How Old Is Mutt?

Joosse

I believe Shia Laboef is 23 now, so I guess that would make him 21 at the time of shooting Crystal Skull.

Not an answer to your question, but an indication at least... :)

Lao_Che

Mutt's nineteen, born July 1938.

Or 1935 if you believe the profile in one of those Indiana Jones Comics. Figure that one out. ;)

Peru1936

We know Indy and Marion rekindled their relationship in 1936 during and after the events of Raiders. We also know they were no longer together in1938 during the events of Crusade.

It's safe to assume that Mutt was born in 1937 or 1938.

Crystal Skull is set in 1957, so Mutt would be 20 or 21 years old, depending on when he was born.

Montana Smith

I thought I read somewhere that he was conceived during the events of Raiders - possibly on Katanga's ship. But this might just be heresay. That would put Mutt at around 20. That would tie in with your estimation, Peru.

The facetious answer to 'How old is Mutt?' would be, 'not yet old enough to deserve his old man's fedora'.

AnnieJones

Peru1936 said:

Crystal Skull is set in 1957, so Mutt would be 20 or 21 years old, depending on when he was born.
Yes,I agree with Peru1936 on this comment.

If the last time Indy and Marion were together was in mid to late 1937,then he was born in 1938,but if the last time they were together was in mid to late 1936,then he was born in 1937.
However,I don't think that Mutt was conceived in Raiders because Indy and Marion had other adventures together after Raiders as shown in The Further Adventures of Indiana Jones comics.Depending on when they were last together,in the comics,then approximate and deduct 9 months from that time,that's when Mutt was born.
See these links
http://raven.theraider.net/showthread.php?t=6069&page=5
http://indianajones.wikia.com/wiki/The_Further_Adventures_of_Indiana_Jones
http://raven.theraider.net/showthread.php?t=16618

Last edited:

Montana Smith

Meerkat said:
I thought he was 28...He acts like he's a high schooler, though.

You're talking Shia's real age? (Or taking a well-deserved pop at Shia's character? ;) )

If Mutt was 28 Indy would have met Marion again in 1928/1929, yet in Raiders 1936 he hadn't seen her for 10 years.

Shia LBeouf was born 11th June 1986, so in KOTCS 2008 he was actually 22.

I would go along with Peru's and Annie's superior knowledge of the expanded universe, and agree that in KOTCS Mutt is 20 or 21.

Stoo

Montana Smith said:
I would go along with Peru's and Annie's superior knowledge of the expanded universe, and agree that in KOTCS Mutt is 20 or 21.
Lao Che got it right with 19. Peru is on the right track but his math is off.:p:whip:
Montana Smith said:
I thought I read somewhere that he was conceived during the events of Raiders - possibly on Katanga's ship. But this might just be heresay.
Actually, we have talked about that...

Mutt Williams' conception?
Mutt's origins

Montana Smith

Stoo said:
Lao Che got it right with 19. Peru is on the right track but his math is off.:p:whip:

You mean to say that all that stuff about nine months is for real. So where do the stork and the vine-swinging monkeys come in? :confused: :p

Stoo said:
Actually, we have talked about that...

Must have read it back in my days as a lurker.

Stoo

Montana Smith said:
You mean to say that all that stuff about nine months is for real. So where do the stork and the vine-swinging monkeys come in?:confused::p
I mean to say that: 1938 to 1957 = 19 years. Peru got the approx. dates right but wrote 20-21 instead of 19-20.;):gun:
Peru1936 said:

AnnieJones

Stoo said:
I mean to say that: 1938 to 1957 = 19 years. Peru got the approx. dates right but wrote 20-21 instead of 19-20.;):gun:
Then Stoo,when was the last year Indy and Marion where together in The Further Adventures of Indiana Jones comics?

Montana Smith

Stoo said:

With ten fingers and ten toes I should've been able to do the math myself! :eek:

Goonie

Montana Smith said:
I thought I read somewhere that he was conceived during the events of Raiders - possibly on Katanga's ship. But this might just be heresay.

How could he be conceived on Katanga's ship when Indy fell asleep? :whip: ;)

Montana Smith

Goonie said:

I figured he wasn't asleep the whole time. Marion was up for it, and even though Indy was exhausted and hurting from head to toe, he does have a reputation to keep up, and Marion is a determined lady...

Though, even if they did, it looks as though Mutt was conceived in 1938.

Stoo

Goonie said:
Too early for Mutt's conception but it's very possible that Indy & Marion did *it* which is why I posted the link. I used to think he slept the whole night but my mind was changed. Check the top of page 2: Mutt Williams' conception?
Montana Smith said:
Though, even if they did, it looks as though Mutt was conceived in 1938.
As Lao Che mentioned above, he was born July 1938*, so the conception could've/would've/should've been c.Sept. '37.;)

*this is from the infamous "Ultimate Guide" but it's pretty much all there is to go on.
AnnieJones said:
Then Stoo,when was the last year Indy and Marion where together in The Further Adventures of Indiana Jones comics?
1936. Marvel may have had a plan to bring her back (in the mythical #35) but we never go to see it.

AnnieJones

Stoo said:
As Lao Che mentioned above, he was born July 1938*, so the conception could've/would've/should've been c.Sept. '37.;)

*this is from the infamous "Ultimate Guide" but it's pretty much all there is to go on.
Then it's settled,he was conceived sometime in September 1937.If the Ultimate Guide is correct,it's the only timing that makes sense.

Last edited: