Could Old Indy have made a difference in the early 1990's?

Nurhachi1991

After watching the old Indiana Jones Chronicals compliments of Stoo I was thinking could Indy have gone into the hood and made a difference?

Indiana Jones and the Streets of Compton would of been a heck of a movie....

Armed with a bull whip and his Webley Indy could of taken the mean streets of South Central LA....

Goodeknight

Interesting question. But the problem isn't just the time period.

Indy was always after the MacGuffin. Even in Temple, he saved the enslaved children as an afterthought. He was really after the stones. Had to rescue Willie and Shorty, but still, the stones played a central role.

No great artifacts in Compton. And if the King Tut exhibit tours again, it won't be going thru Compton.

Nurhachi1991

goodeknight said:
Interesting question. But the problem isn't just the time period.

Indy was always after the MacGuffin. Even in Temple, he saved the enslaved children as an afterthought. He was really after the stones. Had to rescue Willie and Shorty, but still, the stones played a central role.

No great artifacts in Compton. And if the King Tut exhibit tours again, it won't be going thru Compton.

The legendary rhyme book of N.W.A?

Stoo

Nurhachi1991 said:
After watching the old Indiana Jones Chronicals compliments of Stoo I was thinking could Indy have gone into the hood and made a difference?
Thanks for the plug, 'Hachi, but don't you mean, "Chronicles"?;)
Nurhachi1991 said:
Armed with a bull whip and his Webley Indy could of taken the mean streets of South Central LA....
In the '90s, the only weapons Old Indy wielded were his eagle-headed cane and his tall-tale telling. He'd probably corner a gang with threats of a cane-bashing and then bore them to tears with a story from yesteryear until they begged for release (or until they realized the moral & saw the light).;)

Nurhachi1991

I know he only had a cane but what if something were to spring him into action for one last horrah.... Like when he was in the hospital and that little girl was shot in a gang shooting lol. I wanna see Indy pull a Temple of Doom! "Right all of us....." and he could fight Deebo from Friday as the Pat Roach type character :D

Violet

Moderator Emeritus
Nurhachi1991 said:
I know he only had a cane but what if something were to spring him into action for one last horrah.... Like when he was in the hospital and that little girl was shot in a gang shooting lol. I wanna see Indy pull a Temple of Doom! "Right all of us....." and he could fight Deebo from Friday as the Pat Roach type character :D

You do realise Old Indy was like 90-94?

In any case, the best badass moment of Old Indy was that donut shop one, where he grabs the kid by the neck and gets angry at him for insulting an old lady customer and then he ends up in jail. So funny.... I wonder what his daughter thought about that?

Nurhachi1991

Violet said:
You do realise Old Indy was like 90-94?

In any case, the best badass moment of Old Indy was that donut shop one, where he grabs the kid by the neck and gets angry at him for insulting an old lady customer and then he ends up in jail. So funny.... I wonder what his daughter thought about that?

Yeah but were also talking about the man who survived a nuke in a fridge.... He isn't your average senior citizen :hat:

Nurhachi1991

Hahaha I should! But in all honesty couldnt you picture Indy walking down the streets of LA and a gang member approches him Indy responds with a solid punch to the jaw and sends the thug back. Than all chaos ensues! Mind you the LAPD is backing Indy up hahah

Montana Smith

Nurhachi1991 said:
Hahaha I should! But in all honesty couldnt you picture Indy walking down the streets of LA and a gang member approches him Indy responds with a solid punch to the jaw and sends the thug back. Than all chaos ensues! Mind you the LAPD is backing Indy up hahah

Like a Crocodile Dundee moment - the out of place character taking charge of a situation. I think Indy would have been tough right up to the end, despite appearances. He has the combination of luck, the will to survive and the knack for fighting dirty. As you wrote, he wouldn't be your average senior citizen!

Stoo

Violet said:
That's my favourite as well. "If you apologize to the nice lady, right now, I'll reconsider turning your head into a sausage pizza!":whip:
Violet said:
You should add that one to the Indy 5 slogan thread. It's perfect!:p
Motion seconded.
Nurhachi1991 said:
I know he only had a cane but what if something were to spring him into action for one last horrah.... Like when he was in the hospital and that little girl was shot in a gang shooting lol.
As for just having the cane, I just realized that he could make an impromptu weapon out of a pool cue...if need be.;) (I haven't uploaded those bookends yet but someone else did.)

The thing is, Old Indy went soft. He talked the talk but never walked the walk anymore. Remember, he was in that hospital for a bee sting on his big toe. Later he got stuck up in a tree and was helped down by the fire department.:eek:

Montana Smith

Stoo said:
As for just having the cane, I just realized that he could make an impromptu weapon out of a pool cue...if need be.;) (I haven't uploaded those bookends yet but someone else did.)

I could imagine the cane being a sword stick, or not...

Stoo said:
The thing is, Old Indy went soft. He talked the talk but never walked the walk anymore. Remember, he was in that hospital for a bee sting on his big toe. Later he got stuck up in a tree and was helped down by the fire department.:eek:

The old wuss. What a way to go!

"You were an action hero?"

"Yes, but only part-time."

Montana Smith

Early 1990s Indy was a pathological liar. Don't believe a word of what he ever said. He never met Dracula. The Ark never existed, and when he said he took a ride out of an atom bomb test in a refrigerator he was just teasing the kids! :p

Nurhachi1991

Could you imagine Indy in a bar?

Indy: Did I ever tell you the time I found the Ark?

Bar Patron: Omg thats amazing so where is it now?

Indy: Ehhh it got taken away by top men...

Nurhachi1991

I could see Indy lecturing gang members.. " you think your cool becaue you killed a rival gang member?" Let me tell you I smoked over 300 nazis.... which takes me back to the year 1938