Tutankhamun: The Golden King and The Great Pharaohs At Pacific Science Center Seattle

Henry W Jones

stacks_image_276_1.png

http://www.pacificsciencecenter.org/King-Tut/king-tut-the-exhibition

Tutankhamun: The Golden King and The Great Pharaohs
At Pacific Science Center - Seattle, WA
May 24, 2012-January 6, 2013

On display for the last time in North America!

Step into one of history's most treasured stories in Tutankhamun: The Golden King and The Great Pharaohs, opening at Pacific Science Center on May 24, 2012. The exhibition features more than 100 objects from King Tut's tomb and ancient sites representing some of the most important rulers throughout 2,000 years of ancient Egyptian history. With more than twice the number of artifacts than the original Tut exhibit that toured in the 1970s, many of these objects have never toured in the United States before this exhibit. Come face-to-face with the largest image of King Tut ever unearthed - a 10-foot statue of the pharaoh found at the remains of the funerary temple of two of his high officials. See authentic objects from King Tut's tomb including jewelry, furniture and ceremonial items, as well as the boy king's golden sandals - created specifically for the afterlife and covering his feet when his mummified remains were discovered in 1922 by British explorer Howard Carter.

Tutankhamun: The Golden King and The Great Pharaohs is organized by National Geographic and Arts & Exhibitions International, with cooperation from the Egyptian Supreme Council of Antiquities. Northern Trust is a proud cultural partner. American Airlines is the official airline of the exhibition.

Audio guide narrated by Harrison Ford :cool:

I am going to this for sure!!!!!! (y)

Stoo

Henry W Jones said:
Audio guide narrated by Harrison Ford :cool:
This is a continuation of the tour that was in Toronto and New York City as discussed in a previous thread:

King Tut Exhibit

Enjoy it, Henry W and Plaristes.:) An opportunity not to missed, for sure! I've been to the Cairo Museum and was blown away by the ancient craftmenship. Photographs don't do the artifacts justice and seeing the stuff in person is an eye-popping, stunning experience.

Henry W Jones

Stoo said:
This is a continuation of the tour that was in Toronto and New York City as discussed in a previous thread:

King Tut Exhibit

Enjoy it, Henry W and Plaristes.:) An opportunity not to missed, for sure! I've been to the Cairo Museum and was blown away by the ancient craftmenship. Photographs don't do the artifacts justice and seeing the stuff in person is an eye-popping, stunning experience.

Thanks Stoo!!!!! (y) I am extremely excited for this one!!!! :hat: