Indiana Jones Soundtracks = Rare

I see that Raiders and Temple of Doom soundtracks are selling on eBay and Amazon.com for very high prices. I own all three soundtracks and they're in mint condition. In fact Last Crusade is still sealed. A friend of mine wanted to buy the Raiders soundtrack from me but I declined his rather generous offer. I suppose I'll regret that if they ever release the complete expanded soundtracks to coincide with Indy 4. Do you think it's best to hold onto the soundtracks or sell them now and make a nice profit? :whip:

JK_Antwon

That?s hard to say. I know they are selling for a lot, but I am hopeful for a re-release of the soundtracks, like with Star wars. It is possible after Indy 4 comes out, and the Young Indy show, maybe they will re-release the trilogy, and soundtracks... but that?s probably asking for a lot!

I would say keep a watch out on Amazon for an upcoming release, and if you see one before they release it, you could still get a pretty penny for them. But I would love to have original pieces of Indy merchandise form when it was released, no matter the profit involved.

Dr.Sartorius

I have both Raiders and Last Crusade on CD but haven't bothered to buy the Temple of Doom import. Maybe we'll see an "Indiana Jones Trilogy - The Complete Recordings" box set soon rather than later.

ClintonHammond said:
Are you a fan because you like the music, or are you a 'collector' only in it to make $$??

I think I'd prefer to just watch the movies now. Best to sell while the going's good. :whip:

Vlad Dracula

I'd be shocked if the soundtracks didn't get reissued soon. I'll wait until I can get them on amazon at regular price.

Montana_Jones

I'd rather wait until they release complete soundtracks. 2 CD's each containing all the cues and tracks in order would be a surefire purchase from me.(y)

HovitosKing

You can get some much better deals on iTunes if you're looking for the Best of John Williams or the Best of the Indiana Jones Trilogy stuff (I don't think they've got the original soundtracks for each film though).

1981arkfan

I have...

(y) I have the original album from cbs records.I bought it from k-mart for $5.97 and still have it all these years.When i lived in long island me and my very good friend kenny would go every saturday to see raiders in the local theater which was only $1.25 for a mat show,we went to the local mall bought it together and listened to it a couple of times but i still have it and treasure it.:gun:

Eric Solo

Raiders Fan Film

I was gonna use the Raiders soundtrack for my fan film, but Lucasfilm has stated you cannot use the copyrighted soundtrack even in a fan film. Your film is ineligible to be in the atomfilms competition if you violate copyright although they do authorize and provide some sound fx.

berelain19

I have all three of them and I'll never part with them!
For Temple of Doom I payed dearly,but damn,did I want this!

Gobi-1

The Jawa Trader in Star Wars Insider were offering all three sound track eight or nine years ago. I'm kicking myself for not ordering them when I had the chance. Hopefully they'll be re-release as 2-Disc sets like the Star Wars soundtracks.

:gun: