Anybody who still thinks Harrisons age is an issue...

FordFan

Maybe Bogart's acting was wooden at times, but Cary Grant? No way. Ford is a master of subtle acting.

"Ford has always been a master at subtle acting"
He's been phoning it in and sucking for more than a decade....

It's like he took a SUCK lesson or 3 from Sean Connery.....

Finn

Staff member
Skimming through the last pages...

Some nice finds there, but some not so, mostly 'cos of their age. If we really need to recast Indy, we need to look for someone who's three decades younger than Ford, not one.

deckard24

I still stick by Gerard Butler. I saw a few minutes of Lara Croft: Cradle of Life on TV last night, and the guy is great in the rogue adventurer role. He's only 38 if I'm correct so that would put him at right around Ford's age in Raiders. Just found this site for those who have no clue who he is. www.gerardbutler.net

arkfinder

For those who said Ford is too old. Shame on you :p . For those who said Indy should have been re-casted to someone younger REALLY SHAME ON YOU :cool: .

Ford is the man at any age. Not to mention there is NO other Indiana Jones!!!

Indy's Fist

I think he looks great. Hell, I hope at his age I look that good! The only problem I can see so far (in the new photos) in that his clothes are so clean, except his hat. Must be the begining of the quest!:D

"Ford is the man at any age"
Ford has been sucking for the last 10-15 years....

"there is NO other Indiana Jones!"
Funny how Ford was their 2nd choice then....

nezobiwan

arkfinder said:
For those who said Ford is too old. Shame on you :p . For those who said Indy should have been re-casted to someone younger REALLY SHAME ON YOU :cool: .

Ford is the man at any age. Not to mention there is NO other Indiana Jones!!!

No harm in playing a game of "what-ifs."

I'm not ashamed of suggesting Bakula.... or am I?
:eek: :rolleyes:

deckard24

No harm is right! It's just for fun, but this is what I meant when I said everytime we have these discussions they get out of hand and taken personal! I understand how important these films are to people, and I'm not suggesting Ford be recast. I just enjoy hearing other peoples' ideas for such a what-if scenario!

Bakula is unfortunately too old now, he's in his 50's if I'm correct. But, he was great in Quantum Leap! Always thought he had a bit of a Ford quality to him.

"they get out of hand and taken personal!"
I can't imagine any reason that a rational, mature human being would take anything posted on the internet, personally....

I never got into Quantum Leap (After my time I suspect) and I HATED him in Enterprise (The show totally without merit)

deckard24

Unfortunately, some get really bent out of shape! I got hot headed a few times when I first posted, and realizd how silly it was after the fact. It's natural when you like something to be defensive of it, but maybe I'm just seeing things differently now at my age?

As for Bakula, I only saw him in Quantum Leap and Lord of Illusions. Never watched Enterprise, but then again I don't watch much TV.

I think I might be one of the only people in the world who enjoyed Lord of Illusions... But until you'd mentioned it, I'd forgot that HE was in it! LOL

"some get really bent out of shape"
Seems like quite the waste of energy to me....

deckard24

Yeah, that movie was nuts! I dug it!

It is quite a waste of energy! Especially considering the forum we are all members of. It's not like this is a global politics or enviromental conservation forum. It's Indiana Jones we're discussing for Pete's sake! lol!

nezobiwan

You're missing out with Quantum Leap, CH. Really fantastic show. I own all 5 seasons. :D

What is this Lord of Illusion you speak of?

"There are those who call me..... Tim?"

TennesseBuck

ClintonHammond said:
"Ford is the man at any age"
Ford has been sucking for the last 10-15 years....

"there is NO other Indiana Jones!"
Funny how Ford was their 2nd choice then....

Lucas didn't even consider Ford as Han Solo either! Maybe you do have a point Clinton - maybe someone else should've played Indy at this point. Ford has made some bad films in the last ten years. :sleep: