12" Sideshow "Raiders of the Lost Ark" Indy figure (standard) - shipping update?

phantom train

12" Sideshow "Raiders of the Lost Ark" Indy figure (standard) - shipping update?

Hey everyone - I hope it's alright to start a new thread on this - I looked for an older one re: this figure, but was unable to find anything.

Anyway, I just wanted to start a thread for people who ordered the 12" "Raiders of the Lost Ark" Indiana Jones figure from Sideshow (specifically the standard version, but I guess the Exclusive version would also count) to post when they receive their figure in the mail.
Just to clarify, the standard figure is the one that's under $100 (this is to distinguish it from the more expensive IJ Sideshow figures, since I know there are several versions).

I ordered mine back in April and was told they would start shipping in July 2008, but haven't heard (or seen) anything yet.

So, does anyone out there who has ordered the figure know when it will start shipping? And, has anyone already received this figure?

Thanks in advance for any info. on this.

ChromiumBlue37

Billy Ray said:
3rd quarter of 2008 is all they have officially said so far.

Found the answer using the SEARCH feature with existing Sideshow threads. Took me 45 seconds, total.

Thanks, Billy Ray!

Billy Ray

Don't thank me, thank Sideshow;)

Phantom, just to clear things up, the exclusive and regular Sideshow Indys are the same price, $89.99. These are the only 12" Indy figures produced by Sideshow at this time.

They are also producing a "Premium Format" Indy figure that stands about 18" tall and is $279 for both the regular and exclusive versions. This is more of a high end statue with clothes and accesories than an action figure.

The other 12" figures you see listed on their site (Indy, Henry, KOTCS Indy, and Mutt) are produced by Medicom Toys, a Japanese company. Sideshow just distributes them here in the States. They go for around $150 a piece.

And there is still no update in the shipping on the Sideshow Raiders Indy figure at this time. Pre-order for their 12" Luke Skywalker was a month before Indy and he is shipping this month so maybe, just maybe he could be coming next month. Sideshow sends out a notice when their stuff is about 25 to 30 days from shipping (though I did get a 10 to 15 day notice for the afore mentioned Luke).

Hoping against hope that Indy does not get pushed back, which does happen from time to time...usually if they need to correct an issue with the production figures coming out of the factory.

phantom train

Billy Ray said:
Don't thank me, thank Sideshow;)

Phantom, just to clear things up, the exclusive and regular Sideshow Indys are the same price, $89.99. These are the only 12" Indy figures produced by Sideshow at this time.

They are also producing a "Premium Format" Indy figure that stands about 18" tall and is $279 for both the regular and exclusive versions. This is more of a high end statue with clothes and accesories than an action figure.

The other 12" figures you see listed on their site (Indy, Henry, KOTCS Indy, and Mutt) are produced by Medicom Toys, a Japanese company. Sideshow just distributes them here in the States. They go for around $150 a piece.

And there is still no update in the shipping on the Sideshow Raiders Indy figure at this time. Pre-order for their 12" Luke Skywalker was a month before Indy and he is shipping this month so maybe, just maybe he could be coming next month. Sideshow sends out a notice when their stuff is about 25 to 30 days from shipping (though I did get a 10 to 15 day notice for the afore mentioned Luke).

Hoping against hope that Indy does not get pushed back, which does happen from time to time...usually if they need to correct an issue with the production figures coming out of the factory.

Thanks very much for the info. and clarification. This is the first time I've ordered a figure from Sideshow, so this is good to know.

Billy Ray

Well, Sideshow updated their site today and the Sideshow Raiders of the Lost Ark Indiana Jones is now estimated to ship in October!

Arab Swordsman

Billy Ray said:
Well, Sideshow updated their site today and the Sideshow Raiders of the Lost Ark Indiana Jones is now estimated to ship in October!

I'm kind of ok with this. I would rather see them take their time and put out a great figure rather than rush.

Billy Ray

I completely agree, I would much rather wait if it means that they are taking their time to get everything just right.

On a positive note on the shipping updates, Medicom Indy and Henry are now listed as shipping in August!

glorbes

It sucks that I'll have to hunt for this on the secondary market...I missed the boat on all the preorders. Oh well...hopefully it will be a bit cheaper than the Toys McCoy Indy in its heyday!

phantom train

Billy Ray said:

Thanks for the update. This is actually bad news in my opinion - I ordered this back in April so if it ships in October that means it will take
6 months from the order date to the ship date - unbelievable. This is assuming the ship date isn't pushed back again.

I haven't ordered from Sideshow before, so hopefully this figure will be worth the wait.

deckard24

I guess as long as the final product looks great I'm cool with the date being pushed back. It's not like I have a choice though! They just better not screw up the paint apps, after Trevor nailed Ford's likeness so well!

Billy Ray

phantom train said:
Thanks for the update. This is actually bad news in my opinion - I ordered this back in April so if it ships in October that means it will take
6 months from the order date to the ship date - unbelievable. This is assuming the ship date isn't pushed back again.

I haven't ordered from Sideshow before, so hopefully this figure will be worth the wait.

Yeah, 6 months is a pretty typical wait time for Sideshow figures. While I want to get my hands on Indy as soon as possible, in a way I am kind of glad for the delay. I just received their ANH Han Solo and ANH Luke will be arriving this month as well. Add to that the Hasbro "BMF" Millenium Falcon I just got for my birthday. My wallet could really use a break for a few months!

Medicom Indy and Henry will be here next month to tide me over though, so all is good:D

Billy Ray

Sideshow has updated the estimated shipping date on Indy to November now!!! :( This wait is killing me! On top of that, still no word on the Medicom Indy and Henry, which they are listing as August:rolleyes:

Lord_glavin

Billy Ray said:
Sideshow has updated the estimated shipping date on Indy to November now!!! :( This wait is killing me! On top of that, still no word on the Medicom Indy and Henry, which they are listing as August:rolleyes:

November! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
sucks lol all I can say, but hopefully its because the want to make the figure better, not because something went wrong

hey, i can hope all i want :p

monkey man

deckard24 said:
I guess as long as the final product looks great I'm cool with the date being pushed back. It's not like I have a choice though! They just better not screw up the paint apps, after Trevor nailed Ford's likeness so well!

I agree. Sideshow is kind of a pre order company. As long as I receive my 12" Indy I'll be happy. I've waited 6 months. What's another month or two.

They can take their time getting me the Exclusive Belloq figure ready too. It gives me time to squirrel away the extra cash for it. If you don't order the figures, you probably won't get one. Both versions of the Indy figure have been sold out for a long time. The exclusive Belloq with the idol and display is sold out too. I'm glad that I didn't wait to order it. I want that display.

P.S. sign up for Sideshows newsletters. They're pretty good about sending updates.

deckard24

Does anyone know what the status is with this figure? It says November for shipping, but I just received an email update saying the Medicom 12" Indy was being shipped as was the Premium Format figure, but no 12" Raiders Indy? I'm confused because both of those other items were made after the original 12' Raiders figure, and I would think the PF would take the longest to produce!

Unfortunately Sideshow's offices are closed until Monday, but maybe one of you guys that has done business with them before can fill me in?

Billy Ray

Medicom's Indy is made by a totally different comany, from Japan. Sideshow just distributes them. As far as I can remember it was always slated to be released before Sideshow's 12" Indy, but has also been delayed several times itself (I think the original release date was July and Sideshow's was August). Delays on these figures aren't unheard of, they happen all the time and Sideshow usually never gives a reason. They did say that the Episode III Obi-Wan was delayed due to them changing the color of his robe though. In the end, if it means we get a better figure, I don't mind the wait at all...but it is getting kind of old with him getting pushed back. Hopefully the November release holds though. As for the PF, I really don't know. It may have to do with the fact that they don't produce as many of them.

deckard24

Billy Ray said:
Medicom's Indy is made by a totally different comany, from Japan. Sideshow just distributes them. As far as I can remember it was always slated to be released before Sideshow's 12" Indy, but has also been delayed several times itself (I think the original release date was July and Sideshow's was August). Delays on these figures aren't unheard of, they happen all the time and Sideshow usually never gives a reason. They did say that the Episode III Obi-Wan was delayed due to them changing the color of his robe though. In the end, if it means we get a better figure, I don't mind the wait at all...but it is getting kind of old with him getting pushed back. Hopefully the November release holds though. As for the PF, I really don't know. It may have to do with the fact that they don't produce as many of them.
Thanks for the insight!:hat: