Indiana Jones Stuff - Digital Versions

Montana Smith

Got my scanner working again, so I did those Smiths Crisps Temple of Doom game cards:

SmithsIndycards1.jpg

SmithsIndycards2.jpg

SmithsIndycards3.jpg

Montana Smith

Stoo said:
Indeed. Very obscure items with nice watercolour paintings, to boot! Thanks for the scans, Montana Smiff.:hat:

No problem, Stoo. I should have scanned them months ago, but only got around to firing up my printer today after locating the leads. (It won't print, but at least it still scans!)

I've had the cards since 1984. I thought they were a good find back then. I can't remember now, but they must have come as one card per one big multi-pack of crisps.

Back then there were some really good freebies in cereals and other other kid-oriented foods. I used to have Doctor Who card cutouts from Weetabix boxes. And somewhere I still have the back of a cereal box depicting a background from Star Wars (transfers were included to make the scene).

Ah, happy days!

Stoo

Montana Smith said:
Ah, happy days!
Don't get me started on 1970s cereal!:p I don't remember any Indy prizes from the early '80s but I do still have some "Star Wars" stickers from Cheerios in 1978. Because I grew up in Quebec, the stickers were in French and the characters' names were really hilarious:

Dark Vador
D2-R2
Z-6PO
Chiquetaba (for Chewbacca):eek:

Montana Smith

Stoo said:
Don't get me started on 1970s cereal!:p I don't remember any Indy prizes from the early '80s but I do still have some "Star Wars" stickers from Cheerios in 1978. Because I grew up in Quebec, the stickers were in French and the characters' names were really hilarious:

Dark Vador
D2-R2
Z-6PO
Chiquetaba (for Chewbacca):eek:

:D

Just gotta have a brief interlude from digital Indy, cos these French Meccano adverts are funny. They sure knew how to party in the '70s!

meccano4.jpg

meccano11.jpg

Billy Ray

LMAO! Those are priceless! I don't remember that scene in Star Wars where Chewbacca beat Darth Vader into submission with his crossbow.

Did those Smith's Crisps cards come out when TOD did? I was actually living in the UK when TOD came out (saw it at the Odeon in Leicester Square). I must have missed them, and I use to eat a buttload of Smith's Crisps.

Montana Smith

Billy Ray said:
LMAO! Those are priceless! I don't remember that scene in Star Wars where Chewbacca beat Darth Vader into submission with his crossbow.

That deleted scene when Chiquetaba had his way with Dark Vador? :D

It took me a little while to realize these were the 12" versions (hence Boba's knee joints), with the 3 3/4" figures in the background adding a distance perspective.

Billy Ray said:
Did those Smith's Crisps cards come out when TOD did? I was actually living in the UK when TOD came out (saw it at the Odeon in Leicester Square). I must have missed them, and I use to eat a buttload of Smith's Crisps.

Yes, they were out with the movie. Back in those days didn't Smiths still put their salt in little blue packets inside the bags?

Billy Ray

Yeah, they did. Not sure why that seemed so awesome, but it was. I miss all those flavors that they had too.

Stoo

Quebec Lottery Card

Montana Smith said:
That deleted scene when Chiquetaba had his way with Dark Vador?:D
I wonder what Yan Solo would've had to say.:eek:

...and now back to our regularily scheduled programme. Since Montana's brief interlude was prompted by Quebec cereal stickers, here's a virgin lottery card from 'Kébec', tabernac. (With bilingual instructions! Wow, how kind of them.:p)

Scratchcard_Quebec_Full.jpg

Full Size:

Scratchcard_Quebec_1.jpg

Scratchcard_Quebec_2.jpg

Scratchcard_Quebec_3.jpg

Scratchcard_Quebec_4.jpg

Stoo

Cinefex has always been a top-notch publication but I've never owned the one for "Temple of Doom". Great to finally see after all these years and I've often wondered how the ILM crew achieved the sunset shot of Pankot Palace using the original, daylight, matte painting...Now I know! THANK YOU, Junior Jones!(y):hat:

Canyon

Wow!!! This has to be one of the most incredible threads that I have ever seen. :D

I have absolutely tons of stuff that I need to scan in, but here's something for starters...

4458069522_859c0fb024_o.jpg

JuniorJones

TR.N Staff Member
Stoo said:
Cinefex has always been a top-notch publication but I've never owned the one for "Temple of Doom". Great to finally see after all these years and I've often wondered how the ILM crew achieved the sunset shot of Pankot Palace using the original, daylight, matte painting...Now I know! THANK YOU, Junior Jones!(y):hat:

Your welcome. Just being an active part of the community.(y)

JuniorJones said:
...an active part of the community.
My thanks as well, great threads and posts. From this thread to the Scrapbook, I'm going to have to check out your other threads too. Always a thrill to read something new/old!:hat:

EDIT: OK, maybe not Glee...

JuniorJones

TR.N Staff Member
Rocket Surgeon said:
EDIT: OK, maybe not Glee...[/SIZE]

See it as youthful exuberance!

Please accept this link as penance.

000fce.jpg

Code:
http://rapidshare.com/files/446703008/The_Cinema_of_George_Lucas__Hearns_-2005___JJ_.cbr

Enjoy this fantastic book.:D