Raiders Fedora

Bullwhip Jones

I need a Raiders hat, keppler, garrison, ab henry, anything. Preferably rabbit as it comes cheaper than beaver. $100-$150 price range, nothing more please.

indyclone25

todds costumes.com has the downtowner for 79.95 and it looks very raiderish, i have two and i love these hats .made from fine fur felt. something to consider i have posted pics elsewhere on the boards, i also have video on youtube that i have done reiviews on youtube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EJ0FA694JR4
check it out

like i said in the video todd has lowered the crown a bit and it looks great!, hope this helps .

DoomsdayFAN

That's really good to know. Thank you! Their web site has some great looking stuff. The only downside is they're WAY too expensive on some of their stuff ($80+ for a shirt?! HA!!!) Otherwise though, they've got a great looking stuff. I really want to go as Indy next year, but in order for me to buy the entire costume from them, it would be like $900+ dollars. A bit much. So I'll probably end up just buying the bare essentials from them, and the rest I'll just do with what I can find locally. toddscostumes.com is a cool site though. The hats look amazing!

DoomsdayFAN

Is that one from his site? I just want whichever one looks most like the one from Raiders.

Realistically, I'll probably buy only these from todds:

Hat
Jacket
Whip
Shoe's
Statchel

The pants and shirt are too expensive. I'll just have to make that up as I go along. Plus, the shirt will be covered by the jacket anyway. ;)

I just have to figure out the right size for everything and then I'll be good.

p10anniv

DoomsdayFAN said:
That's really good to know. Thank you! Their web site has some great looking stuff. The only downside is they're WAY too expensive on some of their stuff ($80+ for a shirt?! HA!!!) Otherwise though, they've got a great looking stuff. I really want to go as Indy next year, but in order for me to buy the entire costume from them, it would be like $900+ dollars. A bit much. So I'll probably end up just buying the bare essentials from them, and the rest I'll just do with what I can find locally. toddscostumes.com is a cool site though. The hats look amazing!

I agree with you. I think the pants were $80 and the shirt was $50. The shirts and pants are easy to find else where. I started my own Indy outfit with stuff I already owned, like the pants and the jacket. I bought the Raiders holster from Todds because I was unable to find one in town, I tried gunshops and pawn shops and was having no luck. I bought a Indy looking hat at a hat store in town that is a fur felt for $180, I found some Redwing boots that I liked better than the Todds version, but that is the most expensive item. I found a whip at a horse supply and western clothing store that is a 6 foot prop whip for $20 ( plan to buy a real one next year ) I have a couple of kiki shirts but they are not film correct. I bought a army field bag at a local Army/ Navy store that looks similar but not exactly like the gas mask bag for $25. I did find the kaki brass belt that is exactly like Indy's at that store for $6. I found a leather loop to hold the whip for $11, and I already own a black leather belt. If your willing to have items that are similar, but not film correct, you can find some good deals out there.

Last edited:

DoomsdayFAN

I can't find a price for it. And actually, comparing it to the Raiders hat from Todds... the Todds one looks better from what I can tell. Indyclone25 made a video wearing one, and it looked great! ;)

Mickiana

I'm not against the Todd's one, it's just that I have the Akubra and it's a great hat. Tough as nails, looks great and is affordable. Penman's is better but costs more and it's worth it!

Mickiana

In Australian prices, between $112.50 and $173.50, ranging from the Federation to the Deluxe Federation. Apparently they consulted with Mark Cross of Indygear and Steve Delk, maker of CS's hats. They have a disclaimer of being affiliated with Lucas. It looks like an Indy hat no doubt. Wear it in public and it will be noticed for this.

The Penman Raiders is very screen accurate in form and colour, more than the Akubra, is not as stiff as the Akubra but is a fantastic hat. With John Penman's devotion and single handed attention it's no wonder he has produced this great product. Worth saving up for!

mikieson

Mickiana said:
In Australian prices, between $112.50 and $173.50, ranging from the Federation to the Deluxe Federation. Apparently they consulted with Mark Cross of Indygear and Steve Delk, maker of CS's hats. They have a disclaimer of being affiliated with Lucas. It looks like an Indy hat no doubt. Wear it in public and it will be noticed for this.

The Penman Raiders is very screen accurate in form and colour, more than the Akubra, is not as stiff as the Akubra but is a fantastic hat. With John Penman's devotion and single handed attention it's no wonder he has produced this great product. Worth saving up for!

My only complaint about my Fed IV is the color isnt INDY..Im sure with time,ware,tare,sun,ect it would change, but as new?..NO..its way off...BUT the construction is superb and the dimensions and such are pretty spot on. I formed mine into a KOTCS and ive got lots of complements how accurate it is.

mikieson

DoomsdayFAN said:
Is that one from his site? I just want whichever one looks most like the one from Raiders.

Realistically, I'll probably buy only these from todds:

Hat
Jacket
Whip
Shoe's
Statchel

The pants and shirt are too expensive. I'll just have to make that up as I go along. Plus, the shirt will be covered by the jacket anyway. ;)

I just have to figure out the right size for everything and then I'll be good.
Well I can say Ive never in my 40 years bought clothes as expensive as my TODDS..BUT I can also say they are made with great care. They are as screen accurate as you can get. AND they are extremely comfortable. They did a fantastic job.

If I could afford them, I would definitely by 4 more pairs of the pants. I bought the shirt, pants,satchel and it was 195$ish s/h to my door..ALL the items are perfect. AND honestly worth is in the eye of the beholder..AND keep in mind,I dont like paying over 20-30$ TOPS for pants. I shop at walmart,salvation army,dollar store ect...im cheep..:)