The Avengers

RedeemedChild

In an attempt to gain fury for the upcoming The Avengers movie Marvel and the Walt Disney Company have announced a new television series known as The Avergers: Earth's Mightest Heroes which will on the the teenage/young adult GameStop generation channel of Walt Disney known as Disney XD.

5324new_storyimage3403846_full.jpg

The Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes." Production on 26 half-hour episodes is already underway using the production services of Film Roman, producer of "The Simpsons" and "King of the Hill.

"The Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes" is an all-new property featuring some of Marvel's all-time favorite characters including Iron Man, Hulk, Captain America, Thor, Giant Man and Wasp. When the planet is threatened by super villains, time traveling conquerors, alien invaders, mythical monsters you can count on the The Avengers to save the day.

The Avengers are the best of the best for they are indeed Earth's greatest heroes who take on the most dangerous of foes.

The Avengers movie is set for Summer 2011.

http://marvel.com/news/comicstories.11921.unlimited_highlights~colon~_the_original_avengers

YouNeverKnow

If they can do it as well as Batman: The Brave and the Bold has been handled you can count me completely on board. The BEST superhero team ever.

RedeemedChild

Goonie said:
Um, I thought Avengers is coming out 2012. Thor and Captain America are in theaters next summer.

That's what I thought to. I'm disappointed that the Tron TV series is being pushed back to 2011. Hopefully Tron TV won't be CGI animated.

Cole

RedeemedChild said:
That's a sad bit of news. How disappointing.

I'm also sad that Tobey Maguire won't be reprising his role as Peter Parker.
I can live with Maguire not reprising the role because they're "re-booting" Spider-Man now, which just seems like a completely useless thing to do.

Very sad news about Edward Norton and 'The Avengers.' There's so much hype and build-up towards that movie. They're getting off on the wrong foot now. 'The Incredible Hulk' was a great film.

Montana Smith

Cole said:
I can live with Maguire not reprising the role because they're "re-booting" Spider-Man now, which just seems like a completely useless thing to do.

Very sad news about Edward Norton and 'The Avengers.' There's so much hype and build-up towards that movie. They're getting off on the wrong foot now. 'The Incredible Hulk' was a great film.

Norton's Hulk was a huge improvement over Bana's Banner. On top of that, Norton's departure doesn't sound very friendly, so they definitely are getting off on the wrong foot.

Lance Quazar

Edward Norton has a reputation for being difficult, but Kevin Feige's statement was out of line and inappropriate, no matter what went on behind the scenes.

This is very disappointing. The whole point of "Avengers" was to finally get a huge live-action shared universe with terrific actors and filmmakers collaborating on a collective effort.

Tony Stark's cameo in "Hulk" is arguably going to be the biggest piece of star-driven crossover - forget about throwaway stuff like the Thor hammer scene being shoved into "Iron Man 2". And, as much as I love Clark Gregg's Agent Coulson, his appearance in "Thor" doesn't have the same cachet.

So now we have yet ANOTHER actor replacement in this shared universe (after Terrence Howard in "Iron Man"). Kinda defeats the purpose of a big "Shared universe" if the roles keep getting recast.

RedeemedChild

Cole said:

I know and I don't like it. The Maguire Spider Man movies were wonderful and I enjoyed them and don't see the need to "re-boot" them. Nor do I like the actor they've chosen for Peter Parker.

Nor do I like the fact that Norton won't be back.

RedeemedChild

Lance Quazar said:
Edward Norton has a reputation for being difficult, but Kevin Feige's statement was out of line and inappropriate, no matter what went on behind the scenes.

This is very disappointing. The whole point of "Avengers" was to finally get a huge live-action shared universe with terrific actors and filmmakers collaborating on a collective effort.

Tony Stark's cameo in "Hulk" is arguably going to be the biggest piece of star-driven crossover - forget about throwaway stuff like the Thor hammer scene being shoved into "Iron Man 2". And, as much as I love Clark Gregg's Agent Coulson, his appearance in "Thor" doesn't have the same cachet.

So now we have yet ANOTHER actor replacement in this shared universe (after Terrence Howard in "Iron Man"). Kinda defeats the purpose of a big "Shared universe" if the roles keep getting recast.

I really hope that Marvel will bring Terrence Howard back into the Iron Man movies and cast him in The Avengers. I really liked Terrence Howard in the first Iron Man film and it would be more than ridiculous to not cast him in The Avengers.

On the otherhand I know Marvel will be sure to keep Samuel Jackson on the line-up for The Avengers as they'd be more than mad to let him slip away.

If Invisible Woman is on hand for the Avengers I hope they'll use Grace Park instead of the lest favorable Jessica Alba.

Lance Quazar

RedeemedChild said:
I really hope that Marvel will bring Terrence Howard back into the Iron Man movies and cast him in The Avengers. I really liked Terrence Howard in the first Iron Man film and it would be more than ridiculous to not cast him in The Avengers.

On the otherhand I know Marvel will be sure to keep Samuel Jackson on the line-up for The Avengers as they'd be more than mad to let him slip away.

If Invisible Woman is on hand for the Avengers I hope they'll use Grace Park instead of the lest favorable Jessica Alba.

Terrence Howard won't be back, that ship has sailed. And the "Fantastic Four" movies are in no way connected to the "Avengers" project and related films, those characters will not appear.

RedeemedChild

Lance Quazar said:
Terrence Howard won't be back, that ship has sailed. And the "Fantastic Four" movies are in no way connected to the "Avengers" project and related films, those characters will not appear.

Thanks Lance Quazar. I also had a horrible feeling that Fantastic Four was unreleated to The Avengers. Nevertheless, I hope Grace Park will appear in at lest one Disney, DC Comics and Marvel movie.

BTW are you on Twitter Lance?

Cole

I hate all these character/actor discrepencies.

First, Katie Holmes then Maggie Gyllenhall.

Then Terrence Howard/Don Cheadle.

Now Edward Norton/somebody else.

It kinda cheapens it...

RedeemedChild

Lance Quazar said:
Nah, I'm too old for that crap.

But thanks for the interest.
:gun:

No problem Lance.

BTW Cole, I share your sentiments. I feel the exact same way. It cheapens everything.

At lest The Chronicles of Narnia are keeping the same actors and the sae magical quality of the firs movie even though te project is being tossed around from Disney to Fox and now to Warner Brothers. However, I'm sure Warner Brothers will do a good job with Narnia since they are the people behind Harry Potter.

As fr Marvel? Who can say?

kongisking

Cole said:
I hate all these character/actor discrepencies.

First, Katie Holmes then Maggie Gyllenhall.

Then Terrence Howard/Don Cheadle.

Now Edward Norton/somebody else.

It kinda cheapens it...

Richard Harris/Michael Gambon is the worst, in my opinion, even though it HAD to happen after the death of Harris. Ugh, what a terrible botching of the character.

michael

I'm personally starting to yawn with all these comic book movies, they've overstayed their welcome. Wake me when Nolan's final Batman effort comes out.