Short Round's Hat?

G-Man

Works for me... but it's not that well designed, there may be some script errors with it...

Here are the contact details...

will@ballcap.com

Post office box 8 | Cherry Valley, NY 13320 | T 800 264 8294 | F

And some info on the company...

WHO WE ARE
In our small factory in the hills around Cooperstown, NY the Cooperstown Ball Cap Co. recreates ball caps of the bygone eras of baseball (1860-1995).Whenever possible the original machines are used. We sew 12-13 ounce wool athletic flannel, horsehide sweatbands (because that is what the real ones used) and the highest grade peak stiffeners to create a cap that is surprisingly cool in the summer and warm in the winter, keeping perspiration and weather away from your head..Gradually, over time, the cap assumes the shape of your head and is a twin to an actual vintage pro cap. As the only custom ball cap maker we can provide any style cap in any of our flannels with any of the 1500 logos in this catalog.Buttons and visors can be interchanged and sizes from an infant's 6 1/8 to 8 3/8 are routinely furnished. The Cooperstown Ball Cap is a lifetime investment.Each is custom made and is guaranteed not only for workmanship but for fit and beauty.We will remake any cap or refund your money for up to six months if you are not satisfied.Your complete delight is the only acceptable reaction to us. We invite you to try one of our caps.Hand made, in the old fashioned way, our ball caps are the finest in the world.
They aren't that cheap though, 'cos their hats are custom made, about $50 for a hat...

Webley

G-Man said:
Isn't it an old New York Giants baseball cap,
Yes the hat that Short Round wears in Temple of Doom is a New York Giants baseball cap not a New York Yankees cap.

Exulted Unicron

Who knows, maybe Indy took him to America before ToD and bought him a hat, since we know Indy is a massive baseball fan. He probably took shorty to a game.

DoomTown

Definitely a New York GIANTS hat, guys...We even had this as a trivia question on an episode of the Indy-Cast. It was also mistaken as a Yankees cap in the Ultimate guide. :)

Goodeknight

I found this Yankees pinstripe cap for about $30 including shipping.
63-19076-Y.jpg

http://www.fansedge.com/New-York-Yankees-Cooperstown-900-Pinstripe-Fitted-Hat-_-109578113_PD.html?utm_content=pla

For me it's a "close enough."

Anyone find something better/cheaper/more accurate online?

HenryJunior

Hmm, those hats look tempting. That I could wear without looking like I'm in costume, although it might lead to me getting flagged down by a Yankee's fan occasionally (or Giants whichever hat it is).:D

Goodeknight

Just bought one from this place on eBay:
http://myworld.ebay.com/howiesdeals/?_trksid=p4340.l2559
$(KGrHqFHJCEE92I-jrZOBPo+vswcz!~~60_12.JPG

Best price I could find online. $25, including shipping. Should get here well before the marathon.

My plan is to go as father and son Indies for the Imax, and then as Indy, Shorty, and Willie for the marathon day. (I don't know if my wife will go in costume for the Imax or not.)

This is one of my all time favorite Indy photos:

indianajonesandshortrou.jpg

Our son is 10, so it's a good age for him to be Shorty. However, I have the sneaking suspicion that he thinks I'm the sidekick...

Crack that whip

Costumes would be wonderful, but I don't know whether they'll be allowed. As I understand it, AMC implemented a "no costumes" policy in the wake of the horrible shooting in Colorado at the opening of The Dark Knight Rises (not that I think it's helpful, but there you go). However, I don't know exactly what they consider a "costume" - would it just be really fanciful stuff like a Batman suit, or anything intended to resemble a character, such as Indy's gear? Most of the outfits in the Indy movies are essentially regular clothes, after all, albeit regular clothes from 50+ years ago.

If anyone wants to attend in costume, they probably ought to check with the theater in advance to make sure it's Ok...

Goodeknight

I already did some checking on the costume policy. It boils down to no fake (or real) weapons, and no masks that cover your face. So an Indy outfit should be fine. I don't know about the whip. Then again, I don't know that anyone would fear a mass whipping at the theater. I will definitely leave the gun belt at home.

According to an AMC press release posted July 20:
We will not allow any guests into our theatres in costumes that make other guests feel uncomfortable and we will not permit face-covering masks or fake weapons inside our buildings. If guests wish to exchange or refund any tickets, we will honor our existing policy and do as our guests wish. We are taking necessary precautions to ensure our guests who wish to enjoy a movie this weekend can do so with as much peace of mind as possible in these circumstances.

That July 20 post mentions "this weekend." So it's rather dated. I don't see any other references to standing costume policies on AMC's website.

digitalfreaknyc

My father is a huge baseball aficionado and he has a book with all of the uniforms and whatknot for the teams.

The Giants apparently wore this hat between 1917 and 1922. ;)