Watching "Petrograd 1917" in school

00Kevin

Indyfan
well, I'm taking a russian/soviet history class in school and now that we're on the russian revolution, I brought in my "adventures in the secret service" tape,we're watching it in class and everyone is enjoying it, My teacher said it was "cool" that I brought it in :d

anyone else ever watched a young indy video in school?

Attila the Professor

Staff member
That's pretty incredible...but not a bad idea, since the March Revolution doesn't get anywhere near as much publicity as the October Revolution.

Probably won't happen.

vaxer

Moderator Emeritus
I watched TOD with my class in like first grade. Every one was so disgusted when the heart part comes...but it wasn't for any educational reasons.

00Kevin

Indyfan
yeah, 2 years ago in US history we were in WW1, I brought in Trenches of hell, my teacher watched it and said It was great, but sadly, we didn't have time to watch it

:(

Randy_Flagg

Gregoire Defence said:
Awesome Kevin!

I remember in 6th grade we watched Temple of Doom as part of our Archaeology unit. :D

Just out of my curiosity... what part of Temple of Doom featured any hint of archaeology?

Still, I remember watching "Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure" in a highschool history class.

Randy_Flagg

That's pretty cool then.

I remember watching Rocky 3 in 6th grade. They showed it during our lunch period. The only problem was, they only had about thirty minutes to show it to us, so we'd watch half-an-hour, then the next day, they'd start it from the beginning again, and we'd see the same half-hour. This went on for about two weeks. "Eye of The Tiger" was drilled into my head, and now I have a whole collection of Survivor albums (I kid you not!)

Anyway, back on topic....

Kumba

I'm in German II right now, and seeing in how the Indy Trilogy is coming out on DVD, I thought I'd give my widescreen vhs version of Raiders to my german teacher, Frau, as we call her. It's really cool because I only have 2 weeks of school left, and we're bound to watch it!

Randy_Flagg

Kumba said:
I'm in German II right now, and seeing in how the Indy Trilogy is coming out on DVD, I thought I'd give my widescreen vhs version of Raiders to my german teacher, Frau, as we call her. It's really cool because I only have 2 weeks of school left, and we're bound to watch it!

Cool! I'm sure that's just what every German wants to be reminded of-- their Nazi past!

00Kevin

Indyfan
Kumba said:

then it seems we have a few things in common

hey, I'm also in Deutsch Zwei, I think all deutsch teachers are called frau

In fact, the MAIN reason I take german is because of Indidna Jones :D but I doubt we will ever be allowed to watch an indy film, we just watch the little mermaid and junk :(

Kumba

Mine is Frau Williams, but last semester it was Herr Moore. Oh, who cares if there's nazis in it; we watch movies loke Swing Kids (very good! :)) and Holocaust a lot. We even began to watch that Hitler TV movie that was on CBS, but I'm not sure if we'll finish it with finals next week. Actually, my German Zwei final is June 2nd.