Looks like it is official

doesitmatter

ChromiumBlue37 said:
Here the are -

Slide68.JPG

I'm sure Hasbro is thinking along these lines but it seems all German Indy and Toht need are new heads. The bodies have been tooled. There may be some minor differences with the Indy and the German soldier but they could always go back to that body.

If they scrapped the accessories (or used the RPG from the already released Indy) and dropped the melty head, wouldn't that be cheap enough to get them out online? Say an EE exclusive 2 pack (they already took the last two Muggs) for $30? I'd be willing to pay that and accept the lack of the other three (which are all new sculpts).

vf wing

Saw this posted on a Joe board i frequent:

President of Lucas Licensing Howard Roffman: howard.roffman@lucasfilm.com

It seems that Lucasfilm would want to keep an Indy presence in the toy aisle and that a few well-worded suggestions might at least impart some of our enthusiasm and potential future for the line.

DIrishB

vf wing said:
Saw this posted on a Joe board i frequent:

President of Lucas Licensing Howard Roffman: howard.roffman@lucasfilm.com

It seems that Lucasfilm would want to keep an Indy presence in the toy aisle and that a few well-worded suggestions might at least impart some of our enthusiasm and potential future for the line.

Thats encouraging!!

Any chance of posting a link to that? I know many of us that've been holding out hope of the line continuing would love to read it.

Or did I misunderstand and only Mr. Roffman's email was posted on that GI Joe board?

The Golden Idol

DIrishB said:
Thats encouraging!!

Any chance of posting a link to that? I know many of us that've been holding out hope of the line continuing would love to read it.

Or did I misunderstand and only Mr. Roffman's email was posted on that GI Joe board?

I think he means we should email Roffman and tell him that we DEMAND a 2nd Raiders wave!

DIrishB

The Golden Idol said:
I think he means we should email Roffman and tell him that we DEMAND a 2nd Raiders wave!

Ah, ok. Oh, well...

I'm typing up an email to Mr. Roffman now...all you other Indy collectors, please do the same for the sake of the line. It might not do any good, but then again, there's a small chance it just might.

Way of the dodo

"Adios, Sapito." This is a bummer, (I'm so cheesed that you can buy every boring old man in a bathrobe from Star Wars but not melty Toht or pistol-packing, horse-riding Fez Sallah. the whole "action scene-kid-appeal" excuse doesn't quite make sense to me there) but I guess that's life. Hey, is that Indy pictured above a new head or the Crystal Skull Indy painted to look young? Either way it looks pretty good to me.

Lambonius

Way of the dodo said:
"Adios, Sapito." This is a bummer, (I'm so cheesed that you can buy every boring old man in a bathrobe from Star Wars but not melty Toht or pistol-packing, horse-riding Fez Sallah. the whole "action scene-kid-appeal" excuse doesn't quite make sense to me there) but I guess that's life. Hey, is that Indy pictured above a new head or the Crystal Skull Indy painted to look young? Either way it looks pretty good to me.

I'm pretty sure it's a new unique sculpt. Look at the way the hair is disheveled on Indy's right side. We don't have a face sculpt like that yet.

tnswman

Vance said:
The problem with inside sources, and I learned this the hard way myself, is that they're worthless if you talk about them, and if you can confirm them, they don't remain employed for long.

Seriously, if you're citing 'inside sources' at Hasbro, there are two possibilities. You really have them, so you should shut up so they don't have to worry about their jobs. You don't really have them, and you should shut up so you don't have to be called out for lying.

Not to be mean, but you notice that both of these options have one thing in common.

(And, also wik, don't brag about your inside sources on a forum that actually has some inside sources posting on it.)

Too bad you are too foolish to understand that I DON'T CARE!!! Habro can hide or open whatever door that is opened. It's funny that i have been 100% right about everything in the past isn't it..HMMMM!! They know I will tell what I hear because I TOLD THEM I WILL!!

so, play under your own rules and expect me not to!!

tnswman

DIrishB said:
Alright, alright, everybody, calm down. I appreciate tnswman's attempts at keeping us informed. He hasn't been proven to be wrong, yet, so there's not much reason to doubt him. He also hasn't been proven right, yet, so there's not much reason to believe him, either. Make a choice or just don't care at all and leave it at that. There's no need for this to devolve into name calling, which is exactly what some of you are doing...you're basically saying he's either a liar or ratting on his Hasbro sources, or accusing him of having an overinflated ego. I'm not defending him, but I do think he's provided us with a lot of accurate info so far, so I have no reason not to accept what he says as either fact, or the way he himself sees the state of this line. Considering this is a message board with the express purpose of conversing and sharing ideas and opinions related to Indiana Jones, I'd say tnswman is well within his rights. Either way, it comes down to a matter of fact, opinion or lies, and none of us will know which until January. And I'm sure he'd love to be proven wrong about the Indy line not continuing, since he (just like us), is an avid Indy collector...actually, way more so than most of us...have you seen his collection? So in the meantime, everyone relax, and give the guy a break until we know one way or the other.

LOL!! thanks but these new and un-informed members don't bother me. They simply think I am passing along new info..I'm NOT!!

Hasbro has very much told EVERYONE the exact same thing. The Indy line is DEAD unless it is picked up after the current ONE YEAR ( 6 month shelf time ) contract expires.

Wal-Mart is alreadey refusing any shipments of figures that are outside of their warehouses ( they will accept the TOD figures sice the case #'s are different) The TOD line's production is WAYYY lower than any figures yet ( that's a direct quote non-believers)

Nothing I am saying is incapable of changing if a SERIES of retailers want Indy in 2009. The current contracts can be extended.

The Indy team has been gone from the line for a while. So, If there is any Indy products in 2009, it will be stuff that is already proto'd out while they work on new sculpts.

Hate me all you want but any of you could have been a bigger force in the indy world. I can not help that I caught the eye of people. I will not shy away from promoting the line even if the promotion is negative.

any remarks to me is stuppid and childish..not to mention POINTLESS!!! You need to direct the attention the the FACTS surrounding the line and doing what you can as a board of 50-100 DIE-HARD ACTION FIGURE COLLECTORS.

Don't assume that the VERY few of us out here can change the nature of the cost of the Indy license.

Hasbro simply CAN NOT afford to cater to us!!

Could they have done better? HELL YES!!! but I love them for what they gave me and they got THOUSANDS of dollars and I still buy 5 Indy figures a week at different stores!! until any of you BASHERS do any better...STUFF IT! Keep living in your fantasy world or WAKE UP!!!

tnswman

Way of the dodo said:

Take a KOTCS head and put it on a German soldier body..then paint the hair.. See for yourself ;) It looks VERY good!!

tnswman

Nurhachi1991 said:
tnswman do you know top men that work for hasbro?

YES!! 3 of them....One of them thankfully got me the Indy figures months before anyone else.

Unless any of these new members that don't believe missed that little tid-bit.

Abner Lives

A cease fire was called and then you ignored it, so...

tnswman said:
May 2008 before the 1st figures see the shelves??? I find it hard to believe... that means they wil lbe shipping the vintage line with the Indy 4 line....That's a huge difference to their previous release models.

That's from 2007. You, along with the rest of the human race, have not been 100% right. (n)

tnswman

Abner Lives said:
A cease fire was called and then you ignored it, so...

That's from 2007. You, along with the rest of the human race, have not been 100% right. (n)

Also, BEFORE my Hasbro contacts ;) Try again sucker!! I have GROWN since then...try to keep up!!

Abner Lives

Sure thing bro, let's go forward a year. Finding an example of you being wrong is almost as easy as finding an example of you acting like a tool.

tnswman said:
Billy, I think they added the ARK in with this igure because they need one for the truck. If I read the box right on the truck, it says tha tthe diorama has a crate too...That would be a good reason for no poles too.

I'm sure we will see a full blown Ark...Probably in a battle pack.. I can see it now, Indy hanging in the package with sallah on top.. Maybe we can get a different Belloq or German in that pack when they start making them.

Also, my personal favorite... your secret contact from overseas...ebay. If you're going to blow smoke you should at least go read your old posts. You're amature hour, and anyone can look up your old posts. Adios Sapito.

tnswman

Abner Lives said:
Sure thing bro, let's go forward a year. Finding an example of you being wrong is almost as easy as finding an example of you acting like a tool.

Also, my personal favorite... your secret contact from overseas...ebay. If you're going to blow smoke you should at least go read your old posts. You're amature hour, and anyone can look up your old posts. Adios Sapito.

WOW!! Go buy the truck..It has a crate added....You really love proving yourself wrong..But you are adding posts to your count..Glad i could help....I like being someone's hero and Hobby. Pretty soon you will start responding to EVERY post I make..and once again I will have a neat little stalker.

At least understand how to show proper context right when you make a post.. My GOD am I going to have to do it all for you?

Abner Lives

But your valued Hasbro sources (ie reading the side of the box) obviously mislead you about the size of the crate and lead you on a wild goose chase on the packaging of the deluxe pack (not battle pack).

Who's stalking who? It's obvious all you have been wrong about over about a zillion threads. You've obviously been bullying people on this board for longer than I've been here (not suprising for someone who has NO fear of Chuck Norris). :p

Divert and dodge all you want Captain Ebay ...anyone can go look up your old posts. It's a little sad but if you'd like to continue to pretend to be omnipotant (which is close), feel free to PM me instead of clogging up the threads. At least it will be more in line with the forum rules (mea culpa for my part) and the privacy will save you the embarassment of covering for what you say today down the road.

Again...adios, Sapito.

tnswman

Abner Lives said:
But your valued Hasbro sources (ie reading the side of the box) obviously mislead you about the size of the crate and lead you on a wild goose chase on the packaging of the deluxe pack (not battle pack).

Who's stalking who? It's obvious all you have been wrong about over about a zillion threads. You've obviously been bullying people on this board for longer than I've been here (not suprising for someone who has NO fear of Chuck Norris). :p

Divert and dodge all you want Captain Ebay ...anyone can go look up your old posts. It's a little sad but if you'd like to continue to pretend to be omnipotant (which is close), feel free to PM me instead of clogging up the threads. At least it will be more in line with the forum rules (mea culpa for my part) and the privacy will save you the embarassment of covering for what you say today down the road.

Again...adios, Sapito.

I'm proud of those old posts.....Not that I have ever been in-line with the rules...See what entertainment I have been for you...Stalking must be addictive to people of your nature.

No, I don't talk to people in private who adore me like a second wife. You can just apologize to me after you see I'm right.. But If I get the sepito Prototype, I will take a picture of it for you to drool over.

the fact remains that YOU ARE WRONG........could that change..Sure.. But once again ( since you missed it the last 100 times)...AT THIS TIME the line is NOT CONTINUING. It won't be long before Hasbro will spread the bad news. Trust me..As much as you whine, NOBODY hates this more than me. And NOBODY holds Hasbro to task more than me!!

whipcracker666

Abner Lives said:
Sure thing bro, let's go forward a year. Finding an example of you being wrong is almost as easy as finding an example of you acting like a tool..

I don't feel that its him being wrong that makes him seem like such a tool so much as that he braggs way too f**king much.