• Steele and Jones

Votes: 5 6.8%
  • Bill Kelso

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Other (post about it below)

Votes: 15 20.3%

• Total voters

Glenville86

One thing I have noticed is the resale value on the Indy jackets is not very good. Not horrible but not good. I bought 2 jackets on EBay I really did not need because the prices were so good. Like new US Wings Indiana Jones "Legend" jacket in steerhide (US Made) for under $130.00 and a like new Wested in Lamb for $125.00.

I am sure the rare jackets would retain more of their value.

Drones33

Interesting point. I wonder if its a relative thing: to a fan, an Indy jacket, be it Wested, Todds, US Wings or otherwise, would be a highly prized item. Yet to a non-fan who doesn`t understand the appeal, it may be just another leather jacket. And sadly it seems theres a lot more non-fans out there than fans.:(
Indeed, it seems to me that theres a surprising number of people, particularly younger people, who have no idea who or what Indy is, let alone the fact that there are certain items, the hat and jacket being the most obvious, associated specifically with him.
Its interesting I think, and this is true not just of Indy, that something that can be so prominent a part of one persons consciousness can be irrelevant to another. I work with a team of ten people ranging from early twenties to late fifties, yet only 2 of those have ever seen an Indy film, and clearly the other 8 have no interest in watching any of them.
Amazing really...

Last edited:

Glenville86

Maybe in 30-40 years, these things will be a highly sought after vintage item. :)

Back in the mid 90s, I had a Stetson Indy hats (one of the better ones) that I wore. Got messed with in good nature by my friends for wearing it. Fast forward to now and I can wear an Indy hat and jacket with no comments except nice cowboy hat. :confused:

I was worried that wearing them together would be so obvious but as you said, most people do not even know anymore.

jsarino

It is surprising that the jackets have not fared as well as they should in the used market. Whips and hats to me though have stayed steady or have gone up.

Drones33 said:
Thanks Jsarino. How's the weathering coming on your newly restored Todds?

I'm just naturally letting it get distressed. In the short time I had it, it was showing some nice signs of wear too (I was wearing it the bulk of the fall here in the US). Unfortunately, I have to start over again. I'm waiting on some Pecard's cream dressing to arrive so I can protect it. Then, if the weather is more fall-like, I'll presume naturally re-distressing it. :)

Glenville86

Have a G&B Expedition on order. I like all my Indy jackets from Wested, USW and WPG but am still looking for "the one".

Sakis

TR.N Staff Member
Glenville86 said:
Have a G&B Expedition on order. I like all my Indy jackets from Wested, USW and WPG but am still looking for "the one".

Yoy have a Wested and it's not The One???

Glenville86

Sakis said:
Yoy have a Wested and it's not The One???

I guess it has more to do with the fit than the maker quality. I have big arms and wide shoulders.

The Wested fit alright but they are slightly snug in the upper body where my shoulders and upper arms meet. Other than that, they fit fine.

The US Wings fit great in the upper body but the sleeves while alright could be slightly longer and the waist is slightly bigger than I like. No way too big but a little.

The What Price Glory (WPG) fits the best overall but the zipper and pull are a bright brass that contrasts with the dark goat. Looks great zipped but open just slightly bothers me.

I like them all though and have been letting go of a leather jacket (non-Indy) from my collection whenever I get a new one.

Drones33

Glenville86 said:

Just been looking at the G&B Expedition on their website. Looks really nice. Have you opted for goat or lamb skin?

Glenville86

Drones33 said:
Just been looking at the G&B Expedition on their website. Looks really nice. Have you opted for goat or lamb skin?

I ordered the goat. I normally wear a 48 in fancy outerwear coats and ordered the 48 Long. Just hope it fits well. If not, will have to exchange it. My Wested are 48 and one size 50 that fit alright. The US Wings I have are XXL as well.

jsarino

That is a nice price, but like you, too big for me to want to snatch it up. Someone give it a new home!

Glenville86

I will be letting go of a Wested off the rack goat CS in size 48. Just worn in the house once.

Any member here without a jacket wear a 48?

Drones33

Steele & Jones

Enthusiastically awaiting the arrival of my new Steele & Jones Raiders jacket. "Can't wait" doesn't even come close...(y)

Joe Browns jacket.

Hi all. Ive got a Joe Browns jacket. No ive nevervheard of one either. It doesnt have action pleats but looks good from the front.

Gonna upgrade to a Wested at some point.

Drones33

My new Steele & Jones Raiders

Ive had several Indy Jackets over the years, the most recent being a custom Last Crusade from Wested in copper novapelle (really nice, still very new looking though, I`ll post some picks shortly) and after seeing the difference between it and my `off the peg` 8 year old Wested goatskin i was intending to replace the latter with a Wested`s hero jacket in shrunken lamb. Then, and I could not believe my luck, I found this on ebay; a Steele & Jones Raiders jacket in super soft Merino Sheepskin, in, amazingly, exactly my size. I made an offer and snapped it up immediately,(Thanks Kev(y) )and I`m delighted with it. Very light, drapes beautifully, first class.
raiders_jacket_1_by_00177840-d9a8vg2.jpg

raiders_jacket_2_by_00177840-d9a8vn2.jpg

Cant re-vote but I now have a cotton wested. Love the fit so its a pre distressed wested raiders on its way tomorrow.

Pics of the cotton jacket are in my Indy gear section if anyone is interested.