Post your desktop

nezobiwan

ResidentAlien said:
Oh wow, lucky!! Totally envious.(y)

She came to Screamfest in Orlando a couple years ago. I went solely to see her and to attend the midnight showing of RHPS (which she was MCing). It was the first time I had ever been to a midnight show! I'd only ever seen RHPS on the small screen at home. Next week will be my 4th live RHPS experience. A couple weeks ago, my college put on a production of Richard O'Brien's original stage show. It makes the movie look rated "G." :eek: :eek:

A new one... I don't typically change my desktop this often, but I just saw this film a few hours ago. Les Bonnes Femmes by Claude Chabrol. It's incredible--really moving stuff. And I can't get my mind off it. So... I found this lovely still from the film and here it is:

Niteshade007

That is one of my favorite films. Our theme for prom was "As Time Goes By," so I had all my friends watch it with me, and they didn't like it. I was very disappointed.

But it was a great prom. They had Casablanca playing on a giant screen, and Rick's Cafe Americain set up in another corner. I had a great time.

nezobiwan

Always irks me when people say, "Play it again, Sam."

That line is never in the movie. :(

As far as Bogey goes, I'm more of a Maltese Falcon person I think. I just love all of those snappy comebacks.

(y)

My husband likes Bogey and will watch anything he's in.

I'm more of a Jimmy Stewart fan. My favorite? Fievel Goes West! (that last part is a joke).

Ah, Time Goes By....

...gonna get on downloading the Casablanca soundtrack. It'd be a nice addition to Blackfield, Scott Walker and Joy Division.

Niteshade007

nezobiwan said:
Always irks me when people say, "Play it again, Sam."

That line is never in the movie. :(

As far as Bogey goes, I'm more of a Maltese Falcon person I think. I just love all of those snappy comebacks.

That also drives me crazy!

As far as Bogey's film noirs go, though, I think I enjoy The Big Sleep more, although I know that The Maltese Falcon is a far superior film. The only thing that really bothers me about The Maltese Falcon is that Mary Astor's character, Brigitte O'Shauggessy, is supposed to be a "knockout," as the secretary describes her, and to be honest, Astor is rather plain looking. Not ugly, but not quite "knockout" material. I think perhaps a different actress, and I would love it. Just one of those little things that bothers me.

But this isn't really the thread for that.

nezobiwan

So if you really love Christmas, c'mon and let it snow!

BillNighyScreenshot.jpg

Yeah, no. It's not Madonna.

I said she's not an actress... well she's not. Though she did direct one short film and star in it. And get this... it's a musical. Madonna was at least to that degree on the right track. ;)

Finn

Staff member
ResidentAlien said:
Though she did direct one short film and star in it. And get this... it's a musical. Madonna was at least to that degree on the right track. ;)
Ah heck then. Just thought I'd try something. You can't win if you don't take any chances.

Niteshade007

Haha, when you said "she's not an actress," I instantly though Madonna too.

I have no idea who she is.

But I love your new desktop nezobiwan. Where'd you get it?

Also, I just realized that "obi wan" was part of your screenname. I've been thinking of you as nezo-bi-wan, which didn't make any sense.

Niteshade007 said:
Also, I just realized that "obi wan" was part of your screenname. I've been thinking of you as nezo-bi-wan, which didn't make any sense.

I just noticed the same thing about 10 minutes ago! Very bizarre...

Any rate, I figure no one will get it... it's a picture of Kate Bush. The photo was taken for her first album, The Kick Inside... here's the actual album cover...

tkiusa.jpg

nezobiwan

Niteshade007 said:
But I love your new desktop nezobiwan. Where'd you get it?

I guess I could have made it more obvious with capitalization "NezObiwan." But you guys being in the dark for so long is more fun. :D Haha!

I downloaded it from the official site. They have a bunch of other ones too. But Bill Nighy is my favorite. :)
The full version of "Christmas is All Around" is hilarious. (y)