New Acquisitions!!

Lambonius

My campus town Walmart and Target just restocked their figures today--all the deluxe figures are in, plus a good selection of regular figures. AND THEY ALL HAVE UTTERLY HORRIBLE PAINTJOBS!!! GRRRRRR... I stood there forever looking through them, over and over again, desperately trying to convince myself to buy one, just ONE! But I couldn't. I just couldn't justify it when I might be able to wait a few weeks and get better ones. Seriously, Hasbro needs to hurry up and get a new production run out with some better paint jobs. I know this has been talked about before but I just had to vent. Looks like I'll have to wait some more before I can complete the collection. Sigh...share my woes, folks. (n)

Oh yeah, and another thing, has anyone else noticed that it seems like the figures of Indy himself are the worst contenders when it comes to bad paint jobs? I've been able to pick up most of the supporting characters without much trouble. I have a perfect Marion and Sallah (took me a while to find a good Sallah, but I did) but Indy continues to elude me. My map room Indy has a really nice paint job and looks really good, but none of the other Indy's that I've seen have anywhere near passable jobs. No matter how robust my supporting cast is, it isn't an Indy collection without the man in the hat. Just give me one that looks remotely like Harrison Ford and with all the facial features in proper alignment and proportion--that's all I ask! :p

Last edited:

tnswman

Lambonius said:
My campus town Walmart and Target just restocked their figures today--all the deluxe figures are in, plus a good selection of regular figures. AND THEY ALL HAVE UTTERLY HORRIBLE PAINTJOBS!!! GRRRRRR... I stood there forever looking through them, over and over again, desperately trying to convince myself to buy one, just ONE! But I couldn't. I just couldn't justify it when I might be able to wait a few weeks and get better ones. Seriously, Hasbro needs to hurry up and get a new production run out with some better paint jobs. I know this has been talked about before but I just had to vent. Looks like I'll have to wait some more before I can complete the collection. Sigh...share my woes, folks. (n)

Oh yeah, and another thing, has anyone else noticed that it seems like the figures of Indy himself are the worst contenders when it comes to bad paint jobs? I've been able to pick up most of the supporting characters without much trouble. I have a perfect Marion and Sallah (took me a while to find a good Sallah, but I did) but Indy continues to elude me. My map room Indy has a really nice paint job and looks really good, but none of the other Indy's that I've seen have anywhere near passable jobs. No matter how robust my supporting cast is, it isn't an Indy collection without the man in the hat. Just give me one that looks remotely like Harrison Ford and with all the facial features in proper alignment and proportion--that's all I ask! :p

Uhhhhh, I have ( as do others ) MANY figures with PERFECT faces...In fact, My latest Spalko figure was painted better than ANY Hasbro figure I have ever seen.

Do you think...and this is shooting in the dark here, that you might be a Tad too picky? I mean, will it EVER be perfect?

So far, I have bought 8 KOTCS Indy figures and out of the 8, NONE have bad paint apps. In fact, the re-paints on the Raiders line actually look EXACTLY like Harrison Ford now ( Ciaro more than Idol ).

I guess a LOT of us just don't know what you NEED to satisfy you that you can't find ONE figure in the lot.

blueseattle

tnswman said:
Uhhhhh, I have ( as do others ) MANY figures with PERFECT faces...In fact, My latest Spalko figure was painted better than ANY Hasbro figure I have ever seen.

Do you think...and this is shooting in the dark here, that you might be a Tad too picky? I mean, will it EVER be perfect?

So far, I have bought 8 KOTCS Indy figures and out of the 8, NONE have bad paint apps. In fact, the re-paints on the Raiders line actually look EXACTLY like Harrison Ford now ( Ciaro more than Idol ).

I guess a LOT of us just don't know what you NEED to satisfy you that you can't find ONE figure in the lot.

Ouch. That was a bit harsh.

Rhys135

l_812a38ae45b8482b0d1e4ccd2c4df609.jpg

Woolworths finally had some Top Trumps in stock, and they also had some Indy socks in the Fathers Day department, with some exclusive Crystal Skull Fathers Day cards aswell, if anyone's looking.

Lego Indiana Jones sticker sheet was supplied with the latest issue of Gamesmaster.

Lambonius

tnswman said:

I've considered the fact that I might be being a bit picky, but I'm not using some false ideal as a basis for comparison or anything; I just want all my figures to have about the same quality of paint apps. I think that's pretty justifiable. Like I said, I have a number of them already; I've just been having trouble finding good figures of Indy in particular that match the quality of the other ones I've already got. I'm sure it depends on where you go and what batches you look through, but the recent shipment to my local Walmart looked disappointingly prototypical, not like any of the number of much slicker looking Star Wars figures that were on the racks next to it. I'm not too impatient; I can hold out for a better shipment, I was just venting a little post-Walmart-trip disappointment, that's all. No worries. :)

The Golden Idol

Lambonius said:

I feel sorry for people like you, because when I went to Toys R Us, I picked up the ONLY good-looking Indy figure, which was a Pitfall Indy. None of the other figures have a decent paintjob; all the others were either cross-eyed, wide-eyed, or just didn't look like Harrison Ford. The one I managed to find is pretty damn close to perfect, and actually resembles Ford. My point is, the good-looking figures are rare since they are the ones being grabbed off the shelves, and dozens of shoddy ones are being left there for some unlucky kid or collector who wants to buy a decent-looking Indiana Jones figure.

Billy Ray

I completely understand that. I am pretty picky myself when it comes to paint apps. which is one reason I almost never order figures online. I have seen some pretty horrendous Indy figures too, but tnswman is right, there are some really, really good ones. With all the Indys that are shipping out in the case assortments, I am sure you will be able to find a good one sooner or later.

The Golden Idol

Billy Ray said:
I completely understand that. I am pretty picky myself when it comes to paint apps. which is one reason I almost never order figures online. I have seen some pretty horrendous Indy figures too, but tnswman is right, there are some really, really good ones. With all the Indys that are shipping out in the case assortments, I am sure you will be able to find a good one sooner or later.

EXACTLY. Do NOT order Indy figures off the Internet, since you never know what kind of paintjob you might receive.

Kooshmeister

The troop car came today and I have to say it is one awesome vehicle. Admittedly a lot bigger than I anticipated. But I suppose this is necessary for ease of putting the figures in and then taking them out again. The break-apart barricade thing and the barrels don't make a heck of a lot of sense but are nice accessories nonetheless (and although I didn't bother with the "diorama" you can make out of the box, I did assemble the little cardboard crate).

One vehicle down.

Dr Jones

Wow! My eyes are open to a whole world of Indy collections!!

Does anyone know where I could get that cool looking DVD case with Indy's jacket and hat/whip on...and also the Indy socks?

:confused:

Please, a desperate plea from a memorabilia-low UK fan!

:hat:

:D

Indy Black

Finally had a winning code from Dr Pepper...a wallpaper:eek:

love those Indy socks, anyone find Indy t-shirts or are they only at Blockbuster and ordering online?

BlackSleep

When the action figures were released, I decided that I only really wanted Indy and maybe a few others from the Raiders wave, but wasn't going to go crazy with it. As of this afternoon, I've bought:

Raiders wave:

Whip-cracking Indy
Marion w. Cairo Henchman
Indy w. Ark
German Soldier
Belloq
Monkey Man

KotCS wave:

Indy w. crystal skull hand
Mutt w/ leather jacket
Agent Spalko
Col. Dovchenko
Russian Solider

Last Crusade

German soldier w. bike

Not to mention I've sent off for the Crystal skeleton w. throne figure. This is getting ridiculous. BTW, Indy w/ ark is awesome, as is the German soldier on bike. The deluxe action figures rock for the price.

Last edited:

mfisher

Got my KOTCS poster from the Indiana jones shop in the mail today too... great looking poster... going to get it framed up this weekend !