Anyone own an authentic prop?

Canyon

ClintonHammond said:
No gear, Canyon?!?!?!

For shame!

LOL

CH, these pictures were taken before I even owned a fedora. ;)

*sigh* I would love to go back to Jordan some day...

Would it be safe to call those pics then BGE... as in Before your Gear Era Heh

Maybe a good excuse to play around with Photoshop eh!

There's an exibit of artifacts from that site touring Canada right now... If it comes close enough, I might have to go see...

JRDspal

Name that Indy location contest!

Canyon said:

Thanks for the pics. Very nice pics of Petra in Jordan. I read about Petra in my college classes. I'm still wondering about the Amazon meadow location, where is it?

Movie locations are my hobby. I specialize in scifi locations, Trek specifically.
JRDspal

roundshort

This may be the coolest thing ever posted here! I will eb in HI for about a week (for work, yeah right). I may have to get to this island! Thanks for the great insite!

San Holo

ba100583 said:
That meadow is on Kauai, in HI. I have been there as well, cool place! That was actually one of the tougher places to find.

For more on my Indy location hunts, see:

http://tiger.towson.edu/~baling1/Kauai/kauai.html

http://tiger.towson.edu/~baling1/Kairouan/kair.html

http://tiger.towson.edu/~baling1/Tanis/tanis.html

Take care,
-Brandon
Hey Brandon, Welcome to the Raven. Those are some awsone pics. I'm going to Kauai in July and staying on the east coast of the island. What is the easiest way to find these spots?

Johan

Brandon...where have you been this whole time. I have to agree with roundshort that this is quite possible the coolest thing ever posted on the raven. You have just raised the bar in Indy fandom.

M.C.

Hello to all of you !!

I'm French and new on this forum ( but an old indyfan...):cool:

Hey Brandon, you forgot this place ( my girlfriend in one of the tanis dig set:Tunisia,)
indy.jpg

To get back on topic - I own 3 original props. From ROTLA - I own the miniature of the Ark used at the end of the film when it shots into the sky. From TOD - I recently purchased a Thugee bow from the Profiles in History auction. And from TLC - I have the minature of Sean Connery used in the shots when he's in the plane they escape from the Zepplin in.

To further add to Indy locations thread - I had the good fortune to visit and catalog the plane from ROTLA. It was made all the more fun because I went with renowned archeologist Dr. David West Reynolds. I've attached 2 pictures of the trip - drop me a line if you'd like more and I'll post them back at throwmetheidol.com.

-les

ROTLA_plane.jpg

ROTLA_plane-les.jpg

M.C.

You're right ! to get back on topic, i have an original bow and bug from ToD a sword ( used when indy fight with 2 thuggee before go on the bridge ) a nazi jacket from LC a skull from venice catacombs and a stunt whip from LC ( used as training ) a nazi jacket from Raiders parts of the flying wing and the very first idol made for the production...and 2 crew jackets

JEEP

ClintonHammond said:
For that kinda money I'd buy a dozen REAL swords....

It is a real sword - it's a Del Tin 2120. A copy of the so called Sword of Charlemagne from the early 13.c. - the former coronation sword of France.

Del Tin makes fairly priced quality replicas of historical swords for the WMA and re-enactment community and sometimes for the film industry as well :)

/Jakob

When I say real sword, I mean a sword, pattern welded by hand over an anvil, that can be used in 'battle'...

(You know... the kind of sword most people refuse to own, because there is day-to-day maintenance that one needs to do on it....)

JEEP

ClintonHammond said:
When I say real sword, I mean a sword, pattern welded by hand over an anvil, that can be used in 'battle'...

(You know... the kind of sword most people refuse to own, because there is day-to-day maintenance that one needs to do on it....)

Pattern welded?! Medieval swords weren't pattern welded. Many oriental and asian blades are - and quite a few roman, iron age and viking blades were. Pattern welding is a technique used in order to compensate for poor steel quality (and sometimes for the looks off course). The quality of the steel used in medieval europe was quite high - therefore blades could be forged in much simpler ways.

And what is this day-to-day maintenace you are talking about? Wiping a sword with oil after use - and the occational sharpening doesn't contain much work.

I handle swords almost daily - either for sparring, test cutting (modern reproductions) or as a part of my education (originals).

/Jakob

JRDspal

Long Beach Con 08 and locations

Canyon said:
Last month I attended a huge Indy summit that took place on the Queen Mary, Long Beach, in California.

Been lost for awhile since the forums changed IPs and account died....

Anyone know if there will be another Con in Long Beach Calif or anywhere else in '08?

I got to ride in the Tri-motor aircraft from ToD at an airshow in Camarillo California. A great military and civilian local airshow. A fun comfortable luxurious ride not to be missed.

Last edited: