Volume One

Indy's Fist

I am blown away by the quality of these DVDs! I've watched the first episode and I really liked it. Indy's dad was great and Indy was getting into trouble even as a kid!:)

metalinvader

My first adventure is a good one.Though I can't stand the bridge between the two episode.

Indy's fist,Have you seen the original 'Curse of the jackal'?That's where the first part of 'My first adventure' comes from.

Adamwankenobi

My favorites of the set are "Perils of Cupid", "Travels with Father", "Journey of Radiance", and the second half of "Love's Sweet Song".

Matinee Idyll

The first half, Ireland 1916 is quite brilliant too Adam! :)

I'm very depressed at the moment, I lost my Vicky... :( Who knows, perhaps we'll meet again in 70 years :(

Indy's Fist

metalinvader said:
My first adventure is a good one.Though I can't stand the bridge between the two episode.

Indy's fist,Have you seen the original 'Curse of the jackal'?That's where the first part of 'My first adventure' comes from.

I never saw the original broadcasts, so I'm watching it as presented on DVD. Is this why Indy seems older in the second half of "My First Adventure"? I love Indy's dad. The actor must have listened to "The Last Crusade" to get the "Junior" down just like Sean Connery.:D

oki9Sedo

Matinee Idyll said:
The first half, Ireland 1916 is quite brilliant too Adam! :)

I'm very depressed at the moment, I lost my Vicky... :( Who knows, perhaps we'll meet again in 70 years :(

I never saw that one. Being Irish I'm skeptical. Does it have Americanized Irish accents ("Ah bejaysus begorrah! Top o'tha mornin' tu ya!")?

Junior Jones

oki9Sedo said:
I never saw that one. Being Irish I'm skeptical. Does it have Americanized Irish accents ("Ah bejaysus begorrah! Top o'tha mornin' tu ya!")?

Actually, quite the opposite. Indy goes to a stereotypical Irish show, but later meets playwright Sean O'Casey who is frustrated by the perception that the Irish are happy-go-lucky leprechauns who are always happy and singing.

oki9Sedo

Junior Jones said:
Actually, quite the opposite. Indy goes to a stereotypical Irish show, but later meets playwright Sean O'Casey who is frustrated by the perception that the Irish are happy-go-lucky leprechauns who are always happy and singing.

Really? Thank God.

Adamwankenobi

Indy's Fist said:
I never saw the original broadcasts, so I'm watching it as presented on DVD. Is this why Indy seems older in the second half of "My First Adventure"? I love Indy's dad. The actor must have listened to "The Last Crusade" to get the "Junior" down just like Sean Connery.:D

That actor is Lloyd Owen. He said in an interview that in order to get the accent down, he watched a lot of Sean Connery's older films.

IndyJr.

I have a birthday an exact week before Christmas, so I was able to get Volume 1 for my birthday and Volume 2 for Christmas...

I've seen all of Volume 1 and I'm on Oganga in Volume 2.

I have to say that my favorites of Volume 1 are: (not in order)

The Perils of Cupid - Vienna, 1908
Travels with Father - Russia, 1910
Travels with Father - Greece, 1910
Love's Sweet Song - Ireland, 1916
Love's Sweet Song - London, 1916

those are my favorites of that volume... for Volume 2 I'd choose:

Trenches of Hell - Germany, 1916 (the "Great Escape" part)
Demon's of Deception - Verdun, 1916
Phantom Train of Doom - German East African (part 1 - the train part)
Oganga, the Giver and Taker of Life - Congo, 1917 (part 2 - the Oganga part)
Attack of the Hawkmen - Germany, 1917 (part 2 - the spy part)

I had the VHS's and I had already seen
Spring Break Adventure
Trenches of Hell
Phantom Train of Doom
Oganga, the Giver and Taker of Life
Attack of the Hawkmen
Adventures in the Secret Service
Daredevils of the Desert
Tales of Innocence
Mystery of the Blues
Hollywood Follies

(I never could find Mask of Evil :( )

The first three I ever obtained were Oganga, Hawkmen and Hollywood.

Today I plan to watch the rest of Volume 2, starting at Oganga! :whip: :gun: (y)

metalinvader

Indy's Fist said:

The original "Curse of the Jackal' is on Youtube in 11 parts.You should really check it out.If you liked 'My first adventure' you will LOVE 'Curse of the jackal'!

Lloyd Owen was the man who played Henry Sr. and yes he did a marvelous job.Outstanding actor!:hat:

Yeah I'm Irish too, and just love the Irish episode, kinda funny though, it was filmed in Dublin so they're all Irish actors, including Fair City actors, which, well can only be a funny thing. Also, two of my favourite lines in the whole series: Sean O Casey: "to hell with it, and to hell with William Butler Bloody Yeats" which is shouted into the liffey and
Sean Lemass: " stay away from my sister, or you'll get a puck in the eye" Which is a fantastic line for our future Taoiseach who gets into a fist fight with Indy. Yep, Indiana Jones vs Sean Lemass, plus theres the whole attack on the GPO, filmed on O Connell St, with explosions going off in and around the actual building, great stuff

Alexandria

I recieved "Volume 2:the war years" for Christmas! :D I was surprised as it just came out, and wasn't the one I asked for. I'm not complaining though. The DVD quality surprised me, and I've enjoyed watching them. My favorite so far I think is... "oganda-giver and taker of life". It's so intense and I get to see Indy cry :( which is oddly great. I got choked up watching HIM choke up. I've also noticed that Sean Patrick Flanery is more attrative in film than he is in photos. Random thoughts, I know. I also know everyone's been moaning about no Old Bookends being included, but I don't know what I'm missing. I've only seen the bookends to "love's sweet song" (aka London-1916).

Indy's Fist

Alexandria said:
I recieved "Volume 2:the war years" for Christmas! :D I was surprised as it just came out, and wasn't the one I asked for. I'm not complaining though. The DVD quality surprised me, and I've enjoyed watching them. My favorite so far I think is... "oganda-giver and taker of life". It's so intense and I get to see Indy cry :( which is oddly great. I got choked up watching HIM choke up. I've also noticed that Sean Patrick Flanery is more attrative in film than he is in photos. Random thoughts, I know. I also know everyone's been moaning about no Old Bookends being included, but I don't know what I'm missing. I've only seen the bookends to "love's sweet song" (aka London-1916).

I have some of the bookends in the comic versions. They have Indy as a 90 year old grumpy dude.

Alexandria

Indy's Fist said:
I have some of the bookends in the comic versions. They have Indy as a 90 year old grumpy dude.
Haha! Thanks. :hat: I think I know who Old Indy is, as I did see like the london 1916, and the Priceton 1916 bookends. I thought he has a bit of a British accent though. :confused: Maybe it was just me. I just got finished with watching the last episode in the "war years" set. What was with that epidsode in Prauge with the telephone. I kept saying "this must of been a dream", but it wasn't! It was so wierd.

metalinvader

George Hall,The man who played old Indy,Sure did have an accent (He was born in Canada btw).I kind of liked his accent,It had that wise old man charm to it.

The Prauge episode is actually one of my favorites.Very different then the rest of the episodes.I love the end gag where Indy's next mission is to set up a new phone in Germany.