Temple of Doom Arcade Emulator

Arab Swordsman

Does anyone have or know how to get the Temple of Doom arcade game to emulate on a PC? I've looked into Mame but can never get it to work. I'm hoping someone can help me and know's where to get it.

VP

Moderator Emeritus
Got it working too. Man this is one of the greatest Indy games ever made. :whip:

:) Sweet! I once tried endlessly to get MAME to work to no avail. I'll follow that tutorial after exam week and see if at last I can get it up and running. I played this on an actual arcade machine once as a child and had nothing but fond memories of it. :)

Edit:

Wow... uh... ok, just watched the video... that's really simple. It's just that MAME never would even open for me in the past. The window would just open then end runtime immediately.

Heh... I'll fiddle with it in a week.

Last edited:

Arab Swordsman

ResidentAlien said:
:) Sweet! I once tried endlessly to get MAME to work to no avail. I'll follow that tutorial after exam week and see if at last I can get it up and running. I played this on an actual arcade machine once as a child and had nothing but fond memories of it. :)

Edit:

Wow... uh... ok, just watched the video... that's really simple. It's just that MAME never would even open for me in the past. The window would just open then end runtime immediately.

Heh... I'll fiddle with it in a week.

I had the same problem with MAME all the time until I saw that video. Now I've been whipping Thuggees all weekend!

metalinvader

Thanks so much for posting that video!I've been beating the crap out of Thuggees,Falling off paths and being hit by flaming hearts for about an hour!(y)

VP

Moderator Emeritus
Indyologist said:
Can the program be fixed so that it the games aren't displayed on a tiny little screen?
You can click on the icon in the top left corner to zoom 2x or you can also play in full screen mode.

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
Arab Swordsman said:
Love the sound effects and voices.
The Hindi(?) lines are most amusing. "Muji-buji," "Madi-badi-batoo," and especially the nonplussed "Aiyee." Were they recorded or computer generated in the early eighties? Who did them? Do they translate to anything but gibberish?

Indy's "I'm not leaving here..." always sounded to me like "I'm not really here." Surreal.

IrishLuck1980

If you guys need any help what-so-ever about emulators and ROMs, I'm your man. I'm currently in the process of building my MAME Cabinet.

YeeHa! 200th Post! :whip:

metalinvader

Has anyone been able to beat this game yet?I always end up dying at the last mine cart level,The giant thuggee always pushes me over! Damn that Pat Roach!

I also love how each difficulty level has different levels.

Kick ass game all around!

Arab Swordsman

metalinvader said:
Has anyone been able to beat this game yet?I always end up dying at the last mine cart level,The giant thuggee always pushes me over! Damn that Pat Roach!

I also love how each difficulty level has different levels.

Kick ass game all around!

I've gotten past the rope bridge on easy but not on the others. Stupid bats get me!

metalinvader

Arab Swordsman said:
I've gotten past the rope bridge on easy but not on the others. Stupid bats get me!

It's a hard game,I'll give it that.But you gotta remember this game was meant to eat your quarters,So it's gunna be hard!

There is no end to the game. After the rope bridge it's just picking up the idols until you die. You should be able to get into the game menu and change around the number of lives you start with, how often you get lives, and a few other things. I've never played it on the computer, if I want to play I just go down in the basement. (y)

For those of you who may not know, if you whip all of the snakes, skeletons and bones in the temple room before getting the stones you get an extra bonus. Also if you whip Willie at the end of the rope bridge you pull her in and kiss her and get a bonus.

metalinvader

Edward The Head said:
There is no end to the game. After the rope bridge it's just picking up the idols until you die. You should be able to get into the game menu and change around the number of lives you start with, how often you get lives, and a few other things. I've never played it on the computer, if I want to play I just go down in the basement. (y)

For those of you who may not know, if you whip all of the snakes, skeletons and bones in the temple room before getting the stones you get an extra bonus. Also if you whip Willie at the end of the rope bridge you pull her in and kiss her and get a bonus.

So do you own an original TOD cabinet or a remake?Very lucky dude either way!

Arab Swordsman

metalinvader said:
So do you own an original TOD cabinet or a remake?Very lucky dude either way!

I was going to bid on an original this weekend near my house that was on Ebay but when I went to see it there was a problem with the power supply and it would have cost me between 300-500 to get it fixed plus what the auction would have ended at. So, I just got the emulated version for free!