Pitt vs. Penn State -- Ford Disappoints

Joe Brody

Penn State Football twitter is touting a picture of Harrison Ford holding up a 'White Out Heinz' sign -- a reference to this Saturday's Pitt vs. Penn State match-up at Heinz Field in Pittsburgh (Pitt's home field).

CroqYXKWEAIbik1.jpg

Assuming the sign was not photo-shopped, sad to see Ford fall down on this side of the rivalry.

The guy that's now playing Chewbacca is a former Penn State basketball player -- so I assume that's what prompted Ford's involvement and where the sign came from. [Jokingly]Seeing the 'CA. . .' on the adjoining chair, I wonder if that is for 'Calista' and if the picture was taken in Ford's backyard.

I am a Pitt alumni and will have my oldest in the Pitt student section this Saturday rooting on Pitt.

Last edited:

ThrowMeTheWhip

The sign is 100% photoshopped. It was originally a sign Ford used to identify himself for a Reddit AMA. It?s been used for countless other dubious purposes, including trying to claim that Ford is a supporter of Donald Trump, which he most definitely is not in his own words.

axelan

More sites are using pictures like this to "verify" the accounts but they just result in more fake profiles, fake pictures and even worse, people having a false sense of security trusting the verified sites or people that might be fake.

Joe Brody

Thanks all for confirming.

JasonMa said:
Also I'm guessing the 'CA' is for Carrie Fisher, given the timing of the original picture.

[Laughing]How soon I forget Ms. Fisher! But is Ford's facial hair correct for when he was shooting TFA?

Joe Brody

Hilarious. I deserve that. Like I said, knowing that Chewbacca is a Penn Stater, led me to give the pic the benefit of the doubt. I should have just Googled 'Harrison Ford holding a sign.'