LJN Temple of Doom line

Tank Driver

I was wondering what everyone else's thoughts were about this line?

I recall seeing at the shelves back then and shaking my head in disappointment. Why in the world are these the size of He-man figures? Why only three at that time? I really believe LJN dropped the ball on this line. TOD had so much potential for figures and playsets!

I did manage to collect these eventually - I'm an Indy collector! Stll need to find a decent carded Mola Ram! Did anybody else see on Ebay the remaining two Willie and Shorty prototypes? I was thinking about it....:sick:

Exulted Unicron

I've seen pictures of the LJN stuff. Sadly, never really found much over here and they tend to be highly sought after on ebay by collectors such as ourselves. The likenesses are poor at best, with Willie actually looking more like Bette Midler than Kate Capshaw and Shorty looking like Mickey Rooney.

One day, I'll eventually add the LJN toys to my collection. I did post a brief article about them in my blog: www.indystemple.blogspot.co.uk and eventually, I'll be getting round to reviewing them properly.

Henry W Jones

Exulted Unicron said:
I've seen pictures of the LJN stuff. Sadly, never really found much over here and they tend to be highly sought after on ebay by collectors such as ourselves. The likenesses are poor at best, with Willie actually looking more like Bette Midler than Kate Capshaw and Shorty looking like Mickey Rooney.

One day, I'll eventually add the LJN toys to my collection. I did post a brief article about them in my blog: www.indystemple.blogspot.co.uk and eventually, I'll be getting round to reviewing them properly.

I recently got these and they are awesome. Such a nostalgic moment pushing the battlematic button on them. They are hard to find complete. I had to spend over $250 for the three with accessories and had to repaint Indy's hands.