The Raven

The Raven (http://raven.theraider.net/index.php)
-   Indiana Jones Trilogy (http://raven.theraider.net/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Colonel Ernst Vogel Fan Club (http://raven.theraider.net/showthread.php?t=22707)

Colonel Corey 12-25-2012 04:32 AM

Colonel Ernst Vogel Fan Club

For those of you who think Michael Byrne did a fantastic job of Vogel's character, or you just plain think he's freaking awesome, look no further, my friend. This is a thead dedicated to the Standartenführer, Ernst Vogel! :up: :up: :up:

Please feel free to take my poll above! Thank you all, very, very much!

Von Stalhein 01-01-2013 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Colonel Corey
For those of you who think Michael Byrne did a fantastic job of Vogel's character, or you just plain think he's freaking awesome, look no further, my friend. This is a thead dedicated to the Standartenführer, Ernst Vogel! :up: :up: :up:

Please feel free to take my poll above! Thank you all, very, very much!

I couldn't agree more. I didn't vote for the poll as he has too many other great moments, such as the scene in which he slaps Jones Sr. with his leather glove, the scene in which he marches into the great hall in the castle and firmly places his swagger stick into his armpit, or the one in which he marches along the arcade in Hatay. His high-pitched orgasmic screams, such as the one he utters upon his death, during the tank scene and when the Joneses escape his leather gloved clutches in the castle.

Montana Smith 01-01-2013 11:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Von Stalhein
I couldn't agree more. I didn't vote for the poll as he has too many other great moments, such as the scene in which he slaps Jones Sr. with his leather glove, the scene in which he marches into the great hall in the castle and firmly places his swagger stick into his armpit, or the one in which he marches along the arcade in Hatay. His high-pitched orgasmic screams, such as the one he utters upon his death, during the tank scene and when the Joneses escape his leather gloved clutches in the castle.

I knew some day you'd be walking through Corey's Ernst Vogel Fan Club door!

Quote:

This is a thead dedicated to the Standartenführer, Ernst Vogel!

Vogel was my first target for the thread Military Insignia in the Indiana Jones films.

Von Stalhein 01-05-2013 05:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Montana Smith
I knew some day you'd be walking through Corey's Ernst Vogel Fan Club door!

You know me well...perhaps too well.

Quote:

Vogel was my first target for the thread Military Insignia in the Indiana Jones films.

Well done on having identified all those orders, decorations and medals!

Colonel Corey 01-06-2013 01:15 AM

Quote:

You know me well...perhaps too well.

Well done on having identified all those orders, decorations and medals!

I'm glad that I'm not the only person who is freakin' DYING over awesomenes...because of Vogel! :up:

Nurhachi1991 01-06-2013 03:03 AM

Hooray for Nazis! :up:

Colonel Corey 01-06-2013 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nurhachi1991
Hooray for Nazis! :up:

*Plays Burning The Books Hitler Rally music*

:up: Du DUN, du DUN, du DUN, DUDUDUDUNUN :up:

RKORadio 01-09-2013 03:03 PM

Vogel as the enemy in KoTCS would have been cool.

The Drifter 01-09-2013 03:25 PM

I like Vogel a lot also, but I really like Lao Che. I wished he was explored more in ToD. He is the one Indy villian that got the best of Doctor Jones. He's too smooth.

IndyBr 01-09-2013 05:14 PM

His action figure was a hard one to get... the LC wave was very rare in Brazil, specially Vogel, Elsa and the Knight.
Had to order it internationally, just like the TOD wave.

Montana Smith 01-09-2013 10:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IndyBr
His action figure was a hard one to get...

Especially in black...

RKORadio 01-10-2013 03:35 AM

Is it just me or does the Vogel action figure look constipated?

Mickiana 01-10-2013 03:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RKORadio

Nazism is a form of constipation.:D

Montana Smith 01-10-2013 04:37 AM

Quote:

Maybe that's what made Vogel so irritable.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mickiana
Nazism is a form of constipation. :D

We're back to Freud again, but I think Vogel might actually be anally retentive.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wikipedia

In Freudian psychology, the anal stage is said to follow the oral stage of infant or early-childhood development. This is a time when an infant's attention moves from oral stimulation to anal stimulation (usually the bowels but occasionally the bladder), usually synchronous with learning to control his or her excretory functions, a time of toilet training. Freud theorized that children who experience conflicts during this period of time may develop "anal" personality traits, namely those associated with a child's efforts at excretory control: orderliness, stubbornness, a compulsion for control.[2]

IndyBr 01-10-2013 08:59 AM

Quote:

Especially in black...

That's a really nice custom figure, mine's the regular one.

Von Stalhein 01-11-2013 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Colonel Corey
I'm glad that I'm not the only person who is freakin' DYING over awesomenes...because of Vogel! :up:

There are a few of us out there.

Colonel Corey 01-11-2013 09:31 PM

Quote:

There are a few of us out there.

That's good to know. Thanks for becoming an official Vogel fan!!! :D :hat:

Henry Jones VII 01-15-2013 04:55 AM

It was a great performance. Really creepy villain IMO.

:up:

Kai Hagen 02-02-2013 06:35 AM

He acted out very memorable characters in a lot of movies. After watching LC, I quickly recognized him in A Bridge Too Far and The Sum of All Fears. It's amazing how he was quite unforgettable whether he played as the bad guys or the good guys.

Montana Smith 02-02-2013 07:11 AM

He survived the tank and left the SS briefly to tackle wartime Indy.

RKORadio 02-02-2013 11:42 AM

I like playing that game - seeing an Indy actor in another movie and working out a bizarre plotline to prove that they are really their Indy character.

It works with Doctor Who, too.

Like... at some point during 'Robot', did the fourth Doctor ( still suffering from post-regeneration trauma ) head off in the Tardis and become corrupted by his darker side, growing himself a beard and then facing off against Sinbad?

Or did the second Doctor, during the hypothetical season 6B, become a priest and end up getting skewered by a falling cross, somehow crawling back to The Tardis and then regenerating into Pertwee?
Or perhaps the second Doctor went back to ancient Greece and grew old and blind, eventually meeting Jason during his quest for the Golden Fleece.

Dr. Gonzo 02-02-2013 12:15 PM

Vogel was great...

...especially in "Braveheart".

-yeah he was there.

IndyJoey 02-04-2013 03:06 AM

Quote:

It works with Doctor Who, too.

Like... at some point during 'Robot', did the fourth Doctor ( still suffering from post-regeneration trauma ) head off in the Tardis and become corrupted by his darker side, growing himself a beard and then facing off against Sinbad

I don't remember that happening during Robot, and i have seen all 4 parts of it. Doctor Who is epic. And i wish Indy had managed to shoot Vogel - Nazi Schwein.

RKORadio 02-04-2013 06:09 AM

As I said I was playing the game of "character played by the same actor is really the Doctor" so i was inventing a scenario.

Henry W Jones 02-04-2013 06:32 AM

Quote:

As I said I was playing the game of "character played by the same actor is really the Doctor" so i was inventing a scenario.

What does this have to do with Vogel?