Help!!!!

Strider

I really need help with the Infernal Machine! Sophia turned into that evil spirit thingy on the last level and I have no idea how to beat her. I've tried several walkthoughs but none off them have been any help. HELP ME PLEASE !!!!

Tennessee R

You have to get on top of the blocks in the middle.
Face her at all times.
When you first see her move towards you, strike out with your bullwhip.
If you time it just right, you can make it.
You do have your bullwhip charged with electricity, don't you?

And by the way, good to have you back again, Strider.

Strider

Good to be back Ten, I missed all you guys.

I have the whip charged. How many times do I have to hit her?

Finn

Staff member
Three times on Freshman, and was it twelve on Dr. Jones... so if you don't mind the IQ and just want to beat the game, adjust down the slider.

Finn

Staff member
Does N64 even have the option to change your difficulty setting while in-game, btw?

gavinpape

I never even managed to get to the last level.. There was a bug in the game on the level before it.. I had climbed downa big ladder then there was a doorway on a ledge you had to go thorugh... He wouldn't climb up the bloody ledge and I was stuck down there...... was pretty dissapointed seen as I'd got so far into it..

Finn

Staff member
N64 or PC?

In PC, the 1.2 patch helped in most of the cases, or then you could have just requested another player to mail you a savegame past the point.

In N64... now that's just plain nasty.

Strider

I tried to beat it today again. I hit the damn monster 24 times with the whip and it diden't die!!!!!! I haden't thought of turning down the difficulty. now that I'm aware of that possibility I think I'll try it.

Finn

Staff member
Are you aware that you can only hit the thing when it actually comes down and "hugs" you? You can't hit it during the decoy dive, I mean when Marduk comes down but pulls immediately up in front of you. It will always counted as a missed shot, even if it appears that you hit it.

And you <i>have</i> opened all the three doors with the gems, haven't you?

Strider

Ahhhh!!! A decoy! I had no idea! And what do you mean "opening doors" I have got all the rubies but I can't see any doors to open! Also, am I supposed to be able to get down to that lower level that Martok (or whatever you call em) is circleing above?

Finn

Staff member
Now we're going somewhere. You need to find a way to the ground level. Then, beyond the tubes you can float up with are the doors (you can't mistake them, they have the respectable for the gems). You open all the three of them, and it will build a stone structure in middle of the battlefield. Climb on the structure, make sure your coil's charged and start whipping that flygirl's butt!

Strider

How do I get to the ground level? I've been running around in circles for weeks, what am I missing?

Finn

Staff member
Wait a sec... if I recall right, first you'll have to find the tunnel leading to the red gem, then take down the "swimming" tunnel that separates there, it should lead you to a door you should be able to open with a button nearby. Behind this door is one of "tubes" you can use to swim down to the arena. Once there, open the first door in the tube's immediate vicinity.

Strider

By swimming tunnel do you mean that gaping hole that has the "swimming" energy around it that you run into as you run around the passage with the openings to the big room with martok? If that's what your talking about I'll have you know that when I jump down there I just fall.

Finn

Staff member
First of all, have you opened any doors after Sophia morphed together with Marduk?
If you haven't, there's a floating tunnel that leads away from the place with the red gem. You should follow it until you come to a place that has two drop-out places from the floating complex fairly close to each other. You should pick the one closer to you (if my memory serves me right) and you come to a large door you should be able to open. Behind this door you'll find the "tube" leading down.