Future Indiana Jones Lego

What future Lego Indy sets would you prefer?

• Raven bar

Votes: 8 36.4%
  • Ark tabernacle

Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Life raft

Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Bug tunnel, spike room

Votes: 7 31.8%
  • Rock crusher, maharajah with krtya

Votes: 5 22.7%
  • Circus train caboose, water tank spout

Votes: 8 36.4%
  • Venice catacombs

Votes: 6 27.3%
  • Brunwald Castle fireplace

Votes: 4 18.2%
  • Tank chase

Votes: 12 54.5%
  • Grail Temple trials and knight's chamber

Votes: 10 45.5%
  • Rocket sled, crate, sedan

Votes: 1 4.5%
  • Fridge and nuclear bomb

Votes: 6 27.3%

• Total voters

lao che & sons

Well the summer 2009 sets have been reviewed and seen for a while now but I was just kind of wondering what everyone was expecting for 2010.
This is my prediction based on 2009 prices/ how well the line sells. If the line sells well I'm thinking theres gonna be at least ten sets and a new sub theme.

Winter Release:
$10- Getaway Car, The car from Last Crusade Indy and his dad steel to escape the fighter plane, add on to fighter plane attack.

$20- Elephant Chase, from SOK which would be the new sub-theme

$30- Brawl In Nepal, Marions bar includes toht, Indy, marion, and 2 sherpas

$60/70- Warehouse escape, Bigest set in the release includes Indy, Mac, Spalko, Dovchenko (army), 4 soldiers (army), 1 truck, 1 jeep, Huge crates, sliding door, and all other story elements

Summer Release:

$10- Ark Opening, with 2 faced toht, 2 faced belloq, 2 faced Dietrich, marion and Indy.

$20- Venice catacombs, with elsa, Indy, skeleton and Kazim

$40- Airplane escape, from temple of doom includes 2 pilots, short round, Indy, and Willie

$50- tank chase, with Indy, vogel, 2 soldiers,Marcus, dad, sallah, and driver. Plus horses.

$100- Pankot Secrets, Huge pankot palace with dinner hall, 2 rooms with hallway, small secret entrance (spike room not included), and outside entrance. Includes Indy in Suit, Chatter lal, willie, shorty, 1 guard, assasin, Capt. Blumbert, and 3 guests. also include snakes and bugs and monkey heads.

so what do you think should be released. Write your ideas here!

Trennas

Ahw man, there are SO many things I would like to see, which are all a bit unlikely to come out. It would be great to have sets based on Fate of Atlantis for example, but I'm not seeing that happening anytime soon (or ever:p) On to more likely sets:

$100-$150 - Temple of the Holy Grail - Monstrously large set! Temple exterior, entry hall with stone lions, grand seal and stairs; it should be possible to shift the floor to create a chasm. The three traps: giant saw blades, alphabet tiles with the deepest pit ever underneath, invisible bridge, and of course the Grail room. Comes with Indy, Henry Sr. Sallah, Marcus, Donovan, a rapidly aged Donovan, Elsa, Grail Knight, a few soldiers, horses and a whole ****load of grails :p

$40 - Bug Tunnel and Death Trap - From Temple of Doom of course! First a tunnel full with mummies coming out of the closet, lots of slithering bugs and a trap room with secret switches, secret doors, a crushing ceiling, spikes and skulls. Comes with Indy, Shorty and Willie (hysterical screaming not included)

$50 - I want a Zeppelin, dammit! Even if it's just a miniature one! :p

Last edited:

Crack that whip

"Legos"?! :eek:

I'd like some expansion into sets outside the movies. Most of all, I'd like sets from the TV series, though sets from the novels, comics, games, etc. would be welcome as well. I don't seriously expect to see Young Indy sets offered at retail, but perhaps they could be done as some sort of promotional item or an exclusive for Lucasfilm's online store or something like that.

bennihana123

Tank Chase from LC

Temple of Doom- secret entrance, skeletons, and booby traps

Bar Fight from RotLA

Motorcycle Chase from KotCS

lao che & sons

the only problem with promotional legos is that lego always will put them on their site promo or not. And most kids haven't seen the series and wouldn't buy them. but with the new SOK game that just came out I think lego ma produce 1-2 sets based on the game.

Oh and another set I would love to see as an exclusive is the club obi wan from temple of doom. It could include a huge gong that falls and breaks through a window (like the lost tomb set) a stage with dragon, 4-6 tables and band. Includes Indy (tux), Willie, Lao Che, Kao Kan, Chen, Wu han, 2 gang members, 2 dancers, 4 club goers. costs about $100-$200. also includes urn of nurhaci like the golden idol, a diamond, antidote vial, poison, and a lazy susan to reinact the entire scene.

Last edited:

fixer79

lao che & sons said:
the only problem with promotional legos is that lego always will put them on their site promo or not. And most kids haven't seen the series and wouldn't buy them. but with the new SOK game that just came out I think lego ma produce 1-2 sets based on the game.

They could have. Sadly, I guess it's too late now for any SoK sets to be planned. It would take close to a year to reach the shelves, by which time the videogame will be forgotten by the majority of the public.
They should've been in the summer 2009 line to be released along with the game. Missed opportunity. :(

LEGO did it right for favourite son Star Wars though.
Along with the release of 'The Force Unleashed' video game, LEGO released a set based on a vehicle from the game, the Rogue Shadow.

imageload-3.jpeg

Again, Indy bites the dust in Vader's shadow.

lao che & sons

fixer79 said:
Along with the release of 'The Force Unleashed' video game, LEGO released a set based on a vehicle from the game, the Rogue Shadow.

Again, Indy bites the dust in Vader's shadow.

actually the rogue shadow was released almost 1 year after the game came out. which is what would happen if they made SOK sets. But The Force Unleashed was probably taken better than SOK :eek: :eek:

Trennas

lao che & sons said:
actually the rogue shadow was released almost 1 year after the game came out. which is what would happen if they made SOK sets. But The Force Unleashed was probably taken better than SOK :eek: :eek:

Ehr, actually, I already saw the Rogue Shadow in toy stores a few weeks prior to the release of the game. So maybe they just appeared very late where you live..

lao che & sons

Trennas said:
Ehr, actually, I already saw the Rogue Shadow in toy stores a few weeks prior to the release of the game. So maybe they just appeared very late where you live..

I guess your right, I never really collected SW so I may be mistaking;) . And I never really paid much attention to legos when it was released;)

EDIT: The set was released in jan. 2008,
and the game was released in sept. 2008, (i thought it was in 2007. my bad)

Last edited:

Trennas

Pfew, you had me doubt my own sanity for a second there :p

Thought up some fun ones for Fate of Atlantis, although I had to dig deeeeeep in my memory for these:

$40 - Knossos Labyrinth and Map Room - Small maze of passages and rocks, Minotaur Statue, maybe the shelf with the three heads and the elevator? Should feature Indy and Sophia.

$60 - Generic Villain (Can't say Nazi, now can we?) U-Boat - Submarine with all the stuff that was featured in FOA, from the torpedo bay to the cold cuts down to the missing navigation equipment. Possible cutaway so you can look inside? Should include Klaus Kerner, Dr. Ubermann, Indy, Sophia, 2 misc. crew members and maybe a crab? (Could also work for ROTLA - just swap a few minifigs!)

Crack that whip

fixer79 said:
They could have. Sadly, I guess it's too late now for any SoK sets to be planned. It would take close to a year to reach the shelves, by which time the videogame will be forgotten by the majority of the public.
They should've been in the summer 2009 line to be released along with the game. Missed opportunity. :(

imageload-3.jpeg

Not only that, but they've released a couple other vehicles from the Star Wars Expanded Universe:

10131-11171519630.jpg

(note the TIE/D in the upper right)

7664-11192670959.jpg

Of course, Star Wars is more popular than Indy (and immensely more so when it comes to licensing / merchandise), but if they can do multiple vehicles like this that appear only in comics and games and so on, not to mention a huge number of sets based on the Clone Wars TV series, I'd like to think that someday they might do at least one or two sets based on the Young Indy TV series - perhaps as promos or vendor exclusives, if nothing else. I'm not exactly holding my breath, but never say never...

__________________________________​

As for set candidates for next year that I think are both likely and desirable, I have a few ideas:

- Lao Che Air Freight's Ford Trimotor. Airplanes in general are a longstanding favorite, oft-recurring subject of many a LEGO set, and the Indiana Jones mythos is fairly teeming with planes, of course, which LEGO's been busy recreating since the license began - less than two years into the theme, they've got five planes already (Jock's plane, the Flying Wing, the biplane from the zeppelin, a Messerschmitt fighter, and a Panagra Airways DC-3). The Trimotor from Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom is a beautiful plane, one of the most prominent planes in any of the movies, of a design that should easily lend itself to recreating in LEGO, and featured in a memorable sequence with a fair amount of action that should provide for a nice number of action features and play value in a set. It's a natural. I think this could be done in the same size / price range as Fight on the Flying Wing and Peril in Peru, with minifigs of Indy, Willie, Shorty and the two pilots. The main question would be whether it has Indy and Willie wearing the clothes in which they board the plane, or the ones in which they jump out of it. I'd vote for the latter, since that would give us a third major outfit for Willie (Indy's nightclub attire), but that could also be addressed with the following...

- the elephant trek. LEGO already has elephant figure elements; they could simply produce them again in an easily-done set. This would have Indy, Willie, Shorty, probably Sajnu, the three elephants, and perhaps some additional elements with which to build a camp scene, foliage, perhaps the grotesque statue, etc.

- the circus train. How large and expensive is LEGO willing to go with sets from a license that's not Star Wars? It's uncertain, but doing a train - any train - would be one great way to hedge their bets, since it would have crossover appeal to LEGO Trains fans. The main challenge here might be coming up with LEGO versions of the train's cars with enough room inside for reasonable restagings of the action on the train's interiors, but I think it could be done, and anyway just recreating the exterior would be delightful enough. As long as it accurately recreates the signage on the exterior of the reptile car and so forth, I'll be happy.

lao che & sons

Love the ideas. On the freaight plane I would have to say willie would be in the white suit and black pants because it would be new and thats what you see her wear for most of that scene. I've also noticed that there has been a plane in every wave of sets so-far so I think this will have to be released in Jan. Unless they do a SOK set with the Bi-PLane escape from the Sudan.:gun: :gun:

and on the trek it shoud also include 2 flat tiles with cards printed on them so INdy and Shorty can play cards.

lao che & sons

Crack that whip said:

I'm surprised I didn't even know that piece existed!!!:eek: :eek: and yes, that is exactly like what I was thinking of!!:gun:

Another Interesting Air plane they could do is the floating plane from ROTLA. The one Indy flys to Nepal.

Vance

Hmm... arguing realism here...

(Raiders) Map Room
A small set, but one that gives Sallah and Indy as well as some cute pieces for the Staff of Ra. On top of that, it's an iconic scene in the movie.

(Raiders) German Soldier Set
A 'troop builder' for Indiana Jones, consisting of a handful of German soldiers with an officer and perhaps a small vehicle, like a one-map 'Jeep' similar to the Jungle Tracker.

(Raiders) Bantu Wind
Seriously unlikely, but it could easily be a redeco of the existing 'cargo boat' set from Lego City. Marion, Indy, Katanga, crewman.

(Temple of Doom) Rope Bridge
It's really unlikely that we'll see a lot more of Temple of Doom sets, considering. But the Rope Bridge would be a safe bet since you can pack nearly all the minifigs you need in it, and reuse some earlier 'jungle themed' parts. Mola Ram would be the highlight, naturally.

(Temple of Doom) Lao Che's Transport
Pretty much the only one that would warrant a big set now that the Temple of Doom mine-cart chase is coming out. This could easily be a rebuild of the existing passenger planes.

(Temple of Doom) British Riflemen
Similar to the other troop builders, but this time with British troops and an elephant. Throw in Captain Blumbard too.

(Temple of Doom) Elephant Ride
Three elephants, some bats, our heroes, but really a recycled set from the Adventures line.

(Last Crusade) Desert Tank
This is so highly demanded that it's impossible to imagine that it's not going to come out eventually. It'll probably be the 'big' piece of any future line.

(Last Crusade) Saint's Tomb
A small set, consisting of Indy, Elsa, and a small 'room' for the tomb and a bunch of rats.

(Last Crusade) Zeppelin
To be remotely feasible, you would build the room, the frame, and then drape a plastic 'cloth' around the body. Really not sure how well this work work out, honestly.

(Crystal Skull) Russian Troop Set
Like the German one above, only in gray.

(Crystal Skull) Motorcycle Chase II
Mutt on a black bike with Professor Indy, with a 1950's era roadster chasing them with Soviet 'suited thugs' inside.

(Fate of Atlantis) Knossos Shrine
Small room (some action feature) featuring Indy with Sophia, along with some 'German Soldiers'. Include some gold 'orichalum' mini-bricks.

Jack Panix

I'm down for any new vehicles. I love the cars and planes from this era and those type of sets fit into LEGO's preoccupation with transportation sets.

How about UCS sets? Would you pay $250-500 for a UCS Ark of the Covenant made out of gold bricks?

Or a $150 UCS Flying Wing?

I also would like to see elephants again. I bought a few sets last year with elephants after they announced the ToD Shanghai Chase.

We also need camels, as payment for Sallah's brother's car.

lao che & sons

I really don't want UCS models because it would really break the bank. Maybe if the theme lasts until 2011 we'll get UCS then. Like a really detailed tank, flying wing, and other vehicles. I would also love to get a doom town and a diner fight.

fixer79

Jack Panix said:
I also would like to see elephants again. I bought a few sets last year with elephants after they announced the ToD Shanghai Chase.

You probably mean the Johnny Thunder Adventurers set. That was a great set indeed!

I wonder how LEGO would handle the TOD elephant trek...
To be true to the movie, they'd have to put in three elephants. I kinda doubt they'll do that. All past 'big animal' LEGO sets have always featured just one animal, like the one Dewback in the Mos Eisley set and the one Tauntaun in the new Hoth set.

I'd really be surprised if they'll actually give us three elephants in one set.
I hope they do though. That'd be just great! :)

Trennas

Or we could just start putting things together ourselves! Although the elephants (and the zeppelin for that matter) are incredibly hard to come by unless you're willing to pay a small fortune..

Speaking of putting things together: This thread kinda inspired me to build this baby:

ijetart36.png

So far (Only started like an hour ago) I got Von Beck and the Drill Head done! I'll update with pics if I have some more :)