General Indy 5 Thread - rumors and possibilities

Honestly...will there be another Indy film in the next decade?

• Total voters

Blue Jay

my guess would be that they agreed on not talking about indy. I mean HF is more than that and I would understand that he is happy not talking about that for once, because i would guess that HF is questioned about Indy in every interview he gives. And if there is nothing concrete to talk about, it could be very unnerving.

... and trust me, if there will something to talk about, they will talk about it!

On the other hand, Lucas is very cautious about giving information, maybe he advised all the participating parts not to talk about it yet.

To me it seemed like all the information we have, are more or less no real interviews but snippets from events where the players are met and posed a short question about Indy 5 - so no real interview scenario.

Dr.Sartorius

It would have been nice if they even mentioned Cowboys and Aliens. But no they had to talk about Jay's cars and a Mod Squad appearance that never happened.

The Drifter

It's a downer that they never mentioned anything about a possible Indy 5. I believe there will never be one, but I can still hope.

*Sigh*

Hanselation

Those are the most interesting things:
Young Harry (y)
youngharry.jpg

Nice Socks :eek:
nicesocks.jpg

James

chicago103 said:
It makes you wonder what Ford would have said if Leno would have actually asked about Indy5.

Probably the standard line he always gave for Indy 4- which would've only led to fans saying the movie will never happen.

At this point, I'm not sure the project is on the public's radar enough to warrant Ford being asked about it in every interview. Indy 4 was different, in that it was more of a "will you ever return to that role" type of thing that snowballed over the years. By comparison, Indy 5 is basically just something fans and geeks are paying attention to.

So I doubt this was an attempt on Ford or Leno's part to keep things secret. It seems more likely that they didn't see any point in talking about projects that are a year (Cowboys and Aliens) or more (Indy 5) away.

Hanselation

Concept art of Indiana Jones 5

Because there is a link at the german Indiana Jones -forum, I had a view at this pictures from Miles Teves who did the concept art for Indy 4: (y)

http://www.milesteves.com/gallery/v/ILLUSTRATION/INDIANA+JONES+4/

So I've ask him yesterday about the status of Indy 5, here's the correspondence:

TO Miles Teves:

Hello from germany!

I really like your art of drawing.
Because I'm one of those Indiana Jones fans, I must gave you a really BIG "Thank You" for your Indiana Jones 4 concept art. It looks particulately much better than it was realized in the movie (the Warriors, the entry chamber,...)

Whats up with Indy 5? How far are you with the concept art for it?

Of course it would be nice to get some information about the status from you. ;-)

Best regards
Hans-Günther

FROM Miles Teves:

Thank you for the ind words.

They are not yet working on the new Indiana Jones film yet!

Thanks,

~Miles

So it doesn't look like that there are people working on Indiana Jones 5 in secret.
Everything what happened till now, happened inside the closed aura of George Lucas. :confused:

kevster said:
First: Thanks for letting us know! (though I can't hear your question about Indy 5 :eek: ??)

But the fact that all your Indy 5 questions were taken out must mean something :) ;) Don't u think?

Or perhaps it had more to do with the fact that the interview was supposed to be about the new Making of The Empire Strikes Back book instead of rumors about Indiana Jones.

It's still interesting, even if the interviewer said it, I hope its true. CGI, 3-D,digital film, these are all tools, and like toys can be tossed aside for the next best thing...Lucas and Cameron are pioneers in this inventive field.

TheMutt92

Spielberg just announced Robopocalypse as his next film, due to be released in 2013... that seems to imply we won't see Indy 5 until 2014 or 2015... unless Spielberg doubles up again and is able to get this out by 2013.

Montana Smith

TheMutt92 said:
Spielberg just announced Robopocalypse as his next film, due to be released in 2013... that seems to imply we won't see Indy 5 until 2014 or 2015... unless Spielberg doubles up again and is able to get this out by 2013.

On the bright side we might be spared a bit longer, from the possibility of a really bad film.

Also on the positive side, there's a chance that the delay will result in a better movie, given the length of time for opinions of KOTCS to settle down into a reasonable assessment.

Col. Detritch

Crap-ity crap, crap, crap! That's based on a book so there?s no chances it?s a fake production title for Indy V!

...I suppose he could be considering executive produce like he did in KotCS but let?s hope he directs when the time comes!:hat:

Perhaps its more accurate to say that this is Spielburg's next confirmed film and given the time frame the previous poster just mentioned the door is still open for him to shoot next summer. It wasn't until right before New Year's 2007 that we heard for sure that KOTCS was a go for sure with an actual timetable and release date so we need to hear something in early January 2011 at the latest for them to shoot next summer for a summer 2012 release.

Also a previous poster talked to someone who did concept art for KOTCS and they know nothing about Indy5 yet. Well was in KOTCS is concept art production in October 2006? I don't believe it was, that would have been early 2007, so it would be early 2011 for Indy5.

teampunk

i'm thinking indy 5 will be filmed next year. there is hundreds of millions of dollars to be made. they just won't let that go.