Dietrich's record player

Kooshmeister

What is Dietrich listening to on his record player? It's turned on because when the explosion occurs we hear the 'vrrriiiiiiiiiiiiiiiip' of the needle going off the record, but I don't recall ever actually hearing any music coming from it.

Gear

He was listening to Nirvana's Smells Like Teen Spirit backwards and the "vriiiiiip" we hear is his needle breaking.

Next to his boots...

270.jpg

Kooshmeister

According to the Ultimate Guide, it's Wagner. Apparently, though, they neglected to actually dub it in, because I still can't actually hear anything.

Kooshmeister said:
According to the Ultimate Guide, it's Wagner. Apparently, though, they neglected to actually dub it in, because I still can't actually hear anything.
I'm pretty sure there's the faint strains of something...I've thought it far to difficult to distinguish in the mix though.

Sort of like the 1138 spoken in German in the Submarine Base...it's apocryphal I'm afraid. I've had more than a few German natives listen over and over and there's not an inkling of the numbers there. Likely a case of patternicity.

Montana Smith

Kooshmeister said:

"Siegfried's Funeral March" from Die Götterdämmerung would have been an apt choice.

Stoo

Kooshmeister said:
I can't hear anything either but read somewhere else recently where it stated Wagner. Could it have been the "Raiders" bubble gum cards?:confused:
Montana Smiffy said:
"Siegfried's Funeral March" from Die Götterdämmerung would have been an apt choice.
Love that piece!(y) If he is listening to Wagner, maybe it could, indeed, be the "Funeral March" because it starts off quietly with long pauses. (Incidentally, it is used extensively in "Excalibur", which was released the same year as "Raiders".)

Montana Smith

Stoo said:
Love that piece!(y) If he is listening to Wagner, maybe it could, indeed, be the "Funeral March" because it starts off quietly with long pauses. (Incidentally, it is used extensively in "Excalibur", which was released the same year as "Raiders".)

I heard it first in Excalibur, and have loved it ever since! Such a powerful piece of music (and much less cliched than "The Ride of the Valkyries", which seems to be played every time a helicopter appears on screen).

Montana Smith

Attila the Professor said:
Is there a shot after he moves his feet, so we can check out what the bottles are?

Great shot, by the way.

Mine was just an enlarged and clipped version of the one VP posted. At the moment I haven't got a DVD player on the PC that will take screen caps.

My gripe with Windows 7 64bit is that a lot of the old programs I was familiar with are no longer compatible.

VP said:
Yeah I'm still here and now with HD shots. Just say the scene and I'll get it.

How about the one with the egg just for Stewie? :p