The Raven

The Raven (http://raven.theraider.net/index.php)
-   Open Discussion (http://raven.theraider.net/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   NFL Playoffs (http://raven.theraider.net/showthread.php?t=17654)

roundshort 01-05-2009 07:44 PM

NFL Playoffs
 
well, well, well, here we are, that time again!

We had a lot of trash talkers here at the start of the NFL season. What do we have now?

I remember some cocky Cowboy fans, Greenbay fans, Bronco fans (well Pale was never cocky to be fair) etc.


Who is still here?

Well, this Steeler fan is!

Lets go Steelers!

Anyone?

Joe Brody 01-05-2009 10:02 PM

. . .the Broncos were robbed. . . . .

Well, maybe not.

Ska 01-06-2009 08:26 AM

My Sti'llers could beat your Sti'llers.

This year it's one for the other hand!

Actually I think the Steelers need to play a LOT better than they have been if they want to make it to the Super Bowl. Maybe not necessarily against the Chargers this week, but the Ravens/Titans will put up a fight.

Arab Swordsman 01-06-2009 09:05 AM

I'm a die-hard Eagles fan and it was fantastic what we did to Dallas two weeks ago. I'm optimistic about our chances but not unrealistic and I wouldn't be heartbroken if they lost (like they did in the Super Bowl.) My expectations weren't that high after the game they tied so even getting into the playoffs was a gift. Plus everyone around Philly is still buzzing over the World Series so if the Eagles lose it won't be as bad as years past.

I would love to see a Stillers/Iggles Super Bowl. That's what my heart says. My head says Carolina/Steelers.

Pale Horse 01-06-2009 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joe Brody
. . .the Broncos were robbed. . . . .

Well, maybe not.



24-24 Record for Shannahan. Good time for him to go. I'll blame this season on injuries, not our colander defense.

Poor Miami. Thanatosis had a great season, but turnovers cost them in the end. At least they keep the Tuna seasoned fins.

As much as Pitt has a chance this year, I'm rooting for Fisher in the AFC this time.

HovitosKing 01-06-2009 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arab Swordsman
I'm a die-hard Eagles fan and it was fantastic what we did to Dallas two weeks ago. I'm optimistic about our chances but not unrealistic and I wouldn't be heartbroken if they lost (like they did in the Super Bowl.) My expectations weren't that high after the game they tied so even getting into the playoffs was a gift. Plus everyone around Philly is still buzzing over the World Series so if the Eagles lose it won't be as bad as years past.

I would love to see a Stillers/Iggles Super Bowl. That's what my heart says. My head says Carolina/Steelers.


You sound absolutely convinced of an Eagles victory in the Super Bowl. Pathetic. At least when the Cowboys do show up, we intend to play. No up-front expectations lowering from this side.

roundshort 01-06-2009 08:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HovitosKing
You sound absolutely convinced of an Eagles victory in the Super Bowl. Pathetic. At least when the Cowboys do show up, we intend to play. No up-front expectations lowering from this side.



I was guaranteed that the crygirls would be in the playoffs . . .opps I guess coach forgot who their qb is . .

Steelers will have to play a hell of a lot better than they have been, but I think they will, and we should see them going for lefty!

Arab Swordsman 01-07-2009 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HovitosKing
You sound absolutely convinced of an Eagles victory in the Super Bowl. Pathetic. At least when the Cowboys do show up, we intend to play. No up-front expectations lowering from this side.


A typical Dallas fan who can't read. Did you not see where I said I think Carolina will make it to the SB?

Considering Dallas hasn't won a playoff game since 1996 I'm wondering when they did show up? You don't have to lower your expectations when they are already at the bottom.

Good luck next year too with your cancerous WR, choking QB, and bumbling coach.

Joe Brody 01-07-2009 09:51 PM

It may be year of the Titans but to me that franchise is a perpetual runner-up franchise going back to the Oiler days.

HovitosKing 01-09-2009 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arab Swordsman
A typical Dallas fan who can't read. Did you not see where I said I think Carolina will make it to the SB?

Considering Dallas hasn't won a playoff game since 1996 I'm wondering when they did show up? You don't have to lower your expectations when they are already at the bottom.

Good luck next year too with your cancerous WR, choking QB, and bumbling coach.


lol that's more like it

Joe Brody 01-10-2009 08:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joe Brody
It may be year of the Titans but to me that franchise is a perpetual runner-up franchise going back to the Oiler days.


Like I said, the Titans are a perpetual second best team.

roundshort 01-12-2009 09:50 AM

Hmmm seems Pittsburgh is still alive!


Lets go Steelers!

The Magic Rat 01-12-2009 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by roundshort
Hmmm seems Pittsburgh is still alive!


Lets go Steelers!


I wanted the Giants, damn it!

Pale Horse 01-12-2009 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by roundshort
Hmmm seems Pittsburgh is still alive!

Lets go Steelers!



For lots of reasons, now, I want to see Pitt/Az in the big game.

Paden 01-12-2009 06:36 PM

With the way the Cardinals and the Eagles are surging, I think the upcoming NFC title game may prove to be quite a contest. As for the AFC, I really anticipate that the Steelers are going to be headed to Tampa Bay.

Nurhachi1991 01-12-2009 10:20 PM

Steelers shoved the bar sooooo far up San Diego's rear there never getting it out! Steel Town FTW!

The Magic Rat 01-12-2009 11:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nurhachi1991
Steelers shoved the bar sooooo far up San Diego's rear there never getting it out! Steel Town FTW!


Let's see about next week, good sir

roundshort 01-13-2009 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Magic Rat
Let's see about next week, good sir

Pretty sure San Diego will not be playing next week

Pale Horse 01-13-2009 11:08 AM

Playing LAST week...
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by roundshort
Pretty sure San Diego will not be playing next week



They shouldn't have been playing the last two weeks either, but we took care of that by firing our coach.

Can you pummel Baltimore, please?

The Magic Rat 01-13-2009 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by roundshort
Pretty sure San Diego will not be playing next week




Preeeetttty sure I was talking about the Steelers.....

Joe Brody 01-13-2009 10:29 PM

From a TV ratings POV, would Pittsburgh/Phoenix be the best game?

Paden 01-14-2009 08:38 AM

I think so. It's the only situation in the current picture where you'll have an east vs. west match up. If Philadelphia snags the NFC championship, it's pretty much an east coast contest.

Texas 01-14-2009 02:44 PM

Go Cards! Beat the Eagles!

Arab Swordsman 01-14-2009 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Texas
Go Cards! Beat the Eagles!


We know the Cowboys can't...GO BIRDS!

roundshort 01-21-2009 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Magic Rat
Let's see about next week, good sir

We saw, the Steelers won, and now going to the SuberBowl.

A team with the hardest sch. in NFL history. Dropped a few (4) won two great Playoff games, hmmm! I like their chances!


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:12 AM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.