The Raven

The Raven (http://raven.theraider.net/index.php)
-   Films (http://raven.theraider.net/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Rogue One: A Star Wars Story (http://raven.theraider.net/showthread.php?t=23165)

Moedred 12-07-2013 07:46 PM

Rogue One: A Star Wars Story
 
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_Wars_sequel_trilogy

2016? Any guesses? Many expect a young Han Solo, Lando and Chewbacca (recruited by Yoda if the fan theory holds up). If so, why not bookends with Harrison Ford, or an epilogue that concludes the story, a search for Billie Dee Williams and some MacGuffin he possesses. Since we're speculating about the scope of Ford's deal with Disney.

There's also the faintest suspicion in my mind this project is Indy 5 in disguise...

kongisking 12-07-2013 09:17 PM

I want a film about Vader in between Episodes III-IV, hunting down Jedi and transitioning fully into the badass evil figure he was in the old films. That's a film I'd pay triple to see.

Montana Smith 12-07-2013 11:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Moedred
There's also the faintest suspicion in my mind this project is Indy 5 in disguise...


Though there was talk about doing several stand-alone Star Wars films to be released between the new trilogy episodes.

A Boba Fett centred story was touted.

AndyLGR 12-09-2013 01:22 PM

I thought a boba fett film and a young han solo film were being talked about. I wonder what the chances of the same actor playing Han playing Indy in a reboot?

Montana Smith 01-01-2014 02:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Moedred
Many expect a young Han Solo, Lando and Chewbacca...


Baby Chewbacca?

Dr. Gonzo 01-03-2014 01:16 PM

Confirmed, Lawrence Kasdan has written the Boba Fett standalone film.

http://www.slashfilm.com/star-wars-b...e/#more-209487

Pale Horse 01-03-2014 01:34 PM

Wow. Big Stretch there Disney/Lucasfilm. I mean we almost know the whole back story as it is, with Attack of the Clones. Jango and Boba ...

... what's left? Boba's all sad now that Daddy's dead. So he takes to a life of a scamp mercilessly killing for money and meeting the Huts on Tatooine?

Pardon my french, but that's Disney tiredly following the money, not story. If this is any indication of how the mouse will handle other franchises, and stories...

I'm out.

(I'd rather see the Darth Maul backstory, instead of Boba)
Quote:

It’s kill or be killed in the space penitentiary that houses the galaxy’s worst criminals, where convicts face off in gladiatorial combat while an underworld gambling empire reaps the profits of the illicit blood sport. But the newest contender in this savage arena, as demonic to behold as he is deadly to challenge, is fighting for more than just survival. His do-or-die mission, for the dark masters he serves, is to capture the ultimate weapon: an object that will enable the Sith to conquer the galaxy.


Lance Quazar 01-03-2014 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Gonzo
Confirmed, Lawrence Kasdan has written the Boba Fett standalone film.

http://www.slashfilm.com/star-wars-b...e/#more-209487


I would hardly this one "confirmed." It's a rumor started by an animation guy who has no real connection to Star Wars.

Sure, it's entirely possible that it's true and that he really DOES have a super secret source.

But, so far, without it coming from a true source and without any corroboration, we have to keep this in the "unsubstantiated" column for now.

Dr. Gonzo 01-03-2014 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lance Quazar
I would hardly this one "confirmed." It's a rumor started by an animation guy who has no real connection to Star Wars.

Sure, it's entirely possible that it's true and that he really DOES have a super secret source.

But, so far, without it coming from a true source and without any corroboration, we have to keep this in the "unsubstantiated" column for now.


I hear some things too from time to time... and this links up with some of the rumblings I've been hearing down the pipeline. I usually wait for anyone else within reason to publicly make a statement before I fully believe it myself. This is very close to the chatter I heard. So I'll go with it. (Unless we were all duped by some JJ ABRAMS style misinformation. :dead: )

please don't quote me... still just conjecture
There is a second part of this "rumor" that I'm waiting to see pan out. It could potentially be interesting if handled correctly.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pale Horse
Wow. Big Stretch there Disney/Lucasfilm. I mean we almost know the whole back story as it is, with Attack of the Clones. Jango and Boba ...

... what's left? Boba's all sad now that Daddy's dead. So he takes to a life of a scamp mercilessly killing for money and meeting the Huts on Tatooine


I try and stay as credible as I can here... nobody likes to make themselves seem foolish... but for once I'll just lay it on the line or go out on a dangerous limb (if it turns out untrue I'll hang my head in shame. but some of my friends are pretty close to batting a thousand with their info. I hope they don't make me eat my words)

At first we were hearing it was two spinoff films, one for Han Solo and one for Boba Fett. Lately the talk I'm hearing is much more indicative of: Kasdan wrote a Han Solo/Boba Fett film... as in one film about their conflict.

Like I said if this turns out to be the case then the handling of the film will be the tipping point... all depends on how its executed


please don't quote me... still conjecture

Lance Quazar 01-03-2014 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Gonzo
I hear some things too from time to time... and this links up with some of the rumblings I've been hearing down the pipeline. I usually wait for anyone else within reason to publicly make a statement before I fully believe it myself. This is very close to the chatter I heard. So I'll go with it. (Unless we were all duped by some JJ ABRAMS style misinformation. :dead: )

please don't quote me... still just conjecture
There is a second part of this "rumor" that I'm waiting to see pan out. It could potentially be interesting if handled correctly.



It's an extremely plausible rumor that lines up perfectly with what everyone basically assumed would happen and what one of the most obvious paths would be.

And I'm sure at this point along in the development, there have been plenty of opportunities for leaks to travel up and down the grapevine.

I just chafe against the word, "confirmed" when all we have heard is a rumor from one guy who is in no way involved in the production citing yet another conveniently "anonymous source".

I save that word for things that are actually, you know, confirmed. As in officially announced and verified.

Not trying to tear anyone down, but despite its plausibility and, in fact, its probability, I still consider it a rumor.

Lance Quazar 01-03-2014 03:02 PM

I do wonder - assuming all this is true - whether they would use Temura Morrison again or not.

Surely they could make him look young enough with makeup and CGI enhancements if necessary.

I dug his Jango performance, he was almost as good as Jamie Foxx.

Pale Horse 01-03-2014 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Gonzo
At first we were hearing it was two spinoff films, one for Han Solo and one for Boba Fett. Lately the talk I'm hearing is much more indicative of: Kasdan wrote a Han Solo/Boba Fett film... as in one film about their conflict.

Like I said if this turns out to be the case then the handling of the film will be the tipping point... all depends on how its executed


please don't quote me... still conjecture

Last edited by Dr. Gonzo : Today at 11:42 AM. Reason: covering my ass... is Dr. Gonzo enough anonymity?


To answer the last question, no. (I anagramed I AM DR GONZO and got: Razing Doom) But if the spoiler turns truer than falser, that's mildly promising. Besides, as you and I know, you can have a perfect film perfectly written documented and ready, and then along comes an editor and a reshoot and all of your well sourced stuff becomes the stuff of Myth and Legend


Quote:

Originally Posted by Lance Quazar
I dug his Jango performance, he was almost as good as Jamie Foxx.


chuckle, I see what you did there. "I like the way you die boy"....

Lance Quazar 01-03-2014 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pale Horse




chuckle, I see what you did there. "I like the way you die boy"....


There should totally be a crossover!

"The D is silent."

"What 'D'?"

AndyLGR 01-03-2014 04:02 PM

Gonzo if that spoiler turns out to be true I think it sounds promising. I wonder if they'll throw in Han getting the falcon off Landon too.

Pale Horse 01-03-2014 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lance Quazar
There should totally be a crossover!

"The D is silent."

"What 'D'?"


Quentin Tarantino's wet dream. A Western Revenge Space Opera, using aliens with Big Feet.

Dr. Gonzo 01-03-2014 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pale Horse
Quentin Tarantino's wet dream. A Western Revenge Space Opera, using aliens with Big Feet.


bwahahaha!


Dr. Gonzo 01-23-2014 04:01 PM

More tid bits today on the Star Wars front...

One of which is very interesting on the Boba Fett stand-alone front.

http://www.slashfilm.com/star-wars-b...s/#more-212316

Montana Smith 01-23-2014 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Gonzo
More tid bits today on the Star Wars front...

One of which is very interesting on the Boba Fett stand-alone front.

http://www.slashfilm.com/star-wars-b...s/#more-212316


Quote:

The Boba Fett spinoff may change a few things from Episode II

Thereby consigning the PT to Lucasian fan-fiction? :D

Walecs 01-30-2014 12:26 PM

Gee, I'm so tired of Disney, they're just ruining the Star Wars brand.
People keep saying Lucas ruined it, but since Lucas created it, he had full right to do whatever he wished to do. Disney don't.
Quote:

Originally Posted by kongisking
I want a film about Vader in between Episodes III-IV, hunting down Jedi and transitioning fully into the badass evil figure he was in the old films. That's a film I'd pay triple to see.


THIS.

Montana Smith 01-30-2014 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Walecs
Gee, I'm so tired of Disney, they're just ruining the Star Wars brand.
People keep saying Lucas ruined it, but since Lucas created it, he had full right to do whatever he wished to do. Disney don't.


If Disney own it they can do whatever they like with it.

Can't get much worse than Lucas' tinkering and re-inventing.

It certainly can't get much worse than the live action Ewok Adventures.

Or can it?


Quote:

Originally Posted by Walecs
THIS.


That. :up:



You're not in the Vader thread on Sideshow Freaks at the moment are you?

There's a very similar theme going on.

kongisking 01-30-2014 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Walecs
Gee, I'm so tired of Disney, they're just ruining the Star Wars brand.
People keep saying Lucas ruined it, but since Lucas created it, he had full right to do whatever he wished to do. Disney don't.


THIS.


That's kind of a bizarre stance. So they current owners of a property have absolutely no right to experiment with said property? Kind of ruins the whole point of 'owning' something...

Also, we have yet to really see a full-on Disney produced Star Wars story, so it remains to be seen if they'll 'ruin' it. Saying that this early on is an epic jumping-of-the-gun.

But no worries, we are united in our desire for a Vader film...:hat:

Montana Smith 01-30-2014 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kongisking
Also, we have yet to really see a full-on Disney produced Star Wars story, so it remains to be seen if they'll 'ruin' it. Saying that this early on is an epic jumping-of-the-gun.


And we can't forget the 'Abrams effect'.


Quote:

Originally Posted by kongisking
But no worries, we are united in our desire for a Vader film...:hat:


They would have to totally shatter Anakin the hero, and reclaim the anonymous villain who first strode aboard the Blockade Runner and snapped an officer's neck in the course of obtaining information.

Pale Horse 01-30-2014 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Montana Smith
And we can't forget the 'Abrams effect'.


Lens flare?

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi..._rendering.png

Montana Smith 01-30-2014 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pale Horse
Lens flare?


Indeed.



Lots of lens flare.


Grizzlor 01-31-2014 01:25 AM

Am I crazy to say that I have little to no interest in a Boba Fett movie? Is Jeremy Bulloch still alive? He should do the voice not that prequel guy.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:57 PM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.