Sasha Spielberg in Diner Scene

Lance Quazar said:
Ah, the smartest think you've said all day...AND worthwhile!

Lance Quazar said:
I thought it was fairly obvious from my comments that I knew you were being insincere. Hence my use of the word "insincere."
And I thought I was being blunt about not asking for forgiveness.

Lance Quazar said:
"Take the bait"? I called you out on something offensive you said. I doing so I took your "bait"...so I guess you WERE trying to be offensive. Okay, thanks for the clarification!
Read, comprehend...if you can't ASK questions.
The bait was Stoo's...to bring attention to a fraction of a post WAY down the line and abandon a "line of thought" without clarification, leaving any lurking retard to twist it out of context. Yeah, way to take the bait!

Have I clarified it enough for you or must you be spoon fed EVERYTHING?

Lance Quazar said:
Ah, the classic "I know you are but what am I?" gambit. Brilliant! Once again, I have been wholly outmaneuvered.

You bring to the conversation SO much baggage! Such much for you if you can't comprehend sentence structure and composition. It's plain to read, and your gross over simplification is par for the course. Outmanuvered! That's funny!(y)

Lance Quazar said:
p.s. the Jewish population of New Haven in the Fifties was 20,000.The known population of aliens on planet earth from 1950 to present is still hovering at around zero.

And the known population of retards with chips on their shoulders is Lance Quazar.

Now THAT was offensive, (to retards!;) )

Get grip and get back to class...review context v content.

Oh, and seething only leads to drooling...you should quit that now too.

kongisking

Lance Quazar said:
I didn't like the movie, but I liked the scene she was in. She was funny for all of her 4 seconds of screen time.

And, you know, hot.

Yeah, she is quite a cutie, isn't she?

kongisking

Forbidden Eye said:
So having the director's daughter in the movie simply equals a lack of quality filmmaking? Your just talking pure nonsense now.

By this account, Rocky isn't a high-quality movie as Stallone had his brother and father appear in the movie. And Scorsese must be a lousy filmmaker as well, why couldn't he bother to cast older extras instead of casting his parents in "Goodfellas". The list goes on.

I don't see anything vastly wrong with casting family members, especially when they're basically small cameos. Isn't that what filmmaking about? Expressing your personal self and experiences onto film?

I couldn't agree more, Eye. You're right this time! But watch your back...:p :rolleyes:

Mickiana

Dear Rocket Surgeon,

"All art is quite useless." is a gem, don't you think? I do, as I do all his insights in that preface.

Not wanting to offend any religious sensibilities on anyones' part, but god didn't make anyone, nor match them, as there is no god. Full admission: I am atheist, but not agnostic. I find Sasha is cute to look at and I liked her spunky role she played at her father's behest.

I don't express myself very well. When I said "It's who you know, not what you know", I thought it might be taken as a touch of irony, whilst retaining the literal application it makes to the world we make to live in. A cliche is a phrase that is overused and indeed that phrase is overused. But it still contains some spark of truth, doesn't it?

"The only thing I can't resist is temptation." O.W.

Mickiana said:
Dear Rocket Surgeon,

"All art is quite useless." is a gem, don't you think? I do, as I do all his insights in that preface.

Not wanting to offend any religious sensibilities on anyones' part, but god didn't make anyone, nor match them, as there is no god. Full admission: I am atheist, but not agnostic. I find Sasha is cute to look at and I liked her spunky role she played at her father's behest.

I don't express myself very well. When I said "It's who you know, not what you know", I thought it might be taken as a touch of irony, whilst retaining the literal application it makes to the world we make to live in. A cliche is a phrase that is overused and indeed that phrase is overused. But it still contains some spark of truth, doesn't it?

"The only thing I can't resist is temptation." O.W.
Hey Mick!
It's a bit too fatalistic for me! But shows you where his head is at! The best thing about the preface is it gives you great context to consider while reading his story. Right now I'm reading the "New"Annotated Dracula and it's full of contextual gems.

God is a tricky subject and I appreciate your disclaimer, as someone who appreciates Socrates direction all I can say is "I don't know", but I'm open to the possibility. To me,for now, the term "God" represents the unknown. God has inspired some of the greatest art and "humanitarian initiatives"(to quote another post) that it's difficult to be against such a possitive influence. (Not to be confused with those who will pervert the status of "God" for their own evil ends).

I've seen pictures where Sacha looks cute,and pictures where she looks heinous, (but that's true for us all I'd say)...as far as her contribution to Crystal Skull, she was serviceable. If I were a betting man I'd wager she lobbied for the role.

By it's definition there's truth because it's predictable behavior,(among other things).My tone was irony as well as you started with, well I'll SAY; obscure and puntuated with, well; cliché!

No offence!;)

Mickiana

There was no offence taken, Rocket Surgeon. Like I said, I don't express myself very well. You said it better with saying "I don't know." I am prone to making bald statements due to rebellion in me since I shed my religious ways earlier in life, which I haven't gotten over I suppose.

Yes, Oscar's preface does give context to the story and he seems to keep offering similar insights throughout, sort of like little pearls of wisdom.

As for Sasha, well, the only pics of her I've seen are to do with her KotCS efforts. And you are right about all of us being capable of looking good or bad in a photo. All my ID photos look like prison mug shots. Even in my Indygear I will never be mistaken for Harrison. Oh well...

Stoo

Rocket Surgeon said:
Really, I'm just going for the joke...but have you been to New Haven!?!;)
Sort of. I once stopped for gas there driving from Boston en route to NYC. Does that count?

Rocket Surgeon said:
The bait was Stoo's...to bring attention to a fraction of a post WAY down the line and abandon a "line of thought" without clarification, leaving any lurking retard to twist it out of context. Yeah, way to take the bait!
4 posts back is "WAY down the line"?:confused: Plus, the other 2/3rds of your post weren't worth commenting on.

Rocket Surgeon said:
Lancey Lancey Lancey, saying she has her fathers nose is only offensive because you think it's so. Don't force your racist ideas onto my post.
Indeed, she has her father's nose. That is obvious but...because I have a Phil Hartman-type of unfrozen, caveman brain, please tell me what Sasha's nose has to do with the absurdity of Slugger's presence in Connecticut.

Lance Quazar said:
p.s. the Jewish population of New Haven in the Fifties was 20,000.

The known population of aliens on planet earth from 1950 to present is still hovering at around zero.
Thanks for the good chuckle, Lance.:D

Stoo said:
Sort of. I once stopped for gas there driving from Boston en route to NYC. Does that count?
Well, no, an abacus counts.:confused:

Stoo said:
4 posts back is "WAY down the line"?:confused: Plus, the other 2/3rds of your post weren't worth commenting on.
In a manner of saying, yes and no. No, if you count on an abacus...yes if there's better posts to discuss.
As far as water under the bridge, we had begun reflecting on Oscar Wilde and the usefulness of art...
If indeed it's a matter of worthiness.

Stoo said:
Indeed, she has her father's nose. That is obvious but...because I have a Phil Hartman-type of unfrozen, caveman brain, please tell me what Sasha's nose has to do with the absurdity of Slugger's presence in Connecticut.
In service of comparing and contrasting...because it's decidedly NOT waspy?:confused:
Love Caveman Lawyer!(y)

Attila the Professor

Staff member
Does anyone know just how low the quota set the limit for number or percentage of Jewish students at Yale, incidentally? That would seem to be a relevant stat here. (The quotas were lifted in the 1960s, incidentally.)

Kevin

Rocket Surgeon said:
Oh and she has her fathers nose which makes it even more funny that she's all sock hopped out in a malt shop in waspy new england...THAT was more unbelieveable then aliens!

Basically what you are saying is that Sasha looks stereotypically Jewish, and Jews are out of place in New England, right?

Assuming that is what you meant, then the second part is not racist in my view. If I say that a black man looks out of place in Montana, I'm not being racist, I'm stating a fact, since blacks make up less than 1% of the population there.

However, your implication that the size or shape of her nose dictates her ethnic heritage is a little racist, don't you think? I'm sure we've all been guilty of telling an off-color joke or two, but let's be honest about the jokes we make.

On the topic of her being hot, I think she looks a little too much like her dad, which creeps me out, much in the same way that I don't find Janet Jackson hot because every time I look at her face I see Michael, circa 1984.

Kevin said:
Basically what you are saying is that Sasha looks stereotypically Jewish

Sasha is Jewish?!? She looks Greek to me!:rolleyes:

You guys REALLY are fixated on this whole Semetic thing...

To bring back the Oscar Wilde for a moment: We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars

Lady Windermere's Nose: A Play About a Good Woman

Last edited:

Mickiana

I'm not taking sides, but I believe Rocket Surgeon was not being racist. I cannot see any attempt to vilify Jewishness in his statement. He's remarking on his perception that it seems unlikely that a Jewish looking person might be out of place in that time and setting because of attitudes prevailing then. If he inferred that Jewish people might be "out of place in New England", then that was not his opinion, but a description of circumstances then and there. Kevin, you have actually attributed a strong opinion to Rocket Surgeon which has no basis. Whether Rocket Surgeon is correct or not is another thing. I wouldn't have a clue as to how many Jewish people lived in New England in the late 50s. But if he wanted to vilify Jewish people, I'm sure he could have done that quite easily with a direct statement, which he didn't do at all.

As for these bleatings about racism, why don't we just conduct a sane conversation about prejudice in general and recognise that we are all guilty of some type of prejudice(s). Racism is just one of many many prejudices. Let's be brave and talk about our own first up.

Men and women in some way usually resemble their dads. I don't see Sasha's looks, if they resemble her dad's, as something that should creep anyone out, unless of course you have reservations about her dad's looks. I think SS has a particularly kind face, but that is just my perception.

indyrocks1936

Mickiana said:
Question is, will she appear in Indy 5?
Hm. that's an interesting thought. I'm sure we all have thought this, Mutt will have a love interest most likely and could she play the role? I guess we have to wait and see.

Forbidden Eye said:
Since she's also the daughter of Kate Capshaw, she could be Indy's lost daughter!
Just think of the coincidence! Indy and his lost son and daughter from different mothers in the same room!

Now that would be very interesting to see if they included that somehow in Indy 5!

Robyn

indyrocks1936 said:
Now that would be very interesting to see if they included that somehow in Indy 5!

She could never play the daughter of Indy, she looks just like Steven, it wouldn't work

IndyMarion57

Tom Hanks' Son

Oh, I noticed this quite a while back.
I've posted images and things over at the Harrison Ford Lovers Board and I *think* at the MarionRavenwoodJones yahoo group.

I thought it was cool.

And did you know that Tom Hanks' son was the guy who asks Indy the question in the library??

DocWhiskey

I found out a few months ago that the kid in the library was Hank's son. I had no idea! I only thought he had the one son that was in Orange County and King Kong.

We have an avatar of him now too.

mattzilla2010

indyrocks1936 said:
Hm. that's an interesting thought. I'm sure we all have thought this, Mutt will have a love interest most likely and could she play the role? I guess we have to wait and see.

But... but... she can't! They're half-siblings, remember? :p

That would be, like, half-incest!