If you were stuck on an Island

Stoo

To echo Rocket's sentiment from Page 1...
Rocket Surgeon said:
We'd watch Indiana Jones movies all night long, and all day we would talk about Indiana Jones. So it would probably be really quiet.
I'd show Egyptian Pharaoh, "The Light at the Edge of the World", with Yul Brynner and ask if he enjoyed it. Then I'd ask him why he joined The Raven but never talks about Indiana Jones.:rolleyes:

Attila the Professor

Staff member
I'd invite the young lad to take a look at some existent threads, then, and see what strikes him as interesting and worthy of discussion. It's why we're here, after all. Everything else is just a bonus.

Pale Horse

Staff member
^ Start a banana convention, akin to Katsumoto (the Last Samurai) looking for the 'most perfect one'....with my esteemed collegue.

XanaduEli

Make bagpipes out of leaves and bamboo and sing "Scotland the brave" and "Loch Lomond" while dancing the flying Scotsman.
I'm in a very Scottish mood today.

XanaduEli

EgyptianPharaoh said:
That's ok....you are Scottish! :D

Ask her to help me learn how to play a bagpipe.....I would sound like sick Elephant.

*sigh* I can't play them either.

I would teach you the words to "Scotland the brave" and "Spey Valley Glen" while we wave about Scottish flags, marching around the island celebrating St Andrews day. :p

Stoo

@XanaduMel: "Scotland the Brave" is a great tune!
EgyptianPharaoh said:
Then Tell him that I don't know how to start an Indiana Jones Thread...All the good ideas are taken.
D'uh...You don't have to start one....Just hit the REPLY button and reply. It's not rocket science...:rolleyes:

If I were stuck on a desert island with you or Disco Boy, Gear, Xanadu Mel, Lonesome "Larry" Drifter...what I would do is this:

Firstly, I'd take a stick and write the words, "Indiana Jones", into the sand near the shores of the beach. (This would allow all the "Off-topic" twits to run up & down the beach-head, stamping it out with their bull-sh*t and watching the words wash away with the incoming tide...)

After that...Taking the roughest coconut husks, I'd use the fibres to make a rope. With that rope, I'd tie it together to make a noose and hang myself from the nearest palm tree...:dead:

The Drifter

I'd tell Stoo this:
"Calm the hell down. Your constant yammering about what other people post is growing annoying. I have seen it on about six threads just today. If you dislike it, do not read it. You sound like a nagging housewife."

And thus I would say:
"I have talked about Indiana Jones plenty of times, but stop trying to tell people what to talk about. I've seen you stray to the Open Discussion table plenty of times. Hell, when there's an Indy thread that interests me, I'll post. Is that fine with you?"

I would then offer him a coconut.

I'm with Stoo, though I'd probably kill the rest and use them as bait.

I'd tell EP that Yul brynner was a misogynist one trick pony hypocrite who stank like an ashtray, while chumming my chum.

Drifter, I understand your annoyance, but the kiddies are peeing in the pool.

VERY liberally stated, there are 5 out of 30 posts in the past 24 hours that marginally reference Indiana Jones.

I post in Open discussion, like everyone else...but this "infiltration" needs to be filtered. What a friggin mess.(n)

The Drifter

Rocket Surgeon said:
I'm with Stoo, though I'd probably kill the rest and use them as bait.

I'd tell EP that Yul brynner was a misogynist one trick pony hypocrite who stank like an ashtray, while chumming my chum.

Drifter, I understand your annoyance, but the kiddies are peeing in the pool.

VERY liberally stated, there are 5 out of 30 posts in the past 24 hours that marginally reference Indiana Jones.

I post in Open discussion, like everyone else...but this "infiltration" needs to be filtered. What a friggin mess.(n)

I'd tell Rocko: "Yes, I can understand Stoo's point. But, him implying that I do the same! I'll admit that I have been posting in off-topic threads lately. I just don't see any Indy threads that make me wanna post. Maybe I am losing my Indy mojo?"

Then I would hand Rocko a seashell to listen to the ocean.

Lonsome_Drifter said:
I'd tell Rocko: "Yes, I can understand Stoo's point. But, him implying that I do the same! I'll admit that I have been posting in off-topic threads lately. I just don't see any Indy threads that make me wanna post. Maybe I am losing my Indy mojo?"

Then I would hand Rocko a seashell to listen to the ocean.

I would tell Drifter, hey! It sounds like river rafting in India.

There is the small matter of encouragement...:(

Go dig up something that's interesting...this is beneath you!

Stoo

Lonsome_Drifter said:
I'd tell Stoo this:
"Calm the hell down. Your constant yammering about what other people post is growing annoying. I have seen it on about six threads just today. If you dislike it, do not read it. You sound like a nagging housewife."?"
Six?:confused: You obviously don't know how to count. 2 or 3 is far off from 6. If my "yammering" posts annoy "Larry, the Lonesome Drifter", then don't read 'em.:p

Yes, I can imagine how discussion about Indiana Jones would be annoying to people who are here to talk about video games, home renovation, Zumba & some 4-year-old kid who wanders into your yard...(+Nick at Nite, etc.) :rolleyes:
Lonesome Dirfter with a Dorky Moustache said:
Your constant yammering about what other people post is growing annoying.
Really? :confused: Why is it annoying? Lonsome Drifter Larry, (with the dorky moustache) is annoyed that The Raven is discussing Indiana Jones!

The Drifter

Stoo said:
Six?:confused: You obviously don't know how to count. 2 or 3 is far off from 6. If my "yammering" posts annoy "Larry, the Lonesome Drifter", then don't read 'em.:p

Um, it's more than just two or three there, hotrod. You CONSTANTLY complain and whine about it all the time. You sound like a broken record.

Yes, I can imagine how discussion about Indiana Jones would be annoying to people who are here to talk about video games, home renovation, Zumba & some 4-year-old kid who wanders into your yard...(+Nick at Nite, etc.)
:rolleyes:

Eh, I guess you're blind as well as whiny. I've talked Indy a bunch of times. And, if I just so happen to talk about something other than Indy (GASP!), we all must see Stoo cry about it. But, like I said; don't read it.

Really? :confused: Why is it annoying? Lonsome Drifter Larry, (with the dorky moustache) is annoyed that The Raven is discussing Indiana Jones!

Is it fun for you to use my real name? Oh, and very classy, Stoo! You resorted to insulting my looks now. It seems that such a know-it-all like you who has traveled EVERYWHERE should show a little more tact.
Why aren't you discussing Indy? I know; because you can't stop nagging long enough.

Run along now, and cry in some more threads. :rolleyes:

DiscoLad

Stoo said:
@XanaduMel: "Scotland the Brave" is a great tune!
D'uh...You don't have to start one....Just hit the REPLY button and reply. It's not rocket science...:rolleyes:

If I were stuck on a desert island with you or Disco Boy, Gear, Xanadu Mel, Lonesome "Larry" Drifter...what I would do is this:

Firstly, I'd take a stick and write the words, "Indiana Jones", into the sand near the shores of the beach. (This would allow all the "Off-topic" twits to run up & down the beach-head, stamping it out with their bull-sh*t and watching the words wash away with the incoming tide...)

After that...Taking the roughest coconut husks, I'd use the fibres to make a rope. With that rope, I'd tie it together to make a noose and hang myself from the nearest palm tree...:dead:

Jesus Christ, Thanks Stoo. :)

Yeah, If Stoo were on an island with me I'd probably help him make the rope. :whip: :dead: (y)

Whoa, just checked out the third page of replies.
People are taking swings at each other today arn't they.

Wow....everyone seems a little upset up above.......

I WELL TELL A JOKE AND EVERYONE WOULD LAUGH...AND WE WOULD USE THAT ROPE TO CONTROL THE PINATA AND ..WHEN WE BREAK IT OPEN...WE WILL ALL EAT CANDY...AND BE HAPPY! :D

DiscoLad

EgyptianPharaoh said:
Wow....everyone seems a little upset up above.......

I WELL TELL A JOKE AND EVERYONE WOULD LAUGH...AND WE WOULD USE THAT ROPE TO CONTROL THE PINATA AND ..WHEN WE BREAK IT OPEN...WE WILL ALL EAT CANDY...AND BE HAPPY! :D

Ah I wish it were that simple Pharoah
but as long as there are Stoos running around here I don't see it being like that. :(

And that's DiscoLAD to you, Stoo. Don't be gettin' casual. :hat: