The Raven

The Raven (http://raven.theraider.net/index.php)
-   Indiana Jones Trilogy (http://raven.theraider.net/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Temple Of Doom Raft Stunt Photo (http://raven.theraider.net/showthread.php?t=24071)

Blasst 09-19-2017 07:43 PM

Temple Of Doom Raft Stunt Photo
 
Thought I would share this photo that was given to my daughter by Art Vitarelli, who worked on Temple of Doom. He took the photo and has had it all these years, until he found out my daughter was a big fan of the Indy movies and gave it to her. The photo itself is about 12"x17".



InVader 09-19-2017 08:08 PM

That's a cool find! Thanks for sharing. :whip: He wouldn't happen to know if a scene was ever filmed with Indy catching an egg while in the plane, would he? lol

Blasst 09-19-2017 08:59 PM

I can always ask him;)

Pale Horse 09-19-2017 09:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by InVader
That's a cool find! Thanks for sharing. :whip: He wouldn't happen to know if a scene was ever filmed with Indy catching an egg while in the plane, would he? lol



Fantastic Question!

TheFedora 09-19-2017 11:17 PM

Thats a very awesome photo, thank you for sharing! Always amazing to see all the BTS stuff that went into filming the movie.

russds 09-22-2017 02:34 PM

Very cool, thanks for sharing!

Blasst 09-22-2017 05:37 PM

Glad to share the photo with everyone here. I can't figure out where that photo would be in relation to the film itself? I can't find a shot in the movie where they are falling like that when on the raft? And that stunt looks crazy like they are falling into the water with rocks all around etc. Maybe they didn't use that particular shot after editing.

Stoo 10-05-2017 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blasst
Glad to share the photo with everyone here. I can't figure out where that photo would be in relation to the film itself? I can't find a shot in the movie where they are falling like that when on the raft? And that stunt looks crazy like they are falling into the water with rocks all around etc. Maybe they didn't use that particular shot after editing.

Hi, Blasst. That is an amazing photo and it's very kind of you to share it with us. What a special gift for your daughter, too!

You're correct that this take is not in the movie. The stunt must have been done at least twice because, in the film, they are hanging on while facing towards the dinghy. Crazy stunt, indeed! Thanks again. :hat:

Kai Hagen 10-07-2017 01:28 AM

I believe that's the part in which they fall from a plane. The raft slowed down the fall like a parachute.

If it's a deleted scene, I'd feel sorry for the stunt people.

Stoo 10-16-2017 06:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kai Hagen
I believe that's the part in which they fall from a plane.

Are you sure about that? Thanks for letting us know. :rolleyes:

It's not a "deleted scene", it's an alternate take. The scene is in the movie but this is a different version of it.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:08 PM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.