General Indy 5 Thread - rumors and possibilities

Honestly...will there be another Indy film in the next decade?

• Total voters

Texas

I wonder if the Lucas' upcoming "Red Tails" is the reason for the Indy 5 holdup? Seems like they're taking forever to finish it.

Last edited:

Grizzlor

God knows what he's doing to Red Tails, or the unfortunate soul directing that film. I did see George on TV, mingling around the Formula 1 grid on Sunday at the Canadian Grand Prix in Montreal.

Stoo

Grizzlor said:
I did see George on TV, mingling around the Formula 1 grid on Sunday at the Canadian Grand Prix in Montreal.
Really?!?:confused: I've been watching the Swiss TV coverage of the Grand Prix and didn't see that! George Lucas in Montreal? He likes fast cars so it doesn't really suprise me that he is there...however...

You can bet he went to check out the National Geographic Indy Exhibit!

Nice to see you posting again, Grizzlor, and thanks for the 'heads up'!:hat:

Montana Smith

Stoo said:
Really?!?:confused: I've been watching the Swiss TV coverage of the Grand Prix and didn't see that! George Lucas in Montreal? He likes fast cars so it doesn't really suprise me that he is there...however...

The BBC got a very short interview with him - didn't ask him about Indy 5 though! (Just asked him about making a Formula 1 movie).

Indy's brother

Montana Smith said:
The BBC got a very short interview with him - didn't ask him about Indy 5 though! (Just asked him about making a Formula 1 movie).

The most recent interviews with SS, GL, and Ford glaringly omit the Indy 5 question. While it may just be my conspiritorial tin-foil hat talking, it could seem that Indy 5 questions are being pre-screened (not allowed) as a prerequisite to a face-to-face with the press. After Shia's recent (albeit non-committal) response, it appears that the film is not shut down at all, but in serious black-out mode.

theosu67

I dont know what to think. I cant take anything Shia says with a grain of salt. Remember when he said this 2 YEARS AGO.

"When asked about the fifth film in the Indiana Jones franchise the Transformers actor said: "Steven [Spielberg] just said that he cracked the story on it, I think they're gearing that up""

And now they dont even have a 'McGuffin'?

Or how about when Shia said that he talked to SS that they had a story and that it was "crazy but good". that was over a year ago too.

"he's been talking to Spielberg about a fifth Indiana Jones film, that the screenplay is being written, that Spielberg "pitched" the idea to him, and that it sounds "crazy" and "really cool." "

i honestly think nothing is going on though i wish something would.

Dr.Jonesy

I've given up on waiting for Indy V or news on it.

The most exciting Indy related thing to happen to me in a long while, is today I bought a mini Crystal Skull keychain.

BF1569.jpg

:cool:

Other than that, my Indy universe has been stagnant since October 2008.

:(

I give up too...:( If it even happens, it'll be a good surprise (or not!)
Aaaahhh... I remember, in 1989 when the internet did not exist. Though I loved Indiana Jones, I absolutely didn't know that a third episode had been made. What a surprise when one day, I saw posters in the street with the title "Indiana Jones and the last crusade". Sometimes, I miss that non web period...:rolleyes:

Texas

I won't give up on Indy 5 until Lucas or Spielberg gives a definitive no to the project. It ain't over til the fat lady sings.

Indy's brother

Texas said:
I won't give up on Indy 5 until Lucas or Spielberg gives a definitive no to the project. It ain't over til the fat lady sings.

You're right about that. But since we haven't heard anything of any real substance on Indy 5, my excitement for it has slipped into the same murky void that that the project itself has been stuck in. For now, to retain my sanity I am shelving my enthusiasm. Once a definitive acknowledgment of Indy 5 emerges, so will my anticipation.

teampunk

davidgribouille said:
I give up too...:( If it even happens, it'll be a good surprise (or not!)
Aaaahhh... I remember, in 1989 when the internet did not exist. Though I loved Indiana Jones, I absolutely didn't know that a third episode had been made. What a surprise when one day, I saw posters in the street with the title "Indiana Jones and the last crusade". Sometimes, I miss that non web period...:rolleyes:
that was pretty awesome. as a child i had no idea that a new movie was being made. then, all of the sudden, there was a new indiana jones movie out. i kind of remember everyone being suprised about it. if they do make another, i will stay away from all movie sites, including this one so i don't know anything about it.

indy4242

I had this crazy fan wishful thinking theory a couple days ago that the new series of Doctor Who was being pushed back to 2013 because Steven Moffat's been hired to pen Indiana Jones V.

Now it looks like it's because of budget cuts and production issues. Shame :eek:

Kernunnos

indy4242 said:
I had this crazy fan wishful thinking theory a couple days ago that the new series of Doctor Who was being pushed back to 2013 because Steven Moffat's been hired to pen Indiana Jones V.

Now it looks like it's because of budget cuts and production issues. Shame :eek:

Moffat would make a complete pig's ear of an Indy movie.

He'd be likely to do something really sickly, like have Indy die, and be brought back by Marion wishing really hard on the McGuffin.

Mind you, whatever he came up with would likely be better entertainment than anything Lucas has been capable of in recent decades.

indy4242

Kernunnos said:
Moffat would make a complete pig's ear of an Indy movie.

He'd be likely to do something really sickly, like have Indy die, and be brought back by Marion wishing really hard on the McGuffin.

Mind you, whatever he came up with would likely be better entertainment than anything Lucas has been capable of in recent decades.

Nah - he's made the best Doctor Who in years, and he also wrote (or, at least, the first draft) of the Tintin movie.

I would love an Indy movie by Steven Moffat.

Indy's brother

Dr.Jonesy said:
I've given up on waiting for Indy V or news on it.

The most exciting Indy related thing to happen to me in a long while, is today I bought a mini Crystal Skull keychain.

BF1569.jpg

Other than that, my Indy universe has been stagnant since October 2008.

:(

Ordered mine today, what can I say? You inspired me!

Dr.Jonesy

Indy's brother said:
Ordered mine today, what can I say? You inspired me!

It's what I do.
;)

Lucky I was able to find the last one at my local Hastings. I always wanted an Indy themed keychain.

Since I got it, my friends and people who see my keys go; "Hey, that's from the last Indy! He's awesome." or "That movie was cool, I have all four!"

It's funny how the littlest things can garner attention. And it makes me happy that people are Indy fans.

Indy's brother

Dr.Jonesy said:
Since I got it, my friends and people who see my keys go; "Hey, that's from the last Indy! He's awesome." or "That movie was cool, I have all four!"

It's funny how the littlest things can garner attention. And it makes me happy that people are Indy fans.

I can't tell if your comment should drive us over to the Acquisitions thread, The KOTCS Lover's thread, or if I should parlay it into an Indy 5 bit about how it just shows how much of an audience there still is for an 5th!