The original airing order?

tupogirl

Does anyone remember or know what it was?

I have a general idea, but our shows were constantly preempted for Pocono Races.

Egypt08/Mexico16 = March 92
London 16 = 3/92
Roosevelt =3/92

I think they took a break over the summer?

Verdun 16 = 10/92
Peking = 10/92
British East Africa 16 = 10/92
Congo 16 = 10/92

I'm going by the order on the trading cards and this doesn't seem totally right either.

I thought Peking was in spring of 93 but maybe I'm confusing it with Vienna.

The one with the two princes, the one with DeGaulle and Somme were all in fall of 92, I think.

Mystery of the Blues Chicago 20 = 3/93 (it aired during our Super Storm/Blizzard, I thought we were going to lose power for it)

Corey Carrier episode near Easter.

Paris 16 = 7/93
Ireland 16 = 7/93

I know I missed an SPF one that summer that didn't get taped and the Scandal of 1920 was preempted.

That's all I can think of...

Thanks in advance.

Stoo

This was the ABC schedule:

92 Mar 04 - Curse of the Jackal
92 Mar 11 - London
92 Mar 18 - British East Africa
92 Mar 25 - Verdun
92 Apr 01 - German East Africa
92 Apr 08 - Congo
---
92 Sep 21 - Austria
92 Sep 28 - Somme
92 Oct 05 - Germany
92 Oct 12 - Barcelona
---
93 Mar 13 - Mystery of the Blues (HUGE snow blizzard that night! You're right!)
93 Mar 20 - Princeton, 1916
93 Mar 27 - Petrograd
93 Apr 03 - Scandal of 1920 (Happy birthday to me;) )
93 Apr 10 - Vienna
93 Apr 17 - Northern Italy
---
93 Jun 05 - Phantom Train of Doom
93 Jun 12 - Ireland
93 Jun 19 - Paris, 1908
93 Jun 26 - Peking
93 July 03 - Benares
93 July 10 - Paris, 1916
93 July 17 - Istanbul
93 July 24 - Paris, 1919

Hope this helps!:whip:

tupogirl

Why yes, yes it does! Thank you very much!
Things make a bit more sense now.:p

93 Jun 05 - Phantom Train of Doom
93 Jun 12 - Ireland
93 Jun 19 - Paris, 1908
93 Jun 26 - Peking
93 July 03 - Benares
93 July 10 - Paris, 1916
93 July 17 - Istanbul
93 July 24 - Paris, 1919

Out of all of these, only *three* were shown on my local channel (Ireland, Peking and Paris 1916). That is so crazy!

It's interesting too that Peking is in the Young Indy trading card set when it was shown so far away from the others.

Stoo

I think Peking is in the trading card set because it was one of the earlier filmed episodes.

When "Phantom Train" aired it was in the middle of the afternoon! I was about to leave the house
and quickly checked the TV Guide to see what was coming on that night. Saw that title listed
and it was starting in 2 minutes! You've never seen someone move so fast to the VCR. I flew!:D

phantom train

I also remember the blizzard during the original airing of "Mystery of the Blues"!

Thanks for the info., Stoo - this is good to know for those of us who watched the show when it was originally on. If memory serves, in '92 the show was on during the week and then was switched to Saturday at some point in '93. I think this time switch was intentional on the network's part - the show wasn't doing that well to begin with, so they had it air during a night that is almost guarenteed to cancel a show.

tupogirl

Stoo said:
I think Peking is in the trading card set because it was one of the earlier filmed episodes.

When "Phantom Train" aired it was in the middle of the afternoon! I was about to leave the house
and quickly checked the TV Guide to see what was coming on that night. Saw that title listed
and it was starting in 2 minutes! You've never seen someone move so fast to the VCR. I flew!:D

I was trying to remember the order of the nights of the week they aired too. Wednesday, Friday, Saturday. It was confusing.

And actually, they actually aired 4, not 3, but one did not get taped:p. That was a *bad* summer in my life!

LOL at the mental image of you at the VCR.

I know when I was on bedrest with my first pregnancy in 00, USA ran some of the episodes during the day. That was nice of them. :)

That makes sense about Peking. It'd be interesting to find out what the filming order was. I was reading something the other day that seemed to have a bit of an overview, old SPF interview about it.

Stoo

phantom train said:
I also remember the blizzard during the original airing of "Mystery of the Blues"!
I have GIGANTIC BLIZZARD WARNINGS that scroll across the bottom of my screen during the beginning of my copy.:(
The TV reception went out before the show was about to begin and I freaked. Miracously, it came on just as it started!:D
That was a BIG storm!
phantom train said:
Thanks for the info., Stoo - this is good to know for those of us who watched the show when it was originally on. If memory serves, in '92 the show was on during the week and then was switched to Saturday at some point in '93. I think this time switch was intentional on the network's part - the show wasn't doing that well to begin with, so they had it air during a night that is almost guarenteed to cancel a show.
I think the Saturday thing started in summer '93 with "Phantom Train", phantom train.
It's still hard to believe that one of the most action-packed episodes was relegated to
a sunny, Saturday afternoon in June!(n) From what I recall, the show had already
been cancelled but, for contractual obligations, they had to finish airing the episodes
so they were put in the worst imaginable time-slots available.

Lucky for me, if I missed (or screwed up recording) the ABC broadcasts, they were always
shown again on Canada's CTV. Longer edits sometimes, too!(y)

I have the airdates for the non-U.S. episodes and the Family Channel movies, if you want those.

tupogirl

Stoo said:
I have GIGANTIC BLIZZARD WARNINGS that scroll across the bottom of my screen during the beginning of my copy.:(
The TV reception went out before the show was about to begin and I freaked. Miracously, it came on just as it started!:D
That was a BIG storm!
I think the Saturday thing started in summer '93 with "Phantom Train", phantom train.

I have the airdates for the non-U.S. episodes and the Family Channel movies, if you want those.

Those airdates would be cool to see. I don't remember the Family Channel dates *at all*. I would even sometimes tape them and watch them much later.

I did a trade for all the episodes someone taped of Young Indy a few years back. The guy had taped 'Blues' in the state next to mine (I was in PA, he was in New Jersey). So while we got tons and tons of snow, they had warnings for sleet and hail. It was cool to see that.

Adamwankenobi

It must have been cool in a way to have watched "Mystery of the Blues" during that snowstorm, since the bookends take place during a snowstorm. :p

TalonCard

Am I reading this right? If someone was watching in the order the episodes were broadcast, they'd've seen Indy meet up with Picasso again during WWI before he met him for the first time in 1908? Crazy!

TC

Junior Jones

TalonCard said:
Am I reading this right? If someone was watching in the order the episodes were broadcast, they'd've seen Indy meet up with Picasso again during WWI before he met him for the first time in 1908? Crazy!

Actually it was pretty cool.

When Indy re-introduces himself, he briefly describes their first meeting. Then Picasso says, "Of course I remember you. Norman!"
And Indy says, "No, Norman Rockwell was the other kid. I'm Indiana Jones."

Watching when it first aired, I was thinking, "What did he say? Norman Rockwell?!" and I just anticipated the next episodes even more.

Actually things like that happened a lot. Like in "German East Africa", Indy gets shot but is saved by the locket around his neck. He opens it, and the viewer is thinking "That's not his mom! Who is that girl?"
It wasn't until a year later that "Vienna" was broadcast and we found out who she was.

tupogirl

Adamwankenobi said:
It must have been cool in a way to have watched "Mystery of the Blues" during that snowstorm, since the bookends take place during a snowstorm. :p

It was! And it had been really warm a few days before the storm and I remember being at the mall buying Young Indy books:).

tupogirl

TalonCard said:

TC

Hehe, it was fun!

We also saw him with Hemingway in Chicago before he met him. I remember being so thrilled to see him again in the Italy episode.

TalonCard

Junior Jones said:
When Indy re-introduces himself, he briefly describes their first meeting. Then Picasso says, "Of course I remember you. Norman!"

And here I was thinking I'd missed out by not watching them in order. ;) I loved that part!

TC

tupogirl

TalonCard said:
And here I was thinking I'd missed out by not watching them in order. ;) I loved that part!

TC

The older I get and the more I watch them, the more I see and get different things out of.

phantom train

Junior Jones said:

Watching when it first aired, I was thinking, "What did he say? Norman Rockwell?!" and I just anticipated the next episodes even more.

Actually things like that happened a lot. Like in "German East Africa", Indy gets shot but is saved by the locket around his neck. He opens it, and the viewer is thinking "That's not his mom! Who is that girl?"
It wasn't until a year later that "Vienna" was broadcast and we found out who she was.

Exactly - this was one of the reasons it was very confusing watching YIJC when it originally aired in 1992-1993. A lot of this had to do with the fact that Lucas filmed the episodes out of order (probably for logistical reasons).
Though, to Lucas' credit, if the show hadn't been cancelled repeatedly we might have seen the "Vienna" episode ealier.