Lost Indy Wave at Comic-Con 2011

P Tom

featofstrength said:
Everytime I see that Teek figure I wonder...how long til Wilford Brimley gets immortalized in plastic?

And why is that blonde guy screaming up at the Ewok village so pissed off?

That screaming guy is Mr. Kennedy, a wrestling figure. Someone was using the head for a screaming Nazi over at the custom thread here.

The head looks like it's photoshopped into the pic.

Lance Quazar

P Tom said:
That screaming guy is Mr. Kennedy, a wrestling figure. Someone was using the head for a screaming Nazi over at the custom thread here.

The head looks like it's photoshopped into the pic.

Not sure I agree with your detective work there, Tom.

A much wiser man than myself suggested it was a repainted version of the "Screaming" Mace Windu from 2002.

(Note smooth head - a Mace trademark - and the closed eyes, same as on Mace. The Wrestling figure has his eyes wide open.)

saga-macegr_headcu.jpg

P Tom

Lance Quazar said:
Not sure I agree with your detective work there, Tom.

A much wiser man than myself suggested it was a repainted version of the "Screaming" Mace Windu from 2002.

(Note smooth head - a Mace trademark - and the closed eyes, same as on Mace. The Wrestling figure has his eyes wide open.)

Hey you're right. Mr. Kennedy was the only screaming head that came to my mind. The artist was having way too much fun making his customs and moving them around for the pictures.

Still the pictures are noteworthy for the appearance of Toht and Marion in white dress. Either they are customs, or painted prototypes.

Billy Ray

Supposedly they are producton figures that he received early to make ths diorama. Visit the RS thread HERE. Perhaps Lance could shed some more light on all this...

Lance Quazar

Billy Ray said:
Supposedly they are producton figures that he received early to make ths diorama. Visit the RS thread HERE. Perhaps Lance could shed some more light on all this...

I don't know any more than Shayford himself posted in the link you provided.

But it's not "supposed" - Shayford works for Lucasfilm. He is their "official" toy diorama maker. That Star Tours he created was a job, it wasn't just a hobby. They gave him the figures in advance.

Ain't no painted prototypes or customs.

He also confirmed that there are "new accessories" and mentions one of them in the thread (which sounds awesome), but I'll leave it for everyone to read it for themselves.

Exulted Unicron

I am really looking forward to these figures. Though I can't go, cause it's too expensive to get there and I live in the UK. However, I am looking at seeing if anyone is going and if they could get me a set.

Montana Smith

Exulted Unicron said:
I am really looking forward to these figures. Though I can't go, cause it's too expensive to get there and I live in the UK. However, I am looking at seeing if anyone is going and if they could get me a set.

That's an issue that concerns me as well. I can see us in the UK being on the rough end of the scalpers' prices!

Exulted Unicron

Thats why I've been asking around on various boards if any members are going to SDCC this year and if they are, if they'd be willing to get me a set of figures. I'd be willing to cover costs and shipping

Billy Ray

Lance Quazar said:
I don't know any more than Shayford himself posted in the link you provided.

But it's not "supposed" - Shayford works for Lucasfilm. He is their "official" toy diorama maker. That Star Tours he created was a job, it wasn't just a hobby. They gave him the figures in advance.

Ain't no painted prototypes or customs.

He also confirmed that there are "new accessories" and mentions one of them in the thread (which sounds awesome), but I'll leave it for everyone to read it for themselves.

Lance, are you talking about the Rebelscum thread that I linked to?
i reasd the whole thread and saw nothing posted by Shayford :confused

***EDIT*** Never mind, I found it in another thread in the Custom Dioramas section. I knew Shayford was legit, I just couldn't see where he had confirmed that they were production figures.

Last edited:

Lance Quazar

Billy Ray said:
Lance, are you talking about the Rebelscum thread that I linked to?
i reasd the whole thread and saw nothing posted by Shayford :confused

***EDIT*** Never mind, I found it in another thread in the Custom Dioramas section. I knew Shayford was legit, I just couldn't see where he had confirmed that they were production figures.

Oh, I didn't actually click your link, I just assumed you had connected to the Shayford comments.

:)

michael

Montana Smith said:
I saw that there are some US Ebay sellers pre-listing the set between $120 and $130 plus delivery.
ahhh, thanks for the reply, Montana. That doesn't seem toooooo bad.

Hmmm I kinda want these...

Lance Quazar

ChromiumBlue37 said:
I could have posted the pictures myself, but I didn't think I should without Hasbro's permission.

I appreciate you posting the link, but who cares? Surely not Hasbro.

People repost images all the time. Shayford was given the okay to put them online - the genie's out of the bottle.

Montana Smith

Satipo doesn't look much like Alfred Molina, and those spiders look more like treacle.

The others look good, though Toht's melty face seems not to be as melty as originally presented?

Lance Quazar

Montana Smith said:
The others look good, though Toht's melty face seems not to be as melty as originally presented?

Don't agree. The only "officially" released pics of Melting Toht were small and low-res. Seen with this level of detail, it looks even MORE melty than I would have thought.

Edited to add: Compare to the pic on page 1 of this thread - the original is noticeably "less" melty.

Montana Smith

Lance Quazar said:
Don't agree. The only "officially" released pics of Melting Toht were small and low-res. Seen with this level of detail, it looks even MORE melty than I would have thought.

Edited to add: Compare to the pic on page 1 of this thread - the original is noticeably "less" melty.

Maybe it's just that they added more blood to this one. He originally looked paler, and creepier, which reminded me more of Sideshow's version.

15.jpg

Lance Quazar

Montana Smith said:
Maybe it's just that they added more blood to this one. He originally looked paler, and creepier, which reminded me more of Sideshow's version.

Look at how horribly washed out those original pictures are, though. Don't think the figure was intended to be much paler, it's just those photos are awful.

The new version definitely has more blood, though. The "creepy" factor in the original also may be due to the fact that, from that angle, the eyes look all white, but I don't think that was ever the intent.

Anyway, all this is to say, I love the bloody version. :)