes in out of print RPGs/books, PM me a link or post it here. I'd very much appreciate it.

I think Long Knife is an original adventure, but I have yet to check it. Here is a scan of the first page. Does not look like original West End stuff to me.

Seems to be an original from that first page, far as I can tell. As I said, the Adventures RPG is the only one I'm missing, and I know of the four tales in that (Kweichow, On Ice, etc) from online research. And its definitly not in any of the other WEG Indy RPG books, so its almost definitly an original.

You wouldn't happen to have the other pages for that Legend of Long Knife adventure, would you? I'd very much appreciate it.

I tracked down copies of Shadis #17 & #35/36 (the cover misprinted the number) with the original Indy RPG adventures "Wrath of Hecate" and "Tomb of Turasses", so if you should need copies of those, let me know and I can scan those. That applies to anyone else interested as well.

Plaristes

DIrishB said:
I tracked down copies of Shadis #17 & #35/36 (the cover misprinted the number) with the original Indy RPG adventures "Wrath of Hecate" and "Tomb of Turasses", so if you should need copies of those, let me know and I can scan those. That applies to anyone else interested as well.

Wow, I would love to get scans of those. (y) I've looked around and haven't been able to get those yet. I'm also sending you a PM about "The Legend of the Long Knife."

DIrishB

Plaristes said:
Wow, I would love to get scans of those. (y) I've looked around and haven't been able to get those yet. I'm also sending you a PM about "The Legend of the Long Knife."

You got it. I have Shadis #17 (Tomb of Turases III) so I can scan and email them now to you, just PM me your email. I'm waiting on Shadis #35/36 (Wrath of Hecate) to arrive in mail (I ordered them off BoardGameGeek.com a few weeks ago), but they should be here this week or next at latest, so I'll scan and send those soon as they arrive. I'll post links to them here, too, if anyone else is interested.

Rob Dangerous

I'll do the rest of the Long Knife scans.
No need from my side for the Shadis scans (although you beat me to issue 36, do not have that yet :)). But maybe you should just link them anyway, I'm sure somebody will be happy about it.

DIrishB

Rob Dangerous said:
I'll do the rest of the Long Knife scans.
No need from my side for the Shadis scans (although you beat me to issue 36, do not have that yet :)). But maybe you should just link them anyway, I'm sure somebody will be happy about it.

Thanks for getting the rest of those Long Knife scans up. I--and I'm sure a fair amount of the other members--surely appreciate it. I know thats getting repetitive, but its true.

And as for the Shadis issues, I'm having problems with uploading photos to my Photobucket account (which in turn I think is due to problems I'm having with my Adobe/Flashplayer). I have them scanned to my computer, so if someone else doesn't mind hosting the files I'll email them directly to them (they're Jpeg or Bitmap, whichever prefered) so they can do so. Until I figure out whats going on with my Adobe and/or Photobucket, I can't post them here. :(

Anyway, if someone wants them and can host 'em and post 'em, let me know and I'll email them.

DIrishB

So I was a bit disappointed when I came across this adventure. After initially learning about it, through the little I was able to learn I assumed it was more in line with the adventures from the WEG sourcebooks. Unfortunately, this is really nothing more than location suggestions and a pretty cool map. I had hoped for at least some accompanying adventure story text, etc to set up th adventure.

Regardless, glad I tracked down a copy, and I'll be sure and try to use it in a game. I'm trying to convince some guys at my local gaming store to forgo Heroclix, etc for one hour and just try out my old school Indy TSR's...and from there shouldn't be too hard to progress to the WEG versions.

indyclone25

i have this indiana jones rpg adventure
scan0006-1.jpg

DIrishB

Rob Dangerous said:

Thanks, Rob! I'll post scans of Wrath of Hecate as soon as it arrives.

indyclone25 said:
i have this indiana jones rpg adventure
scan0006-1.jpg

Yeah, I spent a good couple years of the late 90's tracking down all the TSR RPG stuff (after spending the few years before that collecting all the WEG Indy books I could find). I managed to complete my collection of the TSR stuff back then (the Adventure Packs #1-6 and the Judge's Survival pack). I'm very proud that I still have all my 3D character cutouts for all the sets (and they're all in great shape, especially for how often I used them for games with friends).

Still looking for that one WEG books though... :(

DIrishB

My Shadis #36 ("Indiana Jones and the Wrath of Hecate" RPG adventure) arrived today in the mail, in really great condition. I'll be scanning it and posting them tomorrow. Its a much more detailed and overall better adventure than in Shadis #17 ("Indiana Jones - Tomb of Turases III"), longer, more detailed hooks and a more fleshed out adventure. Even liked it a little more than the Adventures Unlimited #3 ("Indiana Jones - Legend of the Long Knife" RPG adventure), though they're both very well done. Also some very nice game maps. Wrath of Hecate is set concretely in 1937 for you timeline nuts (like me).

Crack that whip

Though it may never happen, for some time now I've fantasized about getting back into RPGs (I never was heavily into them, but I did play them a few times) and running campaigns set in my (and everyone else's) two favorite Lucasfilm universes, using probably the WEG rules for both Star Wars and Indiana Jones, and going the whole nine yards with tabletop miniatures and all, except that instead of traditional RPG-style minis I'd use LEGO.

I think I really just want an excuse to build LEGO SW and Indy locales, vehicles, etc. and force people to look at them... :p

DIrishB

Crack that whip said:
Though it may never happen, for some time now I've fantasized about getting back into RPGs (I never was heavily into them, but I did play them a few times) and running campaigns set in my (and everyone else's) two favorite Lucasfilm universes, using probably the WEG rules for both Star Wars and Indiana Jones, and going the whole nine yards with tabletop miniatures and all, except that instead of traditional RPG-style minis I'd use LEGO.

You've probably heard of that Star Wars miniatures game. How cool would an Indy version of that be?

I think I really just want an excuse to build LEGO SW and Indy locales, vehicles, etc. and force people to look at them... :p

I understand that completely.

What?

...Why are you all looking at us that way?

:eek: