Will there be Young Indy promo DVDs and other stuff?

When the Indy movies came out on DVD I got mine the first day. However I didn't go to Best Buy so I didn't get the extra DVD that came with the set. I'm not even sure of what's on the extra DVD.

With that in mind I was wondering if anyone knew if there would be any extra things given out with the Young Indy DVDs. Amazon has them cheap, I think around $80 or so. I can wait the extra day or so that it will take to deliver them, but if someone is giving things away I might want to pick up my set somewhere else. Anyone hear of any extras being given away?

Michael24

I just wanted to say, "Holy crap!" Best Buy offered a bonus DVD with the Trilogy box set? Crap, I had no idea or I would have bought mine there. :( I wonder what's on it?

metalinvader

Michael24 said:
I just wanted to say, "Holy crap!" Best Buy offered a bonus DVD with the Trilogy box set? Crap, I had no idea or I would have bought mine there. :( I wonder what's on it?

Yeah,The bonus disk was the vintage Raiders documentary.You can find it on ebay all the time.

Michael24 said:

I bought mine at Target because it was a buck cheaper. Now I wish I hadn't done that. Not that it's a huge deal.

Michael24

Yeah, I also grabbed mine at Target.

metalinvader said:
Yeah,The bonus disk was the vintage Raiders documentary.You can find it on ebay all the time.

AH!!! Now I feel even worse. I love that documentary and was upset that it wasn't included in the box set. I've only had a crummy LP-recorded VHS copy. It's a great documentary, and I missed it on DVD. :mad:

*charges off to eBay, despite having virtually no spending money right now*

VP

Moderator Emeritus
Actually IIRC it's a 10 minute cut of the full documentary, nothing special.

Mike00spy

metalinvader said:
It also didn't come in a case.Would look kinda silly with the rest of the dvd set(n)

Switch your one disc "Bonus Materials" case to a two disc one. Then they all fit in the box perfectly.

IndySeven

Edward The Head said:
When the Indy movies came out on DVD I got mine the first day. However I didn't go to Best Buy so I didn't get the extra DVD that came with the set. I'm not even sure of what's on the extra DVD.

With that in mind I was wondering if anyone knew if there would be any extra things given out with the Young Indy DVDs. Amazon has them cheap, I think around $80 or so. I can wait the extra day or so that it will take to deliver them, but if someone is giving things away I might want to pick up my set somewhere else. Anyone hear of any extras being given away?

The extra DVD for the Indy Trilogy was a Bonus Material DVD. It has the original trailers for all three Indy films and lots of documentaries.:)

VP

Moderator Emeritus
No, the extra DVD was a 10 minute long cut of the original full length documentary Great Movie Stunts and the Making of Raiders of the Lost Ark. The Bonus Material one isn't an extra DVD, it's a vital part of the set.

Stoo

ABC Channel Promos on DVD?

3 weeks ago, I uploaded the Young Indy Season 2 preview to YouTube. Someone is claiming that it (and other ABC promos) were included on the UK release...and I find this extremely difficult to believe.

Here is the YouTube conversation, thus far:

ZarFilms1997: I remember seeing this footage appear on the Young Indy DVD'S
StooTV: This preview is not on the DVDs.
ZarFilms1997: Nah I got one of DVD's From Europe and has it some original Media. it's strange that I see it now.
StooTV: I've never heard of any official European release like that. What country? Which DVD is it and what is the other media?
ZarFilms1997: It's been a while since I last replied. Yeah I got the war years on christmas. My Cousin gave it o me from the united Kingdom. has all nine discs. My cousin also gave me this "extra disc" he found that came with the package. it has the ABC Ads for it from 1992-93.
StooTV: From what you write, this "extra disc" sounds very dubious. Does it have a printed label and an introductory menu just like the other DVDs in the set?

---
I smell bullsh*t. If there was any extra material included, it probably would have been mentioned here at The Raven. Yes? No? Can anyone out there confirm the existence (or non-existence) of this supposed "extra disc"?

This person was probably given a home-made DVD of extra stuff and thinks it's a legitimate part of the set.

Violet

Moderator Emeritus
I'd suggest that this guy got a pirate copy of at least the extra DVD.

Often in Australia, we get the same as the UK releases, and we certainly didn't get any extra DVD with promos on it. It could even be that the cousin got a copy of such a DVD and stuck it with a legit copy of Vol 2. Otherwise I suggest that the whole set he got was bogus.

Henry W Jones

Stoo said:
3 weeks ago, I uploaded the Young Indy Season 2 preview to YouTube. Someone is claiming that it (and other ABC promos) were included on the UK release...and I find this extremely difficult to believe.

Here is the YouTube conversation, thus far:

ZarFilms1997: I remember seeing this footage appear on the Young Indy DVD'S
StooTV: This preview is not on the DVDs.
ZarFilms1997: Nah I got one of DVD's From Europe and has it some original Media. it's strange that I see it now.
StooTV: I've never heard of any official European release like that. What country? Which DVD is it and what is the other media?
ZarFilms1997: It's been a while since I last replied. Yeah I got the war years on christmas. My Cousin gave it o me from the united Kingdom. has all nine discs. My cousin also gave me this "extra disc" he found that came with the package. it has the ABC Ads for it from 1992-93.
StooTV: From what you write, this "extra disc" sounds very dubious. Does it have a printed label and an introductory menu just like the other DVDs in the set?

---
I smell bullsh*t. If there was any extra material included, it probably would have been mentioned here at The Raven. Yes? No? Can anyone out there confirm the existence (or non-existence) of this supposed "extra disc"?

This person was probably given a home-made DVD of extra stuff and thinks it's a legitimate part of the set.

Someone is claiming that (a extra scene with an egg) was included on the UK release...and I find this extremely difficult to believe. That you wouldn't give someone the benefit of doubt is kind of ironic. :whip:

This from a guy who has seen a mysterious extra scene in TOD.
BTW....Not trying to start with that again. I believe you Stoo!!!! :hat:

Maybe it's possible someone else has or seen something you haven't seen?

Last edited:

Stoo

Violet said:
I'd suggest that this guy got a pirate copy of at least the extra DVD.

Often in Australia, we get the same as the UK releases, and we certainly didn't get any extra DVD with promos on it. It could even be that the cousin got a copy of such a DVD and stuck it with a legit copy of Vol 2. Otherwise I suggest that the whole set he got was bogus.
Indeed, Violet, and thanks for chiming in. Everything points to a fan-made DVD which this guy thinks is a legitimate part of the set.

Other things to consider:
1) Nothing on the "Adventures of" VHS & DVD releases ever refers to the "Chronicles" name or logo (which the TV promos do), as if the previous incarnation of the series never existed.

2) The American promos are probably the property of ABC (especially the Season 2 promo that this guy commented on). Acquiring the rights to release them would have required some legal 'entanglements'.

3) Why would a release in Great Britain feature TV promos from the United States?:confused:
Henry W Jones said:
Someone is claiming that (a extra scene with an egg) was included on the UK release...and I find this extremely difficult to believe. That you wouldn't give someone the benefit of doubt is kind of ironic. :whip:

This from a guy who has seen a mysterious extra scene in TOD.
BTW....Not trying to start with that again. I believe you Stoo!!!! :hat:

Maybe it's possible someone else has or seen something you haven't seen?
Not ironic at all, Henry W! I'm asking questions in order to solve the mystery. His claims weren't being outrightly dismissed straight off the bat. Don't 'jump the gun'.:gun:

I'm not doubting that this guy HAS a disc of extra material. What I DON'T believe is that it's an official release which is completely different from the egg situation. *If* an official disc of ABC promos was included with the UK boxed sets, it would have been mentioned by one of the UK Young Indy fans here at The Raven (ex. Jeremiah Jones) or elsewhere.

Plus, don't forget that there are OTHER PEOPLE who remember seeing the egg!;):whip: