Indy's middle name is Walton

roundshort

Jay R. Zay said:
VP, seriously... everybody makes mistakes. but when you behave like a cowboy shooting at sight (as, in this case, deleting information because YOU haven't heard of it yet), this isn't just a mistake.

this "hey, everybody can make mistakes" line is not for people who behave as if they were impeccable. if you think "i can make mistakes", you should act more carefully. if you think you don't need to act carefully, you don't need respect when failing because of this.

this sounds like somebody stole my purse. i believe it was my neighbour. so i beat him up real good. next morning, somebody else admits that he stole it. can i say then "well, everybody makes mistakes sometimes"?

Jay in Germany do men have purses?;)

Jay R. Zay

roundshort said:
Jay in Germany do men have purses?;)

at a closer examination, i think "wallet" would be the appropriate translation. for both, there is only one word in germany, "portemonnaie" (which actually probably is the most fitting name for such a thing anyway).

Joe Brody

This thread has now reached the point where Paden usually weighs-in and declares it a Raven Classic.

Indyologist

Violet Indy said:
You know, I could just imagine Marion making fun of such a name. :D Just to annoy Indy.

LOL! I thought the same thing! I can hear her calling him "Henry Walden" or maybe "Waldo." God forbid she should ever find out that Indy's dad calls him "junior." Poor Indy would never hear the end of it.

And VP, chill out! I was pulling your leg! See the rolley-eyed smiley? See? :rolleyes:

Violet

Moderator Emeritus
Well, if she ends up being Mrs. Jones.... :D This could be a good movie... She would have found out eventually. I wonder if she'd get along with Jones Snr?:D

Indyologist

Violet Indy said:
Well, if she ends up being Mrs. Jones.... :D This could be a good movie... She would have found out eventually. I wonder if she'd get along with Jones Snr?:D

Y'know, I get the feeling Marion would just adore Indy's dad like kind of a grandfatherly figure (even if he does come off like an "Attila"). She'd have him wrapped around her little finger! Although she'd probably lovingly tease him, too. I could see her giving Henry Sr a hug and then saying to him, "so you're the cause of all my trouble, huh?" When he looked confused, she'd just point at Indy-- who'd either roll his eyes, smirk or scowl briefly. Of course, seeing Indy annoyed by her would totally tickle Henry and he'd like her right away! Ahhh, he'd probably think, here's a girl who can "manage" my son! LOL! Of course, deep down inside, Indy would get a kick out of Marion's jibes at his expense, I think. He likes her because she can think on her feet like him ;)

That said,

Indy and Marion in Indy IV!!!

Violet

Moderator Emeritus
Having said that.... MY MOST.... YOU GET THE IDEA!

"BRING BACK MARION!!!"
"BRING BACK MARION!!!"
"BRING BACK MARION!!!"

Yeah, I could see her getting along with his Dad, better than her own.

Pale Horse

Staff member
Joe Brody said:
This thread has now reached the point where Paden usually weighs-in and declares it a Raven Classic.

It wouldn't be a classic without some celluloid reference, however.

"Actually, my name is Indiana Jones. Adventure;--- is my middle name"

Violet

Moderator Emeritus
Didn't Austin Powers do something similar to that? "Austin Danger Powers" in the first movie?

Dr. Indy Jones

Indy's middle name is Walton?

Now, I'm getting this info off of the Lego Indy game site, but this caught my eye -

indywaltonjoneszn8.png

So I guess Indy's name is :

Henry Walton Jones Jr.

http://www.lucasarts.com/games/legoindianajones/

Crack that whip

Yep. It's in the opening narration of "My First Adventure," the (obviously ;) ) first installment of The Adventures of Young Indiana Jones.

I presume it's in reference to his creator, whose full name is George Walton Lucas Jr.

Crack that whip

If you think so, try the full version:

Dr. Henry Walton "Indiana" Jones, Jr., alias Henri Defense.

Next up for discussion in Indy Gear and Props: "Indy's Business card - how many volumes is too many?"

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
Merged...

I guess when all we had were YIJC bootleg tapes sans subtitles, we thought it was Walden. But apparently it's Walton.

Violet

Moderator Emeritus
It's not Walden? I'm somewhat disappointed. I was kind of hoping Marion would make fun of him and call him, "Waldo." :p

Walton... Yeah, it does say that in the subs in the new movie, "My First Adventure." It in Carrier's voice-over.

So, basically, Indy's named Walton after a province in Indiana.

There is a Walton in Liverpool, United Kingdom. I'm guessing he's not taking the name from there!