Sideshow Indy Up For Preorder Now!!!

Michael24

I did place a pre-order for the regular edition after creating the new account, but I can't understand why I now can't log back in. I just finished dinner, so I'm gonna try again.

Last edited:

Little Indy

SOLD OUT, SON OF A B!T@# I hate my job no computer access all day. I'm on the waiting list anyone know the chances of this coming up on the waiting list? Anyone out there buy multiples they are willing to part with? Holy crap they came and went fast.

The_Raiders

Little Indy said:
SOLD OUT, SON OF A B!T@# I hate my job no computer access all day. I'm on the waiting list anyone know the chances of this coming up on the waiting list? Anyone out there buy multiples they are willing to part with? Holy crap they came and went fast.

You can still get the regulat edition. Only the exlusive is sold out.

Mr. Fusion

Little Indy said:

I've been on Sideshow's Wait List before and it rarely goes anywhere. It never has for me. And there was a 1 piece limit to buyers on the Exclusive version, but like The_Raiders said, the regular version is still available and will be for several weeks.(y)

And if you really want an exclusive, your best bet will be eBay in about 4 or 5 months (when the figure starts shipping).

Little Indy

Mr. Fusion said:
I've been on Sideshow's Wait List before and it rarely goes anywhere. It never has for me. And there was a 1 piece limit to buyers on the Exclusive version, but like The_Raiders said, the regular version is still available and will be for several weeks.(y)

And if you really want an exclusive, your best bet will be eBay in about 4 or 5 months (when the figure starts shipping).

AAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH yeah but that will be for like 500 dollars!! :mad:

Deckard

A few new shots of differant angles I took :

1-1.jpg

2-1.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

Maybe.Not Today

Oh no!! I was hoping that this wouldn't have a preorder for a couple months so I could put aside some mnoney for it! Now the exclusive is all sold out, and i'm sure it won't be long before the regular version is too..:(

Billy Ray

Here is a shot of the new "Prometheus" body as compared to the old "Art S. Buck" body. Very nice!
021408_newbody01.jpg

And some info on the new body:
Some great new developments are being made in Sideshow figure design to create exacting character representations, including the use of two new 12-inch male bodies! The Prometheus body, created by the Sideshow Collectibles Design and Development Team, has forms to fill out traditional garments more naturally, with smoother contours and muscle features. It also employs ball-joints at the wrists and ankles to give these areas a very wide range of articulation! The Armored Figure body, created in collaboration with Hot Toys, has a slimmer build to fit into armored costumes without looking bulky. Click on the following photo to get a closer look at the two and how they compare to our classic Art S. Buck bodies, and watch out for these new bodies in action as they’re used in some fantastic new 12-inch figures, such as our new Indiana Jones and General Obi-Wan Kenobi and many more to come!

And from Sideshow's "Production Blog", here is their "Behind the Scenes with Indy":
Sideshow’s new Indiana Jones Raiders of the Lost Ark 12-inch figure comes with a hefty bundle of primo accessories, and to celebrate this outstanding and inclusive launch of our Indiana Jones collectibles, we thought we’d give you a little insider information about this much-anticipated addition to the Sideshow Collectibles catalog.

Sideshow placed top priority on creating a truly high-end Indiana Jones collectible line. A primary step in the process was capturing a great likeness of Harrison Ford as Indiana Jones, which you can see in-process by clicking on the head sculpt images, below.

Additionally, premium details have been added to the costuming, like working pockets and pouches, plus a supple, easily customizable, leather-like material for the jacket. An extensive accessory list is also included to really flesh-out the Raiders of the Lost Ark Indy figure. If you take a look at the host of 1:6th scale accessories that will be included with the figure, you’ll see that the figure comes with nearly every significant item that Indy deals with in the movie, and it doesn’t stop there. He comes with a total of four sets of hands and even includes a switch-out second head with a detached hat so you can display an unadorned Indy without hat hair! Click the following links to view Indy’s product page and accessory list: [Exclusive Edition] [Regular Edition]

The Sideshow Collectibles Design & Development Team really spared no detail in creating this amazing piece for Indy lovers, and collectors can expect to see additional figures join the line-up as our Indiana Jones 12-inch license unfolds in the coming years!

Mr. Fusion

Yeah, I'm loving the new Prometheus body. I've always been a fan of the "Buck" body, but this new one blows it away. It really looks (to me) like a Hot Toys body fused with a Medicom figure.

It'll be hard to make figures with exposed skin, though. I guess they'll have to stick with the Buck body for that.

Katarn07

The old body looks better for loin-clothed astronauts. But since the majority of our figures are fully clothed, who cares what they look like as long as they have better range of motion?! Can't wait to play with it. I wonder if it's as poseable as Dragon Models' bodies. They used to be the best of the best.

Little Indy

Billy Ray said:
Indy is not sold out, just the exclusive version is. The regular edition it still available:
http://www.sideshowtoy.com/cgi-bin/category.cgi?item=3905
The only difference is that he doesn't come with the torch and dart (the exclusive items). There is also no limit to how many of the regular edition you can order. Unless you have to have the torch and dart, you can still get one.

OK Sorry to confuse everyone. Yes I know that they still have the Regular Limited Edition. I started panicking because the Exclusive edition had sold out. My apologies for crying wolf. I should have just cried puppy instead. Thanks for trying to keep me straight everyone.

Billy Ray

No sweat, just trying to help out. I have seen a lot of reports around the web of Indy being sold out, when in reality it is only the exclusive version that is sold out.

Also, there is a limit of two figures for the non-exclusive Indy, unlike the exclusive.

I managed to get the exclusive by sheer luck, but it wouldn't have broken my heart not to get the torch and dart if I hadn't. That is what is great about Sideshow, they usually make the exclusive item something that is cool, but not integral to the character. They could have easily made it something like the Browning automatic, the sandbag, or the idol...but they give us all those standard:D

Billy Ray

The_Raiders said:
Well my mom took pity on me and pre-ordered it. But she said I owe her every penny I get! So I need to raise my $30! :eek: But yeah we had to make a whole new account too. :rolleyes:

You've got a great mom there...you should tell her you love her every day;)

Billy Ray

MaxPhactor23 said:
What are people seeing in this? I really don’t think it looks much like Harrison at all - but that’s me.
:confused:

MaxPhactor23 said:
I’ll pass on their Indy and pray they do a Mola Ram! For now I’ll stick with their Gandalf - now that’s a good looking figure. :whip:

Gotta agree with you there, Gandalf is amazing! Really wish I had the money to collect the LOTR line. Sideshow's Star Wars line is killing me as is (and I don't get every figure)...and now Indy:eek:

Katarn07

Billy Ray said:
You've got a great mom there...you should tell her you love her every day;)

For sure! I'm really happy for you man! Work your butt off for that money and take pride in your work knowing what the payoff is going to be ;)

Mr. Fusion

Yeah, I'm glad they made the exclusive something unnecessary. I really like some of their exclusives, though. Like the ANH Han Solo's "Cantina" blaster (aka the "Greedo Killer"). I ordered that one for myself.:)

Billy Ray

I agree on ANH Han, I had to get the exclusive with him...but it still wasn't something that was a must have for most folks. Most people didn't even know their was a "Greedo Killer" and a lot of people complained about it.:rolleyes: I also got the exclusive Leia/Boussh and ANH Luke, but both of those were by sheer luck. Han was the first time I actually tried to get the exclusive.

I wouldn't miss the torch and dart with Indy, but I am happy that I got the esclusive just the same. I think it's awesome that he comes with the Browning too, that's almost on par with Han's "Greedo Killer". The common collector probably doesn't even know that Indy actually used that gun on screen...but we are a little different here;)