Who do you want to authorise the Indy 4 Novelization (Both Adult and Junior Versions)

kongisking

Now that Indy 4 is finally being made, eventually there is gonna be a novelization, right? Well, what would your guys' pick be for who you want to write it?

My choices would probably be either Matthew Stover (great job on Revenge of the Sith), Christopher Golden, or maybe even Clive Cussler (fat chance).

One more thing, what do you guys think of reprints of the Indy Trilogy Novelizations? God, I HOPE THEY DO IT!!!

Viper

I'd write it :cool:

But if I have to pick a different author, I would say either of the two living Indy authors. My #1 pick (besides me) would be Eoin Colfer, but he probably wouldn't do it (he's a sci-fi author).
And on the reprints, I actually hae the LC one, the others would be good though.

HovitosKing

kongisking said:
Now that Indy 4 is finally being made, eventually there is gonna be a novelization, right?

Doesn't matter, film novelizations suck. Books based on a pre-existing screenplay are never as good as the film. I'd rather see a series of novels spurred by the film, but I don't see that as likely to happen due to the underwhelming number of folks who enjoy pleasure reading these days. I too have the LC novel, signed by MacGregor no less.

Indyfan28

I personally would like to see Clive Cussler make an attempt at an Indiana Jones novel. His Dirk Pitt novels are grade-A material and I would like to see how he handles the character of Indy. If not Clive, Matthew Reilly ( read www.sevendeadlywonders.com or Temple) write them.

VP

Moderator Emeritus
HovitosKing said:
Doesn't matter, film novelizations suck. Books based on a pre-existing screenplay are never as good as the film.
Those are completely different things, it always goes like that. Nothing beats the original, whether it is a movie based on a book or a book based on a movie.

Alexandria

I couldn't say as I've only read a few Indy books. :( Where can you get them from? I've read "the genesis deluge", "The curse of the mummy's tomb", and a few others I don't remember the names of now.

Eric Solo

VP said:
Those are completely different things, it always goes like that. Nothing beats the original, whether it is a movie based on a book or a book based on a movie.
Hitchcock's PSYCHO was better than the book. But your statement is usually true. The Green Mile movie comes close to being better than the book. That's why I was crushed when I found out Frank Darabont's script was axed for Indy IV. The man is a genius. I bet his screenplay was (is) awesome. Even Stephen King said it was the best adaptation he'd ever seen.

Last edited:

Eric Solo

by all accounts it was an awesome script. Everyone loved it except for GL. But who's going to argue with GL? Who's going to tell GL "that Jar Jar has got to GO!"? Nobody is....till it's too late. It's like arguing with Elvis.

IndySeven

James Kahn. He wrote the Temple of Doom novelization, and it was awesome. I can't really think of any other good Indy author, but I guess Max McCoy might be good too.

VP

Moderator Emeritus
So Darabont has made some good adaptations of Stephen King prison movies, does that make him the ultimate screenwriter for a completely original Indiana Jones film?

walker

indy novelization announced

Hey everyone
Check out my post re: recently announced indy books for news on who appears to be writing the Indy 4 novelizations (the yound adult and intermediate reader versions anyway...).
walker

Violet

Moderator Emeritus
Go Geoffrey! (y) Writer of Cairo Jim and Jocelyn Osgood. Love those books. Actually, funny you said that, I reading the latest one, "Cairo Jim at the Crossroads of Orpheus." It's good so far. The next one comes out this month apparently, but I'll probably get it for Christmas along with the two Young Indy Volumes of DVDs. Sadly, people outside of Australia, have never heard of Geoffrey or Cairo Jim. If I ever become a top filmmaker, man I will do the Cairo Jim movie. I guarantee it.

Max Allan Collins wrote "The Mummy" adaption and did a great job and have ever since tried to get a copy (I borrowed it from a school library).