New acquisitions at Ravenwood museum

Mitchellhallock said:
WOW! Les, that is one museum I would love to pull a Marcus Brody - and get lost in it for days!

GREAT JOB!

When are you going on the Indy-Cast with the story on how all this came about and working for Sansweet at Rancho Obi-Wan??????????

I guess that would be up to Ed to decide if it's something he wants to cover :)

The Drifter

I must say that I am very jealous. That is one helluva collection! Man, I would almost give my wife up for that!

Hehe. KiKi_Kat if you see this, I'm kidding!

so wah mu

I'd do you're wife...

Lonsome_Drifter said:
I must say that I am very jealous. That is one helluva collection! Man, I would almost give my wife up for that!

Hehe. KiKi_Kat if you see this, I'm kidding!

I'd do you're wife the favour of saying you never entered this forum for that collection!

tnswman said:
Les, Were all the Hasbro Media kits the same or were there variations?

To the best of my knowledge the kits were the same. The form letter included lists off the items contained -- and the kits were sent from an advertising agency to the VIP's. I can't see why there would be different versions.

tnswman

throwmetheidol said:
To the best of my knowledge the kits were the same. The form letter included lists off the items contained -- and the kits were sent from an advertising agency to the VIP's. I can't see why there would be different versions.

No, me either since there was a check list. I just wondered about the grab box style tha tsome companies have used before to spread their products out...Of course I usually have seen that with smaller companies.

That box is amazing.

For the weekend I thought we'd show some of the goodies from Japan;

Here's the watch that was released in very low numbers (their whole line was limited between 50 - 300 of each item). It was inspired by what watches actually looked like during the 1950's (or so the pamphlet says).

Unproduced Lenticular Psp Case

Here a few shots of the PSP case - except it is lenticular! The release version just has a static graphic, but the original concept was to have Indy chased by the boulder through use of a lenticular.

Enjoy!

Last edited by a moderator:

DIrishB

QueZTone said:
Do you also have the two french comic books (2 hardcovers) published by Shell tank stations?

throwmetheidol said:
Yes we do. Unless you know of any variations we might need

Originally, 3 different comics were produced by the French company Bagheera (Indiana Jones et le Secret de la Pyramide, Indiana Jones et la Cité de la Foudre, Indiana Jones et le Grimoire Maudit). Another company named Renault printed paperback versions (the Bagheera's were hardcover, though I'm not sure if Renault printed all three comics...I know they did at least two, though). Shell gas stations in Canada (and France? Not sure about that) began issuing the first two comics (Secret de la Pyramide and Cité de la Foudre) as hardcovers, with a different cover, and missing the first several pages of the origial Bagheera versions (the "prologues", basically, 3-4 pages from the first two were cut).

Just in case that helps, wasn't sure if you knew about all the versions.

Also, I saw your posting of some Indy manga in this thread. I actually was trying to do some more research into these, and in another thread (Indy timeline thread) had someone who reads Japanese translating the titles.

Seems like most of those are adaptations of the films, but he wasn't able to make out the titles on the 3 books in the lower center. They seem to feature a much younger looking Indy (though this could just be the Anime/Manga effect of everyone looking too young), and I wondered if they were original stories, adaptations of Young Indy episodes, etc. Also, the blonde woman and the guy with the pointy mustache (on the second one) don't seem like any characters from the movies, which leads me to think these might be original adventures.

Is there any way you could take pictures of those three books covers, and maybe we can at least get the titles translated? I've been wondering about these since you first posted that pic months back.